Ohana3DS (BCH Tool) [Deprecated]

Did a thing, figure I may as well post it here.

Cby32XcUkAArOqe.jpg:large

The image is rather large do to my video editor, and I'm to lazy to upload another. So, here's a link in case you need it; https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cby32XcUkAArOqe.jpg:large

I may release the .BCH file for it some time next weekend, there are still a few kinks I need to work out, specifically with the bag. I'd like to use it in a video myself before I get around to releasing it as well. Overall, everything seems all right with it.

Used:

Brendan's body

Red's hair (Smash Bros.)

Calem's Cap (Not the default hunting hat, the baseball cap from X/Y)

Trevor's backpack

A good portion of editing was done to each model and such, so it wasn't just a straight port from other things. Also, I'm no model making pro, nor do I claim to be. I simply did what I could with the resources available.

One thing to take note of, I cannot edit Brendan's body without the body exploding in a million different ways, so he's still wearing shorts (with the legs textured to look like pants), I also didn't edit his shoes since anything lower than the shorts barely gets seen outside of the cutscenes with Kyogre/Groudon and the Hall of Fame anyway.

My apologies for the double post, but how would I go about properly changing the map textures? They're all .133 files, I've used pk3DS to decompile them, recompile them, and then remake the GARC, but whenever I go into the map where textures have changed the game freezes on a black screen. I know it's not impossible, as I've seen another user change the exact two rooms I'm trying to change and it worked just fine. If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it immensely.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for a noob question: I was able to dump my Omega Ruby ROM and extract the "romfs" and "exefs" folders from it, but was not able to understand how to use "ohana3ds" to edit the files located in a-0-0-8 for Pokemon textures. I'm sure i'm suppose to use "garc tool" to extract the "8" file, but don't know how to do this. May i ask for help or a link to a tutorial.

Please and thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Izaya : Here you go -> https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-oras-model-editing-homebrew.401501/ Everything you'll need should be there. (if not, just ask me)

Hey ! I'm expecting negative answers but I recently had fun with my romfs file, randomizing the game, swapping models, etc... ( Thanks a lot for the great Ohana3ds by the way )

and like 90% of peoples, i swapped Brendan with Zinnia's.

However, her battle model (stuck in a T pose) and running OW model seems to stay static (levitating girl).

Is there a way to get around that ? Is it not possible to apply Brendan's animations on her skeleton ? Or even better, see her battle animation from the game ?

Thanks a lot of your help !

+ By the way, anyone got a way to mass edit a palette ? Similarly to photoshop ? Using Gimp to change each box one by one just takes far too much time to me.

For anyone wondering, using Brendan's animations on Zinnia will work pretty well with the bike animation (hair is not perfect but decent) and will looks pretty bad with the throwing animation (cape is distorted).

Though i'm debating if that's not better than static T.

Edited by Rapuny

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry, been a very long time without sleep. Open 0.IG with Ohana in the Container tab, extract all, then open file_0.bin with the Textures tab. Extract the bclim you want from there, then reverse the process to pack it all up into the garc again.

Can you explain exactly how you repack the file_0.bin back into 0.IG? I followed your instructions and was able to open 0.IG and do some texture changes but I don't understand how to repack it.

Does anyone know how to repack .137 files for the Map Textures at a/0/1/4? I was successfully able to unpack the .137 files with the tool on pk3DS but whenever I try to repack pack it never actually changes the .137. Can anyone help me figure this out? Even when it says the pack is successful it doesn't actually change the .137 file.<a  href=Capture2_zpsplbeasfk.png' alt='Capture2_Capture_zpsh6hmwone.png[/img]

• 2 weeks later...

I need to use the old Ohana3DS because I don't have files compatible with the new one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13252[/ATTACH]

I have the latest Net Framework and DirectX. What should I do?

I just want to view and export 3D models of a 3DS rom and its textures. Thelostrune recommended me to get XORPads and .CIA files. I have the 3DS rom and the two all in the same region, but I don't know where to begin and what to do. Can you help me? Thank you for your help!

I just want to view and export 3D models of a 3DS rom and its textures. Thelostrune recommended me to get XORPads and .CIA files. I have the 3DS rom and the two all in the same region, but I don't know where to begin and what to do. Can you help me? Thank you for your help!

You should just create an own thread on GBATemp at this point. This forum is really, really slow, you see.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey, I was wondering if I could get any sort of clarification on this. I'm trying to make a battle field out of OR/AS maps, however the map files in OR/AS don't have the textures packaged into the same .BCH file as the map itself. I'm wondering if it's possible, either through Ohana, Rebirth, or some other method, to add these textures directly to the map's .BCH file. If someone could provide an answer, great! Thanks in advance! However, I'm really not expecting one, to be quite honest.

Please disregard my last post. Through Hex Editing, I've figured out what I needed to know. With any luck, I'll post a video showing some progress on it in the coming days.

EDIT: Nope, nevermind. I overlooked something that made me think I got what I needed. Still working at it in my spare time, though.

Edited by RubyCarbuncle

Heyo, I been trying to get Ohana3DS to work but i get an error saying

"Unhandled exception has occured in your application.

If you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit the application will close immediately"

"Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf385ad364e35' or one of its" then stops there, when i click details I get this

"See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

at Ohana3DS.FrmMain.FrmMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at Ohana3DS.FrmMain.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

Ohana3DS

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/Ohana3DS.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box." any idea how to fix this? I tried installing DirectX but said it was incompatible with my PC, So i tried Ohana3DS Rebirth but it gets the same error and closes. I tried asking TiniVi for help but he's just a meme master for today so I kinda gotta ask here .-. sorry if this has been solved but i skimmed through all 18 pages and saw no solution. Thank you in advanced

• 1 month later...

I'm new into this stuff and just worked out how to use Ohana, but when it comes to viewing the exported models in other applications (namely Blender) the texture doesn't match with the model properly. Does Ohana export UV mappings wrong? I attached the screenshot so that my problem is more clear. The model in the image is Meowth's lower body.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13795[/ATTACH]