Ohana3DS (BCH Tool) [Deprecated]

there is no a311

I was just using that type of format as an example; I wasn't directly referring to a specific folder because I couldn't remember which one it was. Specifically, I'm trying to edit models in a133 and a021, sorry for the confusion.

Does anyone know where the lava/water effects for the title screen are? I've changed pretty much everything in a/1/5/2 that I think it could be and nothing so far! I'm guessing they're somewhere else. I'm trying to change the background textures green.

2prvkoy.jpg

Yes, you can change the background, the files are in a/1/5/2 but there are many files, you must edit every single effect.

Good luck!

the in battle model (a/1/3/3) for may is dec_20.bin

the OW model (a/0/2/1) for may is dec_171.bin and dec_314.bin

Funny thing is, dec_20.bin isn't actually there. I have dec_20.bch instead, here is a screenshot:

jZ1vDgw.png

I assume I would edit it by inserting the .bch or .bin file I want to replace it with, correct? When I tried what I just said, the uncompressed file size is ???. When I saved and tried repacking the 3DS file from that and convert to .cia, the game would install correctly and run properly until after I choose my language. Am I even doing this right lol?

The ??? picture in the spoiler:

JOr4VCS.png

Also, why is my Ohana3DS window resolution so... compressed? Looking at the OP, the tabs aren't as squished as mine. I have .Net 3.5 or higher and the latest Direct X installed.

EDIT: I completely forgot about GarcTool; I used it on a133 and replaced dec_20.bch with my own. I think I need to rebuild whatever is in my 3_ folder and make it a 3 file to replace the existing one. I opened my 3_ folder with GARCTool to repack it, but it is a .garc file. I'm unsure as to what I should do next to pack this file into my 3DS ROM.

I've seen this picture in the spoiler, so I assume I delete my original 3 file, leave the 3.garc file, and repack the ROM at this point?

creation-garc.jpg

I tried repacking my ROM by deleting the original a133 and a021 and left the 3.garc and 1.garc for a133 and a021, respectively. I converted my ROM to a .cia, installed it, and after I select my language, the game throws an error, please turn off the system message. I can't give you the exact error report on it, because it's in Japanese, but I know enough Japanese to let me know it was an error. If anyone has done a model swap before, could you help me out here? I've been stalking many threads about this topic but there was no one thread that clearly explained it well enough to let me know if I'm actually doing any of this right.

Edited by LEGOF

• 2 weeks later...

What is the location of Mega Latios and Brendan/May models while flying?

I've found Lati@s before, but appearently they only were from the short cutscene when you hop onto them.

EDIT: NVM Found them.

Now, does anyone know which file Pokemon animations are located at?

Edited by Xeogran

• 2 weeks later...

I've found Lati@s before, but appearently they only were from the short cutscene when you hop onto them.

Can you give me the location ???

I've been co-writing the BCH viewer/exporter/modifier known as Ohana3DS (originally created by gdkchan)

I thought you guys would find this very useful so here it is

Screenshots:

Z3cZNLR.png

DW4EAaE.jpg

O2d3ufP.png

Features:

- Loads just about any BCH you throw at it (maps, pokemon, OW models, in-battle models, some BCH models from other games, etc)

- Exports models to SMD (source model)

- Loads textures from BCH

- Import/Export Textures to allow BCH texture editing

- Import/Export OBJ to allow BCH model editing(beta feature; gotta keep the same amount of verts)

- Can view map tile properties (thanks Kaphotics for providing code for that idea)

- Left and right arrow keys to load other models in the same folder as the loaded model

- Drag and drop to load files

- Unpack garcs and much more

Controls:

- Left click = rotate

- Right click = pan

- Mouse scroll = zoom

- Ctrl = finer zoom speed

- F9 = Toggle Lighting

- C = Change background render color

Future Plans:

- Finish BCH research

Romfs Locs:

OW models = a/0/2/1

In-Battle models = a/1/3/3

Map models = a/0/3/9

Map Textures = a/0/1/4

Map tex reference sheet: http://pastebin.com/E0NQgGhL

Other:

Github: https://github.com/gdkchan/OhanaXY

FAQ:

Q - Why do I get some weird exception/overflow on the latest push?

A - force 32bit and disable overflow checks (yay VB)

Q - Why does the exe crash/not work on my computer?

A - Make sure you have .Net 3.5 or higher and latest Direct X installed

Tutorials:

http://reisyukaku.org/prog/ohana.html

Enjoy~

Update: The current Ohana is becoming depricated and will be replaced by 'Ohana-Rebirth'. This new program was written from scratch (in C# this time), optimized and will have ton of more features. It's still in the beta phase, but i'll update a compiled one here every so often for those curious to try it out.

Can you upload your shadow lugia and primal dialga model please? I want to show my friends the awesomeness you have made.

Can you upload your shadow lugia and primal dialga model please? I want to show my friends the awesomeness you have made.

I believe you're quoting the wrong person. There's a thread on GBATemp under 3DS ROM Hacking by Asia81 with shared textures, including those you mentioned. Yes, they're texture edits, not model edits.

I've been trying to find the Brendan/May Lati@s in-flight models for ages and like you and only managed to find the cutscenes version. Where did you find them?

• 3 weeks later...

I want to say a HUGE thank you to both Reisyukaku, Kaphotics, and Asia81 for the countless resources that made it possible for me to go from having no knowledge of 3DS modding or ROM editing, to a fully-functional game with an edit within 3 days. I signed up to say thanks, and share.

http://i.imgur.com/91eTeZD.jpg and http://i.imgur.com/9ieWTO4.jpg?1

It uses Reisyukaku's Busty May mod, but I touched up and changed the battle and overworld textures since I wanted dark hair (it's not a flat black), red eyes, and a red bow. I have a graphics tablet that I used to smooth out the texture provided. Ohana3DS is an amazing program! If anyone wants the textures, I can post them.

But seriously, thank you guys for all the crazy work you put into this stuff. My next stop is randomising the game!

• 2 weeks later...

I know I most recently replied to this topic, but that was a week ago. I was wondering if anyone knew where to find the player gender portrait textures? The ones that show when you're selecting your gender at the start of the game in the back of the truck. Tried searching all over but I can't find them.

I know I most recently replied to this topic, but that was a week ago. I was wondering if anyone knew where to find the player gender portrait textures? The ones that show when you're selecting your gender at the start of the game in the back of the truck. Tried searching all over but I can't find them.

The ones that show when you're selecting your gender

-> the same as the overworld model

The ones that show when you're selecting your gender

-> the same as the overworld model

... Oh, goddammit. Thank you. I'm blind I swear >.>

Edit: Gender Select Pictures aren't in a/0/2/1 or a/1/3/3 . My search continues. I'm looking for these pictures, by the way.

Edit 2: Found it. Gender Selection images are available at 2/6/9/0.IG (extract)/file_0.bin

Edit 3: It matches now! Click if you want to see!

Edited by InfiniRien

I want to say a HUGE thank you to both Reisyukaku, Kaphotics, and Asia81 for the countless resources that made it possible for me to go from having no knowledge of 3DS modding or ROM editing, to a fully-functional game with an edit within 3 days. I signed up to say thanks, and share.

http://i.imgur.com/91eTeZD.jpg and http://i.imgur.com/9ieWTO4.jpg?1

It uses Reisyukaku's Busty May mod, but I touched up and changed the battle and overworld textures since I wanted dark hair (it's not a flat black), red eyes, and a red bow. I have a graphics tablet that I used to smooth out the texture provided. Ohana3DS is an amazing program! If anyone wants the textures, I can post them.

But seriously, thank you guys for all the crazy work you put into this stuff. My next stop is randomising the game!

Can You Share The Textures? :)

Where is the OW model for Serena? I thought the XY overworld models were in a/0/2/1, but can't find it in there :( There are also some models which don't load properly there, dec_001.154 loads a grey cube "projection_dummy" which doesn't seem correct for a 770kb file.

could you update it so it can load romfs because if you want to use it on hans you need to dump the full rom which you cannon do on newer firmwares hans workings on use the tool on that then decypt to get romfs that does work on hans but people can't dump full on newer filmware