Distribution Location: World Hobby Fair 2015

Nagoya Dome - January 18

Makuhari Messe - January 24 & 25

Fukuoka Yahoo! Auction Dome - February 1

Kyocera Dome Osaka - February 8

Sources: CoroCoro February Issue, Official website

Edited by ignisrothe

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder if it will be possible to HomePass it, either that or just hack it in via the browser exploits.

I love how those racists never want to give a non-Japan country events.

Wow that's fierce.

Recently They have been more liberal with their events.

Like we will get it as a gamestop event or something.

Plus They literally had an event called the world hobby fair..

Wow that's fierce.

Recently They have been more liberal with their events.

Like we will get it as a gamestop event or something.

Plus They literally had an event called the world hobby fair..

Compare the number of events US and Japan has had since Gen 6 started.

Japan is massively ahead and that's not all---they get useful events that can impact gameplay too, like Jirachi with a unique move (that's actually good). Oh wait, it's shiny too?

That's not all? Japan has gotten it THREE times before America has gotten it once? Wait... what? Not all yet?

The only other Shiny Jirachi was one released with Colosseum... in 2003 or whatever... Japanese only. So Americans are still screwed.

GameStop also barely qualifies as an event. It's usually the employees hoarding codes. If you're lucky, they'll sell one to you if you purchase a game, but it has to be one they approve of, it can't be a game you actually wanted to buy. That sign that says "NO PURCHASE NECESSARY"? Doesn't exist.

Even stretching the absurdist "the event has to have a tie-in to something IRL" reason people use a lot as to why Japan gets more events than us... we have New Years. A holiday more celebrated and more associated with stars and wishmaking THAN THE JAPANESE FESTIVALS IT WAS RELEASED AT.

Pokemon lately sells just as well in America but we still get the massive shaft. I'm not sure why. Oh, let's not forget the two Pokemon that were JP-only at the end of Gen 5 because they're so slow with releasing anything that Gen 6 was starting when America should've gotten them.

Nintendo, we're in the 21st century. We have this thing called Wi-Fi now. Most people outside of Akihabara, Tokyo, and other Japanese media centrals do NOT play games in public or in transportation. StreetPass is as stupid as local-only events.

They should also realize no one is going to these things for the event (festivals, etc) if they're going there with a 3DS---they want the Pokemon. Meaning there is no "sentimental" purpose to the events. Rather, it's an economic one, the holders of the festivals hope to profit by hoping you're a shopaholic and will buy everything and anything there.

The only other Shiny Jirachi was one released with Colosseum... in 2003 or whatever... Japanese only. So Americans are still screwed.

GameStop also barely qualifies as an event. It's usually the employees hoarding codes. If you're lucky, they'll sell one to you if you purchase a game, but it has to be one they approve of, it can't be a game you actually wanted to buy. That sign that says "NO PURCHASE NECESSARY"? Doesn't exist.

My Gamestop experiences were rather positive. The recent ones for Shiny Gengar and Diancie, I just walked to the mall, asked for the card, and they gave me it, no questions asked. I do agree that Japanese events show some selfishness. The HA Unova starters releasing outside of Japan seem so out of the blue, it makes me think they did it as a response to a possible outrage over the nation exclusiveness for said events. Pokemon might sell well in America, but Japan treats it like it's a big part of their culture, while here in the States, it's just a cog in crucial money making machine (video games). That's why they have those Pokemon Center facilities and places dedicated to Pokemon, when here the most accessible places are Gamestops and Walmarts for Pokemon fixes, not counting going online.

Events like this only further the cause of genning and wondercard injection, which I would assume GF wouldn't want.

• 3 weeks later...

Acoording to Serebii, along with the Movie Arceus and 6 other legends for pre-booking the movie ticket, Corocoro also revealed that it was to distribute a shiny Rayquaza. I was unsure whether to make a new thread as it seems to be related to this event.

In addition to that, it reveals that the Shiny Rayquaza will also be distributed through CoroCoro. You can get it even if you got the one at the World Hobby Fair. Details of this distribution will be announced later.

• 2 weeks later...

So this 2nd shiny rayquaza by Corocoro is almost like its "twin brother" WHF. So i'm posting it here rather than make a new thread for it

Further details have been given for the recently announced Shiny Rayquaza event. This event is to be given via Serial Code in various stores across Japan, where you have to show the attendant your 3DS and the Pokémon game you own, while at 7/11 you can receive it through their 7 Spot system. These stores are: The Pokémon Center, Ion, Toys 'R' Us, 7/11, Ito-Yokado, Daiei, Fuji and Apita. You can receive the code from March 14th 2015 to April 12th 2015 while the code is redeemable from March 14th 2015 to May 15th 2015

Source: Serebii news