Ohana3DS (BCH Tool) [Deprecated]

how do you do model swaps

Extract a garc file with garc tool, find the model you want to replace with Ohana. Copy that model out and back it up, then find the model you wanted to swap in. Paste it in, then rename it to what the original file you copied out was. Repack it with garc tool, rebuild your rom, then load it up. Not all model swaps work or look good, obviously.

Is there a way to convert BCH models into 154 ones (with the magic "MM") ?

I found that there are BCH "sections" in a 154 file, so I tried to just add the header of a 154 file on the top oh a BCH file. The model is successfully loaded, and also the textures, but all the textures on the model (and maybe the bones ?) are corrupted :(

I also tried to know about the structure of an 154 file by watching the source code, but I'm not good enough in programming to understand how does it works :(

I think the corruption comes from wrong offsets :/

If someone can make a quick little program to convert easly BCH files to 154, it would be very helpful :) Thank you :D

I've been co-writing the BCH viewer/exporter/modifier known as Ohana3DS (originally created by gdkchan)

I thought you guys would find this very useful so here it is

Screenshots:

Z3cZNLR.png

DW4EAaE.jpg

O2d3ufP.png

Features:

- Loads just about any BCH you throw at it (maps, pokemon, OW models, in-battle models, some BCH models from other games, etc)

- Exports models to SMD (source model)

- Loads textures from BCH

- Import/Export Textures to allow BCH texture editing

- Import/Export OBJ to allow BCH model editing(beta feature; gotta keep the same amount of verts)

- Can view map tile properties (thanks Kaphotics for providing code for that idea)

- Left and right arrow keys to load other models in the same folder as the loaded model

- Drag and drop to load files

- Unpack garcs and much more

Controls:

- Left click = rotate

- Right click = pan

- Mouse scroll = zoom

- Ctrl = finer zoom speed

- F9 = Toggle Lighting

- C = Change background render color

Future Plans:

- Finish BCH research

Romfs Locs:

OW models = a/0/2/1

In-Battle models = a/1/3/3

Map models = a/0/3/9

Map Textures = a/0/1/4

Map tex reference sheet: http://pastebin.com/E0NQgGhL

Other:

Github: https://github.com/gdkchan/OhanaXY

FAQ:

Q - Why do I get some weird exception/overflow on the latest push?

A - force 32bit and disable overflow checks (yay VB)

Q - Why does the exe crash/not work on my computer?

A - Make sure you have .Net 3.5 or higher and latest Direct X installed

Tutorials:

http://reisyukaku.org/prog/ohana.html

Enjoy~

Update: The current Ohana is becoming depricated and will be replaced by 'Ohana-Rebirth'. This new program was written from scratch (in C# this time), optimized and will have ton of more features. It's still in the beta phase, but i'll update a compiled one here every so often for those curious to try it out.

When I downloaded Ohana 3DS rebirth i opened it and then nothing happened and I don't know why. Also when I try to open the original Ohana 3DS it gives me an error message saying "Could not load file or assembly "Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." Can someone help me resolve the issue please.:frown::mad:

When I downloaded Ohana 3DS rebirth i opened it and then nothing happened and I don't know why. Also when I try to open the original Ohana 3DS it gives me an error message saying "Could not load file or assembly "Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." Can someone help me resolve the issue please.:frown::mad:

Check you gpu drivers and DirectX version.

I'm unsure if it's because I am a total idiot and noob and am just missing a simple solution or what, but I'm having trouble even opening files in Ohana Rebirth... I have tried unpacking a/0/2/1 (Overworlds) using both GARC Unpacker and then GARCTool, the GARC Unpacker folder contained .bin files and GARCTool one had .154 files. Trying to open either of the files in Rebirth just gives this error:

Unhandled exception has occured in your application. The specified module could not be found (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

************** Exception Text **************

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.Ohana.RenderEngine.initialize(IntPtr handle, Int32 width, Int32 height)

at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.GUI.OViewportWindow.initialize(RenderEngine renderEngine)

at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.FrmMain.launchModel(OModelGroup model, String name)

at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.FrmMain.open(Stream data, String name)

at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.FrmMain.open(String fileName)

at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.FrmMain.mnuOpen_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

If I click 'continue' the file appears in Rebirth but I can't see the model/animations, only the textures. Also an error dialogue box keeps popping up every time I click something, and I can't even exit out of the program. Is there something I am missing? Is there something I am supposed to do with the .bin or the .154 files? Is it something to do with my graphics? I have an Intel i7 running integrated Intel HD Graphics, and DirectX 11. Surely that should be enough to run the program..

EDIT: I managed to get original Ohana working, but still, if anyone has advice for me it would be appreciated >< I am new to this scene but I am trying to learn the ropes at the moment.

Edited by 4 4Hy

i get an error message when i start the program up please help here is the error message some things are in dutch sorry

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Kan bestand of assembly Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35 of een van de afhankelijkheden hiervan niet laden. Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.

Bestandsnaam: Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35

bij Ohana3DS.FrmMain.Screen_MouseMove(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)

bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)

bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)

bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

bij System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRSCH: registratie van assembly-bindingen is uitgeschakeld.

Als u assembly-bindingsfouten wilt registreren, stelt u de registerwaarde [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) in op 1.

Opmerking: er is een prestatiestraf gekoppeld aan de registratie van assembly-bindingsfouten.

Als u deze functie wilt uitschakelen, verwijdert u de registerwaarde [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Geladen assembly's **************

mscorlib

Assembly-versie: 2.0.0.0

Win32-versie: 2.0.50727.8009 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

Ohana3DS

Assembly-versie: 1.0.0.0

Win32-versie: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Shawn%20van%20den%20Berg/Desktop/Rom%20Hack%20Starter%20Pack/Ohana3DS.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly-versie: 8.0.0.0

Win32-versie: 8.0.50727.8007 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

Win32-versie: 2.0.50727.8015 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Win32-versie: 2.0.50727.8016 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

Win32-versie: 2.0.50727.8012 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

mscorlib.resources

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

System.Windows.Forms.resources

Win32-versie: 2.0.50727.7905 (win9rel.050727-7900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_nl_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT-foutopsporing **************

Als u JIT-foutopsporing wilt inschakelen, moet in het configuratiebestand voor deze

toepassing of computer (machine.config) de waarde

jitDebugging in het gedeelte system.windows.forms zijn ingesteld.

De toepassing moet ook zijn gecompileerd terwijl foutopsporing

was ingeschakeld.

Bijvoorbeeld:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

Wanneer JIT-foutopsporing is ingeschakeld, worden onverwerkte uitzonderingen

naar het JIT-foutopsporingsprogramma gestuurd dat op de computer is geregistreerd

en worden niet door dit dialoogvenster verwerkt.

There is nothing in there.

Sorry, been a very long time without sleep. Open 0.IG with Ohana in the Container tab, extract all, then open file_0.bin with the Textures tab. Extract the bclim you want from there, then reverse the process to pack it all up into the garc again.

First, I want to say thanks to everyone who made this possible because it's amazing.

So, as I really wanted to try the features of modifying 3d models I wrote a simple program which randomly swaps the names of the files in the garc a/0/2/1 (the OW models). Everything seems to work flawlessly in the game (100 times funnier lol) except one simple thing: this

As you can see the player model is the same but glitchy. The strange thing is not the glitch itself but the fact that it's still the same model. I immediately checked the garc but every player model I found (002,159..) was randomized correctly so where did I go wrong?

Is the player model OW in another path?

Thanks for the help.

Plz How edit this??

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12764[/ATTACH]

Ok I'm going to try explain you. It may not seem easy so feel free to ask for details.

First you should have the two folder "exe" and "romfs". We will be working on the latter.

*Download GARCTool here

*Download bclimtest here

*Download png2bclim here

Now you want to open GARCTool and select the FILE with the mugshots (a/1/6/0), hit process and wait

Once finished go to romfs>a>1>6 and you should see a folder named "0_", open it.

There you have all the trainer mugshots in a .bclim format.

Open bclimtest.exe and navigate to that folder to select a file (mugs start at dec_006) and then tick "save png" and hit "Go".

Edit the png with whatever sw you want and save the new image in a png format.

Then open up png2bclim and re-convert it to a bclim format. Be sure to name it exactly as the original ("dec_xxx"), then you can replace it in the "0_" folder.

Once you've edited everything you want head to GARCTool again and select the FOLDER "0_", then click Go and wait.

You can now delete de "0_" folder and the old 0 file in a/1/6 and rename the newly arrived "0_.garc" in "0" (ONLY 0, no format, no anything else, just 0).

Done, you can now rebuild your romfs and play with custom mugshots.

Hope it helps.

Ok I'm going to try explain you. It may not seem easy so feel free to ask for details.

First you should have the two folder "exe" and "romfs". We will be working on the latter.

*Download GARCTool here

*Download bclimtest here

*Download png2bclim here

Now you want to open GARCTool and select the FILE with the mugshots (a/1/6/0), hit process and wait

Once finished go to romfs>a>1>6 and you should see a folder named "0_", open it.

There you have all the trainer mugshots in a .bclim format.

Open bclimtest.exe and navigate to that folder to select a file (mugs start at dec_006) and then tick "save png" and hit "Go".

Edit the png with whatever sw you want and save the new image in a png format.

Then open up png2bclim and re-convert it to a bclim format. Be sure to name it exactly as the original ("dec_xxx"), then you can replace it in the "0_" folder.

Once you've edited everything you want head to GARCTool again and select the FOLDER "0_", then click Go and wait.

You can now delete de "0_" folder and the old 0 file in a/1/6 and rename the newly arrived "0_.garc" in "0" (ONLY 0, no format, no anything else, just 0).

Done, you can now rebuild your romfs and play with custom mugshots.

Hope it helps.

Thnx I'm only need the files to edit, you are my god!!!