Ohana3DS (BCH Tool) [Deprecated]

Updated the program to have fancy new change color of render background options. And tutorials are soon to come (due to popular demand). A placeholder is there for now but be sure to check up on that.

I'd really wish that there's a program besides this. That would budge right through on Win 8.

I'd really wish that there's a program besides this. That would budge right through on Win 8.

Sorry you feel that way, but try compiling from source or something instead of continually being rude in my thread. I dont own windows 8, therefore it's hard to troubleshoot the issue. As I've said before, other windows 8 users have had problems said that running it off a flash drive worked. The people i've got to beta test on win8 said it ran fine without a flashdrive even, so check your installation as well. It's a mystery problem

Sorry you feel that way, but try compiling from source or something instead of continually being rude in my thread. I dont own windows 8, therefore it's hard to troubleshoot the issue. As I've said before, other windows 8 users have had problems said that running it off a flash drive worked. The people i've got to beta test on win8 said it ran fine without a flashdrive even, so check your installation as well. It's a mystery problem

Well. I'll try to beta test the 3 deminsional editor on my windows 8.1 Huelett Packard laptop. Because. I know it's a new processing system for an updated version and all that stuff

Edited by BattleLegend

Please help, I made the xorpads for my OR, *Noted it is converted to a 3dz* and I followed the Ohana3DS setup tutorial that come with it. However, when I get to set 5, which is pretty much loading the rom, and the xorpad, I click decrypt and sit and wait and after 45 seconds to a minute, the program crashes. Mine generated 3 RomFS.xorpad files, and I've tried loading the biggest one, and the smallest one. What am I doing wrong? Could someone help me please?

I've been co-writing the BCH viewer/exporter/modifier known as Ohana3DS (originally created by gdkchan)

I thought you guys would find this very useful so here it is

Screenshots:

Z3cZNLR.png

DW4EAaE.jpg

O2d3ufP.png

Features:

- Loads just about any BCH you throw at it (maps, pokemon, OW models, in-battle models, some BCH models from other games, etc)

- Exports models to SMD (source model)

- Loads textures from BCH

- Import/Export Textures to allow BCH texture editing

- Import/Export OBJ to allow BCH model editing(beta feature; gotta keep the same amount of verts)

- Can view map tile properties (thanks Kaphotics for providing code for that idea)

- Left and right arrow keys to load other models in the same folder as the loaded model

- Drag and drop to load files

- Unpack garcs and much more

Controls:

- Left click = rotate

- Right click = pan

- Mouse scroll = zoom

- Ctrl = finer zoom speed

- F9 = Toggle Lighting

- C = Change background render color

Future Plans:

- Finish BCH research

Romfs Locs:

OW models = a/0/2/1

In-Battle models = a/1/3/3

Map models = a/0/3/9

Map Textures = a/0/1/4

Map tex reference sheet: http://pastebin.com/E0NQgGhL

Other:

Github: https://github.com/gdkchan/OhanaXY

FAQ:

Q - Why do I get some weird exception/overflow on the latest push?

A - force 32bit and disable overflow checks (yay VB)

Q - Why does the exe crash/not work on my computer?

A - Make sure you have .Net 3.5 or higher and latest Direct X installed

Tutorials:

http://reisyukaku.org/prog/ohana.html

Enjoy~

could you help me i don't have gateway at all so i can't edit my rom i just want to edit a rom not for playing but just for fun

can you say how i can do that

Please help, I made the xorpads for my OR, *Noted it is converted to a 3dz* and I followed the Ohana3DS setup tutorial that come with it. However, when I get to set 5, which is pretty much loading the rom, and the xorpad, I click decrypt and sit and wait and after 45 seconds to a minute, the program crashes. Mine generated 3 RomFS.xorpad files, and I've tried loading the biggest one, and the smallest one. What am I doing wrong? Could someone help me please?

3? Should only be 1 (ignore anything that says CTAP on it) the romfs xorpad should be ~2GB for ORAS

could you help me i don't have gateway at all so i can't edit my rom i just want to edit a rom not for playing but just for fun

can you say how i can do that

That's a very very broad question. Check the tuts for reference I guess, or just experiment with the files.. when you dump the contents of romfs, you'll get a bunch of compressed files, so decompress those and check out the files inside.

3? Should only be 1 (ignore anything that says CTAP on it) the romfs xorpad should be ~2GB for ORAS

Sorry, I ment it generated the exefs, exheader, and the romfs. and it's the ~2GB file i'm using.

keyX is probably wrong.. thats the only other thing i can think of.. otherwise you could try using ctrtool to decrypt it

i have this wierd problem i was using ohana3ds when i tried to load charmander texture it give me this error ( http://imgur.com/OuMfr6E ) i have never had before and its only with a few pokemon charmander charmeleon and charizard some others i can't remember

well that seems to be a legitimate bug, so i updated it with a quick fix but the render might still look weird.. shouldnt effect anything game-wise if you were to just texture edit etc.