Web Browser RAM-based Pokemon Injection for XY and ORAS.

No, the file is fine. You just failed to inject it. You messed up somewhere. Double-check the steps AND read the FAQs.

@Merlo: What do you mean "have OR on the SD card"? This only works with cartridge games and doesn't care about anything else. Likewise, you simply messed up the process. (There are little nuances you actually need to check about, such as cookies; this is a problem MANY keep having, because they simply don't read the whole instructions+FAQs.)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings. I am very new to this scene, and have just purchased the New3DS, my first DS since the old original model, which I had not used in several years, so I am just returning to the DS life.

Now, before I get spammed about asking if the ORAS RAM injecting works on the New3DS, I already read and searched a good deal on this here within these forums, and have fully read the instructions and the first updated post and am fully aware that the RAM injecting does not work for and is not currently supported on the New3DS systems.

My question is pertaining to the status of work going towards any (if any) work is being put forth on making this work with said newer system. So, without further adieu, is there an estimated timeframe, even if just a vague guess, as to if this will be available on the New3DS?

I apologize for any stupidity or ignorance in my post, though I did read through a fairly large bit of posts made here and in other threads and tried to put work in before posting. So thank you for any information that is put forth regarding my question.

My question is pertaining to the status of work going towards any (if any) work is being put forth on making this work with said newer system. So, without further adieu, is there an estimated timeframe, even if just a vague guess, as to if this will be available on the New3DS?

I apologize for any stupidity or ignorance in my post, though I did read through a fairly large bit of posts made here and in other threads and tried to put work in before posting. So thank you for any information that is put forth regarding my question.

Nope.

@moopa: Sadly, no one can estimate that, since that would be Future Sight, and we're not Psychic types. The problem is that the New3DS has a totally different browser, so it's not an exploit you could just "port over" or something.

Yes, it may well be possible, but no one has yet found out how. If it does happen, that information will be announced.

Until then, you just have to play legally, wait and hope, use an older 3DS, or use Japanese + Cyber Editor.

Someone apparently was able to condense everything into the web browser payload and thus no files on SD card required:

http://lunarcookies.github.io/upload.html

Thread on GBATemp where this was originally posted:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-launcher-spider3dstools-released.379427/page-36#post-5354288

I currently lack the means of testing this myself as my 3DS XL has been sent off to get NAND modded. But it looks like it should work. It generates a QR code after you drag an ekx/ek6 file onto it and that points the browser to the custom payload it generates.

The author of this might try and build in a converter to convert unencrypted PKX files into ekx serverside. If that happens, it will certainly make this easier to use for some people. :D

I'm planning on updating sysnand manually to 9.2 via UpdateCDN (program that downloads and packages Nintendo updates from CDN servers into CIA so they can be installed to emunand/sysnand) and sysnand will be unaltered. (otherwise the 3DS wouldn't boot). So you're only half right. I had to sell my retail copy of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Pokemon X to pay for getting my other 3DS unbricked. (but the guy failed, so I sold it to another guy who's better at doing NAND mods and he was able to unbrick it...should have sent it to him first, but couldn't afford to the first time around) So right now I don't have copies of the game that will work in unpatched sysnand.

My 3DS XL is getting NAND modded so I can avoid possible bricks in the future. :P

I'm on Version 9.5.0-22U, I've got code.bin and pokemon.ekx in the root of the SD card, I cleared my history and cookies. After the browser crashes I open up ORAS and there's nothing in Box 1 Slot 1. Help?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. Didn't realize the game was supposed to be running >.<

Someone apparently was able to condense everything into the web browser payload and thus no files on SD card required:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-launcher-spider3dstools-released.379427/page-36#post-5354288

I currently lack the means of testing this myself as my 3DS XL has been sent off to get NAND modded. But it looks like it should work. It generates a QR code after you drag an ekx/ek6 file onto it and that points the browser to the custom payload it generates.

The author of this might try and build in a converter to convert unencrypted PKX files into ekx serverside. If that happens, it will certainly make this easier to use for some people. :D

All it needs is a multi-pokemon support. Boxdata.bin or dragging a folder of pk6 files to the blue square. Great so far.

This is actually pretty good news for the few people without any SD card reader (and I know a srprising amount of them).

This method can brick games/3DS somehow? Asking because Serebii website owner said that here at this link, so I'm afraid with this.

(although I understand their position against any injection method)

Can someone guide me in making a custom code.bin or something to force all encounters to be shiny? I'm not saying I'd use it to cheat or scam people of their hard-earned shinies by trading them seemingly-legit hacks; I'm just curious as to how one would go about doing something like that. Like, imagine every encountering shiny Pokemon everywhere you go. How nifty would that be? Lol.

Also, I'm sort of new to this whole RAM injection thing being available in Gen 6, so would a code to make all encounters shiny even be possible with injection like it was with AR in previous gens?

Thanks in advance.

Nope. You are not understanding how it works. What AR did was apply a constant change, altering how the data worked while it was active. That is a thing of the past. And finding everything as Shiny was never so great in the first place, once you had done it for a day. Some Pokemon are just better non-Shiny, and they stop being interesting at all when that's all you find.

All any GenVI cheating does is edit the save file, which has no lasting effects, other than that which it directly alters; this obviously can not affect game-play or anything that occurs while playing.

Which, really, this is far more efficient. Just catch what you want, then mark it Shiny. Done. So long as it's of Gen VI origin and not of any restricted parameters, it would be just as Legal as if you'd caught it Shiny in the first place.

On the point of scamming people with seeming-legit hacks... not really so likely anymore, even if you wanted to, since they have to pass a Legal Check to trade online in the first place. Sure, you may have not gotten it the proper way, which is certainly more appreciated by the far majority of players, even among cheaters, but so long as it's no different than if you had, in the end, barely anyone cares and it will have the same result as if it was proper.

Nope. You are not understanding how it works. What AR did was apply a constant change, altering how the data worked while it was active. That is a thing of the past. And finding everything as Shiny was never so great in the first place, once you had done it for a day. Some Pokemon are just better non-Shiny, and they stop being interesting at all when that's all you find.

All any GenVI cheating does is edit the save file, which has no lasting effects, other than that which it directly alters; this obviously can not affect game-play or anything that occurs while playing.

Which, really, this is far more efficient. Just catch what you want, then mark it Shiny. Done. So long as it's of Gen VI origin and not of any restricted parameters, it would be just as Legal as if you'd caught it Shiny in the first place.

On the point of scamming people with seeming-legit hacks... not really so likely anymore, even if you wanted to, since they have to pass a Legal Check to trade online in the first place. Sure, you may have not gotten it the proper way, which is certainly more appreciated by the far majority of players, even among cheaters, but so long as it's no different than if you had, in the end, barely anyone cares and it will have the same result as if it was proper.

Ah, I see. So you're saying that it's not worth it due to the simpler option of shinifying with something like PowerSaves?

Oh well; I was just wondering if it were possible for educational purposes. Guess it's not.

Okay, but I thought the whole web browser exploit was for RAM injection? If I can alter the horde encounter tables while in Petalburg Woods, then what else might I be able to do? Could I create/modify my own code.bin with custom code to inject onto the game from loadcode.projectpokemon.org (or whatever the link is)?