Web Browser RAM-based Pokemon Injection for XY and ORAS.

No, that won't work. All this does is manage to extract then inject save file data (which can be edited in the interim) while mid-play, the same limitation as when using Cyber Editor or other methods.

Aside comment, as to your sig., due to curiosity, I had to put this:

-Reason 1: Isshu was the first term anyone knew, so it is quite reasonable it would be the dominant. To then start using a whole other name for the same thing can sound quite awkward, and sometimes confusing to those that didn't switch.

-Reason 2: People like me who import likely wouldn't be using the English term at all in the first place, so it wouldn't catch on in their groups.

-Reason 3: Unova sounds stupid (to some people), though not to everyone. Of course, the opposite opinion may stand as well. That they changed it in the first place is a mystery... even if it's explained.

-Reason 4: Japan is the core/origin of the games, regardless of world-activity. So some people will prefer that by default, if that's how they prefer. For some people, that also makes it the "overall official" status, regardless of non-Japanese use.

No need to reply on that, at least on this thread, please, I just really felt intrigued to comment on that. Take it as you will.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey so

Pretty new to this

Have been following it for about a week now and just getting my hands wet. Decided to join in on the discussion as there was just one thing I wanted to ask:

So far, my injections have been successful; using the QR and the traditional method in this thread. Since I was trying to get a feel back from the PokeGen days and messing around with PkHex; my injectiondebug.bin was full of a lot of pokemon/edits that I didn't want: instead of just manually wiping the the SAV, I just deleted injectiondebug figuring I wouldn't need it anymore.

Long story short is that I didn't write down my SID, so I went trough the process again and got a new injectiondebug.bin but this time I kept getting an error from PkHex that my .bin was not a traditional debug that was able to be read. After multiple attempts and errors, I ended up using the RAM2Sav method to dump my save as a backup on my PC and got my SID by reading my ramsave.bin

My question is, since my injections have been working and I got my Save dumped and its readable in PkHex.. Will I be missing anything from not having a readable/correct injectiondebug.bin? Is it used for anything besides a sort of "read only" version of my save?

Still fairly new to the 3DS functions so I'm just trying to understand how this all works

I tried using pkhex through the browser method, and it isn't performing properly. I've made sure I've saved in the proper format (as a .ekx) and I've done the process of deleting cookies and initializing data several times. It worked the first time but it hasn't worked since. Now it loads a bordered page with links on it instead of erroring. Does anybody know what to do?

Other than telling you to try again... no one can really simply help you without more info (since none of us are there to just see it). So, here's something to try to help:

1: Are you using a New3DS? If so, it can't work, as the exploit doesn't exist in that browser.

2: Otherwise, you messed up at some point. Double check the FAQs and try again.

3: BE SURE you are up to date. If you aren't up to date, you increase the odds of it not working (annoying) or of it working wrong (possibly very bad).

-This means to be up to date on: PKHeX, game update, 3DS system update.

4: This doesn't work on modded 3DS systems.

I am having difficulty and require some guidance. I have no problem creating pokemon or injecting them using QR Code. I have put multiples in and used them. However, I cannot seem to get a injectdebug.bin I have injected a few before I realized i wanted my SID. Then I found the code.bin to add to the root. I added my pokemon file to the root. Reset cookies history and reinitialized but it still doesnt show a injecteddebug.bin . I do know enough to look for all files. I have gone as far as to show hidden files in windows explorer but still no file. So why wouldn't I get the debug file but be able to inject multiple pokemon successfully? Any suggestions?

Not necessarily. It depends on a couple other factors, though I would certainly appreciate if they did do that.

There are still other ways to Gen, though only one easy way I know that doesn't require piracy; in particular, Japanese-region games can continue to use Cyber Editor.

If a person gets a New3DS or plans to do so, then they wouldn't really be impeded to leave their old 3DS on the compatible firmware.

Ah, got it. Thanks, person who caused this to happen... As I suspected, it's a theft issue, not Genning (Genning just got caught in the crossfire). Sure, it's not a big one to users, but it does directly affect income for Nintendo.

Here's the likely big reason for the patch: Pokemon Shuffle. A great, fun, free game, with no real limitations and the ability to pay for extra of what you already get in-game. BUT, someone decided to go and mess with that, making it possible to completely ignore the payment stage and get game and total contents for zilch. DUH that's a no-no.

Not necessarily. It depends on a couple other factors, though I would certainly appreciate if they did do that.

There are still other ways to Gen, though only one easy way I know that doesn't require piracy; in particular, Japanese-region games can continue to use Cyber Editor.

If a person gets a New3DS or plans to do so, then they wouldn't really be impeded to leave their old 3DS on the compatible firmware.

Ah, got it. Thanks, person who caused this to happen... As I suspected, it's a theft issue, not Genning (Genning just got caught in the crossfire). Sure, it's not a big one to users, but it does directly affect income for Nintendo.

Here's the likely big reason for the patch: Pokemon Shuffle. A great, fun, free game, with no real limitations and the ability to pay for extra of what you already get in-game. BUT, someone decided to go and mess with that, making it possible to completely ignore the payment stage and get game and total contents for zilch. DUH that's a no-no.

Yeah it's very likely pokemon shuffle hack caused Nintendo to react :/ This bugs me even more since I didn't even play this game in the first place ><

Well, technically, hacking mons also ate into Ninty's income, although not as direct as that in Shuffle. If a player made a living dex through the QR codes, that would be one less person buying another parallel version of the Pokemon game he currently owns. That and it destroys the gaming experience. Not surprised they would block this after blocking Homepass.

Well, technically, hacking mons also ate into Ninty's income, although not as direct as that in Shuffle. If a player made a living dex through the QR codes, that would be one less person buying another parallel version of the Pokemon game he currently owns. That and it destroys the gaming experience. Not surprised they would block this after blocking Homepass.

But homepass isn't fully blocked, is it? I got my eon ticket through homepass at the start of ORAS.

They blocked Homepass? I just used it a few days ago and I still got the necessary data. I already got the Eon ticket in my OR and AS anyways. Even if the QR codes and exploits existed before I bought all Gen VI games, I still would've bought all of them. I stay away from those shortcut anyways, so buying all games is still a delight.

I think Homepass shutting down would make a bigger splash than this... (not finding anything on other sites suggesting it) Most likely you are just having technical issues on your end. (It would be nice to be certain, though I haven't been able to use it in a long time, it is a great trick for many people in areas with little to no Passing available)

I think Homepass shutting down would make a bigger splash than this... (not finding anything on other sites suggesting it) Most likely you are just having technical issues on your end. (It would be nice to be certain, though I haven't been able to use it in a long time, it is a great trick for many people in areas with little to no Passing available)

My two units (2DS and 3DS XL) are on 9.5.0-22U , and Homepass (through my old Android phone) works fine... Even used a little today.

And I must agree... where I live, I don't know anyone with a 3DS :(

But homepass isn't fully blocked, is it? I got my eon ticket through homepass at the start of ORAS.
They blocked Homepass? I just used it a few days ago and I still got the necessary data. I already got the Eon ticket in my OR and AS anyways. Even if the QR codes and exploits existed before I bought all Gen VI games, I still would've bought all of them. I stay away from those shortcut anyways, so buying all games is still a delight.

Lemme clarify...Homepass is not as easy to do as it was before, especially for those relying on Windows' hosted network and have no other options. It's as good as blocked for them (including me until I had to buy new equipment to fix the situation).

Hey I've been having some problems with PokeGen. Every time I use it, it gives me a Bad Egg. I've tried clearing my Cookies and History, and even redownloading PkHex and Code.bin but nothing's working. I haven't updated to the newest firmware either. Can anyone help me?

Hey I've been having some problems with PokeGen. Every time I use it, it gives me a Bad Egg. I've tried clearing my Cookies and History, and even redownloading PkHex and Code.bin but nothing's working. I haven't updated to the newest firmware either. Can anyone help me?

This sort of question is best asked in the PkHex forums: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?99-PKHeX