Ohana3DS (BCH Tool) [Deprecated]

So, as I really wanted to try the features of modifying 3d models I wrote a simple program which randomly swaps the names of the files in the garc a/0/2/1 (the OW models). Everything seems to work flawlessly in the game (100 times funnier lol) except one simple thing: this

As you can see the player model is the same but glitchy. The strange thing is not the glitch itself but the fact that it's still the same model. I immediately checked the garc but every player model I found (002,159..) was randomized correctly so where did I go wrong?

Is the player model OW in another path?

Thanks for the help.

^

If anyone with some more knowledge than me could answer this please...

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to mess around with the lighting in Ohana3DS Rebirth? Also what does the Export feature do since it doesn't seem to do anything for me? (Also I think the version I have is outdated and I can't compile the one in github since I don't have github nor C#)

It works very well displaying animations though!

Edited by Silverhawke

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I've been trying to edit Meowstic Male's shiny but when I import it into the game the part surrounding the eyes is a darker shade than the rest of the Pokémon. Thing is when I analize the textures in Photoshop it indicates that it's the same colour, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Sorry if it's been reported already, but there's a couple texture errors with Scraggy, mainly his eyes.

The eye area doesn't show up on the editor or in-game after no editing, just opening the file and saving.

Hope this helps(?)

Hello!

Is the any chance the creator of Ohana3DS could add an option to import .smd files back into the program or at least make it so you're able to handle rigs/armatures? I've been trying to switch Latios' OW models into shiny Reshiram without any luck. Whenever I activate the Eon Flute (renamed Tao Flute), the game freezes. And I'm sure it has something to do with the wrong type of bones in the "new" models. I've tried to import the smd-file into Blender to remove all bones except for the root one, but like I said, I wish there was a way to open said filetype in Ohana. Any help or response would be appreciated.

Hi! I've been trying to edit Meowstic Male's shiny but when I import it into the game the part surrounding the eyes is a darker shade than the rest of the Pokémon. Thing is when I analize the textures in Photoshop it indicates that it's the same colour, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

You have to edit the nor files too

(Example bodyANOR.png)

After I made a texture edit, how do I compile the model files back into the file that I extracted them from?

after you import the edited textures you just need to press save and it will save the .pt file afterwards you need to recompile the folder into a garc (garc tool or pk3ds can do this)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, hi, how's it going? You never get anywhere in life unless you ask stupid questions, so here I am. I know this has been asked before, but I figured it'd be best to try and get some answers before going knee deep into a bunch of stuff I didn't need to know. I know a "Fair" amount about modeling, but I'm still just a beginner so please excuse my ignorance on the matter. So, I wanted to be able to insert my own custom characters into these games, but figured I'd tackle something a bit simpler first, as I'm still a beginner and need to learn what the limitations of inserting things through Ohana are. After removing May's default bag I applied Trevor's to her body model, fixed up the textures, and it surprisingly inserted itself into Ohana without the typical, "This model has more faces... etc. etc." error. So, I figured it worked. If it did, I wouldn't be here.

To start off, I read this on page 3:

That's because your custom model's verts are too different from the original so the bones arent binding to the correct verts.

I get that, however I didn't expect the model to become this corrupt since I was still using May's body and figured her bones would still be attached to her model like normal. At most I expected Trevor's bag to be the thing to glitch out like this. Laughably enough, it's the only thing that didn't become a jumbled mess.

Anyway, here's the image of what happened.

untitled_2_by_justinstockert-d9qpj5b.png

Basically, all I'm asking is if there's a way to correct this. Do I need to bind the model to May's original model's bones manually? If so, how? Or is it something else entirely. All I need is to be pointed in the right direction, and I'll do the rest of the research myself.

Thank you for your time.

Do you know when the model importing feature will be updated? If not, does anyone know of any resources which will convert .obj to .bch? I've created a custom model + textures but when i try importing the model I always end up with too many faces :/

Do you know when the model importing feature will be updated? If not, does anyone know of any resources which will convert .obj to .bch? I've created a custom model + textures but when i try importing the model I always end up with too many faces :/

you have to make sure it has the same amount of virts triangles and bones