Ohana3DS (BCH Tool) [Deprecated]

I'm guessing only Pokemon with gender differences have a corresponding model and texture for each, yes? See what I wanted to do was replace the texture of each female pokemon with the shiny texture to offer variety but I suppose this isn't possible?

Edit: For those that don't have gender differences, perhaps I could simply copy and paste the files of the original and then apply the shiny textures to them, though I doubt that would actually work lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does Ohana3DS Rebirth not support any other file than bch as of yet? I have been attempting to throw other things at it but it will not accept them, drag and drop doesn't work, and the file selection system won't accept anything other than bchs.

On an unrelated note: Has the decompression method for textures been improved with the new program? I would be a nice thing not having to spend more time eliminating compression discoloring than messing with the textures themselves.

I'm hoping you'll provide options for changing the rendering shaders/etc for displaying models in Ohana. Ohana Rebirth still doesn't display the model for me. I have an Nvidia GTX 650 with latest drivers/DirectX on Win7 64-bit, and your Ohana Rebirth program still does not show any 3D model. The BCH loads because I can see the textures when I look at the texture section. So for now I have no idea what's going on with the model when I open something. :(

I installed both latest direct x and .net frame work 4.0

BUT I ALWAYS GET ERROR MESSAGE WHENEVER I OPEN OHANA3DS AND IT SAYS 'Sorry, something went wrong' AND DOESN'T OPEN THE BCH FILES.

ANY IDEA WHAT THE FXCK I HAVE TO DO TO HANDLE IT?

I BEG YOU, PLEASE ANSWER ME. THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY.

I installed both latest direct x and .net frame work 4.0

BUT I ALWAYS GET ERROR MESSAGE WHENEVER I OPEN OHANA3DS AND IT SAYS 'Sorry, something went wrong' AND DOESN'T OPEN THE BCH FILES.

ANY IDEA WHAT THE FXCK I HAVE TO DO TO HANDLE IT?

I BEG YOU, PLEASE ANSWER ME. THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY.

The original had problems running on some systems, but just to make sure, you're opening ohana and then it errors? or errors after you drop a bch into it?

The original had problems running on some systems, but just to make sure, you're opening ohana and then it errors? or errors after you drop a bch into it?

Both.

When I open Ohana, a error warning message pops. But I can ignore it and run the program anyway.

But when I try to import a BCH file, it says something went wrong.

I think the warning message appearing when I open Ohana3ds includes this problem.

Before I start, I just want to say sorry for being this n00by. Ok, so I have 2 problems

1. I downloaded a model I wanted to use, but none of the files are .bch

2. I decrypted my game and I want to change models, but I don't know where to load my files.(Figured it out)

Thanks in advance!

Edited by VictiniPower

Been using this to edit textures for a while now and it's worked perfectly every time, but I've hit a couple of snags...

Vivillon is the first model I've come across that doesn't seem to display the textures on the model in Ohana, so you're basically working blind. I'm trying to make some custom Vivillons with different patterns, and I'm obviously doing something wrong because all the patterns are appearing perfectly in place... but on the back of the wings. Here's the test I've been using:

2md475v.png

I've tried lots of variations but no luck.

And here's what I'm seeing in Ohana when the texture is loaded:

503lh.jpg

Normally I don't mind just figuring it out for myself but because repacking the a/0/0/8 folder takes 2-3 hours for me, it's getting a bit annoying doing trial and error.

Another thing... where is the Brendan/May on Mega Latios/Latias stored? I can't find it in the overworld model folder. I've edited the Latios and Mega Latios overworld models to the shiny texture, and they appear correctly as Latios is preparing to mega evolve, then for a second after it mega evolves, but once you're in control, it reverts back to the standard colouration. Presumably this is because there's a separate model somewhere with the player characters on the back?

Been using this to edit textures for a while now and it's worked perfectly every time, but I've hit a couple of snags...

Vivillon is the first model I've come across that doesn't seem to display the textures on the model in Ohana, so you're basically working blind. I'm trying to make some custom Vivillons with different patterns, and I'm obviously doing something wrong because all the patterns are appearing perfectly in place... but on the back of the wings. Here's the test I've been using:

2md475v.png

I've tried lots of variations but no luck.

And here's what I'm seeing in Ohana when the texture is loaded:

503lh.jpg

Normally I don't mind just figuring it out for myself but because repacking the a/0/0/8 folder takes 2-3 hours for me, it's getting a bit annoying doing trial and error.

Another thing... where is the Brendan/May on Mega Latios/Latias stored? I can't find it in the overworld model folder. I've edited the Latios and Mega Latios overworld models to the shiny texture, and they appear correctly as Latios is preparing to mega evolve, then for a second after it mega evolves, but once you're in control, it reverts back to the standard colouration. Presumably this is because there's a separate model somewhere with the player characters on the back?

Use rebirth, it parses bch perfectly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Use rebirth, it parses bch perfectly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I can't open anything in Rebirth for some reason, only the regular Ohana. When I unpack the GARCs myself using GARCtool, they come out like this (and both models and textures be opened in Ohana):

abt2kj.jpg

As far as I can see these aren't BCH files (or are they?)

When use Ohana to unpack the GARCs, the files look like this:

6og9xt.jpg

I can't get any of these files to open in Rebirth. The 'open' button only allows BCH files (which apparently I don't have) and the 'import' button just does nothing when I press it. Is there some kind of BCH converter? Or am I unpacking the a/0/0/8 GARC wrong?

I've read through, but I'm unclear of a few things; will this work on a game cartridge? I know I've seen "ROM" a few times, but I'm still unsure of if it is at all possible to do with a cartridge. If it is possible, I would love to know how. I've basically got a CFW right now, without the Gateway card but RXtools instead, 4.2 sysNAND and 9.8 emuNAND, FBI Installer, and SaveDataFiler. I'm not sure if I'll need to use the last two for anything here (I doubt it) but I mentioned them anyway. Do I HAVE to install a ROM in order to do this stuff, or can I mess around with a real, physical cartridge somehow too?

Also, do you think you could make a video tutorial of how to do this (from creating the xorpads to editing the files to making it playable)? I think that a lot of us could benefit from it (just to see it done visually helps a lot more than you might think).

Edited by JohnTravolski

I've read through, but I'm unclear of a few things; will this work on a game cartridge? I know I've seen "ROM" a few times, but I'm still unsure of if it is at all possible to do with a cartridge. If it is possible, I would love to know how. I've basically got a CFW right now, without the Gateway card but RXtools instead, 4.2 sysNAND and 9.8 emuNAND, FBI Installer, and SaveDataFiler. I'm not sure if I'll need to use the last two for anything here (I doubt it) but I mentioned them anyway. Do I HAVE to install a ROM in order to do this stuff, or can I mess around with a real, physical cartridge somehow too?

Also, do you think you could make a video tutorial of how to do this (from creating the xorpads to editing the files to making it playable)? I think that a lot of us could benefit from it (just to see it done visually helps a lot more than you might think).

Basically, you want to follow this guide for recompiling and be on PastaCFW (not sure what cfw is available so forgive me if I sound silly saying that): https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-3ds-roms-run-xy-oras-without-update.383055/

You don't actually need to even mess with the xorpads with the newer method.

Compile it all as a .cia and I believe you should be able to load your modified game fine. And to my knowledge, this cannot be done with a retail cartridge. You certainly can't edit the cartridge itself.