Inserting saves and modding ROM headers

Sachka

Hi guys, I have a retail OR and Y, a SKY3DS and a Powersaves, I was testing with my current tools if I could use my original saves (from OR/Y) in my SKY, since SKY3DS works as a retail card, (detected by Powersaves / Pokemon Bank) and is able to restore/backup as an original cart, but I'm stuck with the fact they only recognize an individual value from each retail cartridge for the save to work. Now since SKY uses a template for writing the ROM header, I believe it is possible to just set it to my own cartridge info. The question is... Am I able to get a cartridge header info from just a save file?

Thanks.

I am not trying to edit anything, I don't even use a sav editor, I am just trying to get my original save into my sky cartridge. IT IS possible if I dump my game and use it with its own header in the template, BUT I don't have anything to dump it, so since SKY disk writer uses a template (.txt file with a header) I was wondering if the save file itself contained the game ID.

If your 3DS is still on 9.2 you can actually use Gateway's exploit to dump your ROM without owning a Gateway red card. Just grab Gateway's Launcher.dat, place it on the 3DS internal SD, and launch the exploit through the browser. You'll boot into a Gateway-themed menu where one of the options is to dump a ROM. No Gateway red card is necessary until you want to return to the home menu with signature/cart checks patched out.

I doubt there is any way to get the ROM header info from a save file, but I could be wrong.

If your 3DS is still on 9.2 you can actually use Gateway's exploit to dump your ROM without owning a Gateway red card. Just grab Gateway's Launcher.dat, place it on the 3DS internal SD, and launch the exploit through the browser. You'll boot into a Gateway-themed menu where one of the options is to dump a ROM. No Gateway red card is necessary until you want to return to the home menu with signature/cart checks patched out.

I doubt there is any way to get the ROM header info from a save file, but I could be wrong.

:o This is it! THANKS!