Web Browser RAM-based Pokemon Injection for XY and ORAS.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, first, I just wanna say great work too building this tool. Looks amazing. But unfortunately I own a Mac as we got them from school. Does this work with a Mac/does anyone know how to make it work with a Mac? Help would be very appreciated! :)
For PkHex, use wine and install .NET Framework 4.0 and run it directly through wine instead of making a "Wine.app"
All that happens when trying to open the PKHeX.exe directly in Wine is it gets stuck on the loading screen. http://imgur.com/rg5M7Mj

Still need help with this! :)

Hi, I put the pokemon as the .ekx format, and I have the code on the SD card as well. I went through the steps, the browser crashed, I went back into the game, opened up the box and there was no pokemon in Box 1 Slot 1. Suggestions? Do I maybe need a debugger? (sorry, I'm kind of new to this)

Hi, I put the pokemon as the .ekx format, and I have the code on the SD card as well. I went through the steps, the browser crashed, I went back into the game, opened up the box and there was no pokemon in Box 1 Slot 1. Suggestions? Do I maybe need a debugger? (sorry, I'm kind of new to this)

Clean your cookies and try again. Worked for me (:

Excuse me, SciresM, but the code.bin file is actually a VLC Media file for me and in Sleepy Jirachi's (and everyone else's) tutorial, their code.bin is an actual BIN file. Is this supposed to happen to me?

If I may...

It's fine. It just so happens that your PC has set file associations for .bin files with VLC Media Player. That's the same as mine. The 3DS can still read them.

Whatever you mean by "latnette's PC" won't affect it. In-game settings can not affect this process. What game it is won't matter either. You simply messed up somewhere, most likely one of the same mistakes that a ton of people keep re-posting here. Your answer is most likely within the last 10 posts, repeating at least once every 10 posts before that.

OR... if you have hacked your system. When they mention the whole Sysnand and Emunand, that's more a case of "Did you hack your 3DS?" (hence they say that "if you have to ask, then most likely you're fine"). If you did, reformat and re-update your 3DS (there really are consequences to doing things you shouldn't, ignoring the risk doesn't make it go away); if not, you just missed something, so read some of the past posts.

Whatever you mean by "latnette's PC" won't affect it. In-game settings can not affect this process. What game it is won't matter either. You simply messed up somewhere, most likely one of the same mistakes that a ton of people keep re-posting here. Your answer is most likely within the last 10 posts, repeating at least once every 10 posts before that.

OR... if you have hacked your system. When they mention the whole Sysnand and Emunand, that's more a case of "Did you hack your 3DS?" (hence they say that "if you have to ask, then most likely you're fine"). If you did, reformat and re-update your 3DS (there really are consequences to doing things you shouldn't, ignoring the risk doesn't make it go away); if not, you just missed something, so read some of the past posts.

I didnt hack my system. I did exactly the same as on some videos, i just dont receive a freaking pokemon....

Save File Dumping and Injection is available here.

This requires you use a 3ds on system nand 9.0-9.4. You CANNOT use any other firmware, nor a new nintendo 3ds, nor a 3ds on 9.x emunand.

This will NOT work on a Korean 3DS at the moment.

한국판 닌텐도3DS에는 불가능합니다.

If it isn't working, please clear your browser history and cookies and try again.

Please do not discuss Pokemon legality help in this thread. The place for that is here: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?40-Pok%E9mon-Legality

This is a method based off of Yifan Lu's spider3DSTools (https://github.com/yifanlu/Spider3DSTools) to inject pokemon into your game with nothing more than a 9.X Sysnand 3ds and an SD card reader.

You can see it in action here:

If you would like to import and export more than one pokemon at a time, see here.

Instructions:

1. Download code.bin from the bottom of this post and put it at the root of your 3ds's SD card.

2. Using PKHeX (http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?36986-PKHeX-(Gen-6-SAV-PKX-Editor)), save a pokemon (any pokemon) as "pokemon.ekx". Alternatively, download a sample hoopa from the bottom of this post. Copy that file to your SD card, and make sure it's named "pokemon.ekx".

3. On your 3ds, open up the game you want to inject to. Make sure you don't have anything in Box 1, slot 1.

4. Close your boxes in-game, open your web browser, and go to http://loadcode.projectpokemon.org -- After the web browser crashes, open up your game and the pokemon should be in box 1 slot 1.

If it doesn't work, please let me know so that I can give you a file that will let me debug why it isn't working and fix whatever the issue is.

Source: http://pastebin.com/mHB0XPfL

Update at 3 PM 1-24-15: Fixed a bug that was causing it to not inject properly.

Update at 1 AM 1-25-15: Added an example pokemon for people to test the exploit.

Image Tutorial by Kamek for finding SID:

a9x5rEb.png

Frequently Asked Questions

> What's the root directory? The Root directory of your SD card is the base folder. C: \ is the root of the C Drive, etc.

> What is emunand? Am I on Sysnand or Emunand? If you have to ask this question and/or don't know what either of those words mean, you are on Sysnand and this will work.

> When I run the exploit, I get a bad egg! Your pokemon.ekx file is not actually a .ekx. It is probably a .pkx. Make sure you are saving it correctly from PKHeX.

> How can I get my SID? Open your injectiondebug.bin (generated when you run the exploit) in the latest version of PKHeX.

> The exploit isn't working! When I run it, nothing happens, and I don't have an injectiondebug.bin! Clear your 3ds browser's cache/cookies. Scroll down to the bottom of settings and hit "Initialize Save Data", then try again.

> What does this work on? This works on Old 3ds and old 3ds XL firmwares 9.0-9.4.

> When do I trigger this? Load the website in the 3ds browser AFTER opening the game and making sure there's nothing in box 1 slot 1.

> I didn't get a pokedex entry for the pokemon I injected! This is normal. If you want the dex entry, put the pokemon into pokebank and then take it out.

> Can I use this to move multiple Pokemon at once? This is only for single Pokemon files. Use a Single Box Importer/Exporter or the Full PC Importer/Exporter for this.

Download:

Can You send me the file that debugs whats wrong because it worked the first time i used it and managed to gen in a diggersby,but every time i attempted afterwards it failed i even redid the steps multiple times i even tried using the sample and ended up with nothing in box 1.

I didnt hack my system. I did exactly the same as on some videos, i just dont receive a freaking pokemon....

Did you also clear the cache and cookies and history of your 3DS browser? If that doesn't work, also try to initialise the data of the browser too.

I've been using this method since I found out, and it works wonders. However, now, I went back to enter more pokemon today, but I keep getting eggs instead of the pokemon I set up on PokeGen. Anyone had this problem before? or maybe knows a solution? (I already tried clearing cache, cookies, history, and initialised the browser data.)

I still can't get this to work. Pokemon isn't showing up in the box, and the injection file you get for SID isn't showing up on my SD card. I've got the right updates with an old 3DS, and I've cleared the history and cache and initialize save data several times... It's starting to piss me off a little, to be frank.

I still can't get this to work. Pokemon isn't showing up in the box, and the injection file you get for SID isn't showing up on my SD card. I've got the right updates with an old 3DS, and I've cleared the history and cache and initialize save data several times... It's starting to piss me off a little, to be frank.

Did you open the browser while the game is open (suspended)?

The injection will only work that way.