Ohana3DS (BCH Tool) [Deprecated]

Basically, you want to follow this guide for recompiling and be on PastaCFW (not sure what cfw is available so forgive me if I sound silly saying that): https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-3ds-roms-run-xy-oras-without-update.383055/

You don't actually need to even mess with the xorpads with the newer method.

Compile it all as a .cia and I believe you should be able to load your modified game fine. And to my knowledge, this cannot be done with a retail cartridge. You certainly can't edit the cartridge itself.

Okay, thanks, so I read through that tutorial, but I'm confused. If I can go through all of that so easily, then what files will I be editing to change the textures in ORAS? It says that:

3 files will be created:

- DecryptedExHeader.bin

- DecryptedExeFs.bin

- DecryptedExeFS.bin

How do I use those files to edit them? Can the program created here just open them automatically or do I have to do something else to them first? (And, of course, which one do I open?)

Okay, thanks, so I read through that tutorial, but I'm confused. If I can go through all of that so easily, then what files will I be editing to change the textures in ORAS? It says that:

3 files will be created:

- DecryptedExHeader.bin

- DecryptedExeFs.bin

- DecryptedExeFS.bin

How do I use those files to edit them? Can the program created here just open them automatically or do I have to do something else to them first? (And, of course, which one do I open?)

If you go through the process, you should get a romfs folder. Within that, you find a number of files, but the ones you'll likely want are in the the subfolders of the a folder. These are garc files which Ohana should be able to open itself and dump files from. There's no real marks to denote any of them as anything specific until you unpack and view the files within them, but I can tell you A\0\0\8 contains the Pokemon, A\1\1\4 contains Super Training stuff, A\1\3\3 contains high quality character models, and A\0\2\1 contains overworld models. I haven't kept great notes on what's where, but that should give you something to start with along with whatever Rei has listed on the first post.

Oh, okay. Sorry, I didn't realize that other files would be created. Thanks, I'll try it out and let you know how it goes.

Now, since I'm not far enough yet, does anybody have any experience transferring save data from a previous cartridge or regular, working ROM to one of these edited ones? I know how to use SaveDataFiler, but that doesn't mean the transfer will be successful. I'm just wondering if anybody else has any experience. If so, let me know.

Guys, I have a very simple question but I can't find the answer anywhere. Is it possible to do all this with the Sky3ds? All I wanted was to change Brendan's clothes color and "sculpt" his cap into a spiky hair.

But I've only seen people talking about Gateway. Can it be done with the SKy3ds? Thank you guys :)

Guys, I have a very simple question but I can't find the answer anywhere. Is it possible to do all this with the Sky3ds? All I wanted was to change Brendan's clothes color and "sculpt" his cap into a spiky hair.

But I've only seen people talking about Gateway. Can it be done with the SKy3ds? Thank you guys :)

Only firmware 9.2 and below.

Hmm, I can't get the Ohana3DS program to run. I read all of the things in the original post, but I have DirectX 11, and Net 3.5 installed. However, I'm not sure how to run Ohana3DS as "32 bit" or "disable overflow checks." The error I'm getting can be seen here.

XJBJl2D.png

When I click quit, the program stops. When I click continue, I get this:

z5socW7.png

Every single time I click continue after that, the same error comes up and I can't do anything else in the program. So, since this didn't work, I tried the OhanaRebirth program, and it opens and works fine. However, I can't use it on any of the files I extracted from the game. Notice here:

qQBc5M2.png

As you can see, even though the program opens up fine, it doesn't find any of the files that I got out of the game (the File Explorer on the left is the one opened from OhanaRebirth and is the one searching for the files to open). Did I do something wrong when I extracted the files? Should they have extensions or something? They all just say "File" and apparently have no extension.

So, basically, I need these three questions answered:

1. Did I extract the files correctly if they look that way? Or am I missing a step? (I decrypted the ROM using RXtools and then used this tutorial to get the files.)

2. How do I "disable overflow checks" and "force 32 bit?" That's not descriptive enough for me to find the answer using a Google search. Basically, what am I dong wrong; why isn't the program running? I have tried running it in compatability mode for every other version of Windows (7, Vista, XP, etc.) only to have the same problems.

3. If I can get the original program to run, will it be able to read the files? Because Rebirth apparently can't (3rd picture), and I don't know why.

Here is all of the text of the error message when using the orignal Ohana3DS (not Rebirth), if this helps:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

at Ohana3DS.FrmMain.FrmMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at Ohana3DS.FrmMain.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8009 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

Ohana3DS

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///E:/2)%20Downloads/Ohana3DS/Ohana3DS.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.8007 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8015 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8007 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8012 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I have tried to search this as well but with a bunch of varied results that don't seem to quite match the problem. Recommendations?

I don't know what you mean by Main User Interface either. Unless you're talking about the bottom screen in the main game or something, but I don't know about that either. Just keep looking and I'm sure you'll find anything eventually. However, any ideas with the problem I have listed above? I've read through the tutorials and I don't know what I could be missing. Unless I'm misunderstanding something. Help would be much appreciated since I've already made it this far.

Edited by JohnTravolski

Is there anyway to fix the running issue? Like when model swapping the character just glides xD

Or is there a way to add verts and such on my character? says i have to have the same amount but just wondering if there is a way around that?

After using Ohana3DS to edit a 3D model, I tested it out on my 3DS. But the model on the 3DS was rendered completely wrong - it was completely garbled. I would post an image here... but I forgot to take a photo when I tested it...

I edited the model in blender. Is it possible that I didn't export it properly from blender? What other 3D editors are sure to work? Will editing the model too much cause such errors?

Thanks! :)

Edit:

https://a.pomf.cat/becqot.jpg

After using Ohana3DS to edit a 3D model, I tested it out on my 3DS. But the model on the 3DS was rendered completely wrong - it was completely garbled. I would post an image here... but I forgot to take a photo when I tested it...

I edited the model in blender. Is it possible that I didn't export it properly from blender? What other 3D editors are sure to work? Will editing the model too much cause such errors?

Thanks! :)

Edit:

https://a.pomf.cat/becqot.jpg

I believe you have to work within the confines of the original model, otherwise it will appear garbled like yours did. It's why the only custom models people have made so far (Wallace, Red, Ash, Blue etc) are basically just edits of existing overworld/in-battle models. What kind of changes did you make? When you start to change the height, add custom clothing etc, it starts to get a bit messy. Yours isn't as bad as one of my attempts!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12433[/ATTACH]

One question, is it possible to replace one pokémon by another ?

I'm trying to "create" a new Mega Evolution, so my basic Idea is to replace Land Form Shymin for "Arcanine" and Sky Form Shymin for "Mega-Arcanine"... But when I replace shaymin files for arcanine files I cannot even see any pokémon in my game and then my 3ds crashes...

Thx in advance.

I believe you have to work within the confines of the original model, otherwise it will appear garbled like yours did. It's why the only custom models people have made so far (Wallace, Red, Ash, Blue etc) are basically just edits of existing overworld/in-battle models. What kind of changes did you make? When you start to change the height, add custom clothing etc, it starts to get a bit messy. Yours isn't as bad as one of my attempts!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12433[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the info! Yeah I made quite a lot of changes. I would be nice to know what the boundary is for the 3D model.

I couldn't see your attachment. :(

Is it possible to run a model modded Pokemon ORAS.cia through rxTools?

I use pastaCFW to play .cia files.

Hmm, I can't get the Ohana3DS program to run. I read all of the things in the original post, but I have DirectX 11, and Net 3.5 installed. However, I'm not sure how to run Ohana3DS as "32 bit" or "disable overflow checks." The error I'm getting can be seen here.

XJBJl2D.png

When I click quit, the program stops. When I click continue, I get this:

z5socW7.png

Every single time I click continue after that, the same error comes up and I can't do anything else in the program. So, since this didn't work, I tried the OhanaRebirth program, and it opens and works fine. However, I can't use it on any of the files I extracted from the game. Notice here:

qQBc5M2.png

As you can see, even though the program opens up fine, it doesn't find any of the files that I got out of the game (the File Explorer on the left is the one opened from OhanaRebirth and is the one searching for the files to open). Did I do something wrong when I extracted the files? Should they have extensions or something? They all just say "File" and apparently have no extension.

So, basically, I need these three questions answered:

1. Did I extract the files correctly if they look that way? Or am I missing a step? (I decrypted the ROM using RXtools and then used this tutorial to get the files.)

2. How do I "disable overflow checks" and "force 32 bit?" That's not descriptive enough for me to find the answer using a Google search. Basically, what am I dong wrong; why isn't the program running? I have tried running it in compatability mode for every other version of Windows (7, Vista, XP, etc.) only to have the same problems.

3. If I can get the original program to run, will it be able to read the files? Because Rebirth apparently can't (3rd picture), and I don't know why.

Here is all of the text of the error message when using the orignal Ohana3DS (not Rebirth), if this helps:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

at Ohana3DS.FrmMain.FrmMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at Ohana3DS.FrmMain.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

Ohana3DS

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///E:/2)%20Downloads/Ohana3DS/Ohana3DS.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.8007 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8007 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8012 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I have tried to search this as well but with a bunch of varied results that don't seem to quite match the problem. Recommendations?

Do you have DirectX installed?

What operating system are you using?

I have tested Ohana3DS working on Windows 8.1 64bit with all updates installed - nothing special done.

I'm using Windows 8.1, and according to everywhere I look, DirectX is installed with Windows update, so I'm assuming that it is indeed installed on here. I'm not completely sure how to check, though. On the other hand, Windows Update does have 12 "Optional" updates available, so I'll try installing those.

Edit: I am on 64 bit as well, and installing all of the newest updates did not do anything. I'm probably just missing something simple, but I don't know what.

Also, since the OhanaRebirth program runs just fine on this computer, why can't it open anything?

Does anyone know where the lava/water effects for the title screen are? I've changed pretty much everything in a/1/5/2 that I think it could be and nothing so far! I'm guessing they're somewhere else. I'm trying to change the background textures green.

2prvkoy.jpg

A few things.

For those who are getting the Direct X error on Ohana3ds (not rebirth) but your DirectX is 10+ and .NET is 3.5+ my friends and I have had success installing this:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

We're using different versions of Windows 7 64-bit but I believe it also works for Windows 8.

That's a darn good Captain America Pikachu, Timeboy!

Sharing this over from Kaphotics at GBAtemp.net

This is the location of various resources within the 'a' folder for Pokemon X/Y

http://pastebin.com/QNCz7Avh

Do we have something like this for ORAS yet?

I found this from Kaphotics, but it's still missing quite a bit I think. http://pastebin.com/4bg3q6FL

Also has anyone had luck identifying the bones/riggings or animation files and extracting them?

Also has anyone had luck identifying the bones/riggings or animation files and extracting them?

I have the exact same question.

..seams someone got DS model animation data structure:

I hope it could be possible soon also for .bch models.

OK, well, I got a modded ORAS .cia to work. I'm trying to mod the models. I decrypted the ROM, opened up the right games files on Ohana3DS (the a/3/1/1 stuff), but I'm confused as to how to correctly change the models. Whenever I try to save over the model I'm modding, it says the compressed size is ???. Could someone guide me in the right direction as to how to correctly save the mods? I think I can manage rebuilding the ROM since there are tutorials for it. However, I haven't found a tutorial on how to mod the models on Ohana3DS. The tutorial for models listed in the OP has a placeholder message with nothing else on there.

OK, well, I got a modded ORAS .cia to work. I'm trying to mod the models. I decrypted the ROM, opened up the right games files on Ohana3DS (the a/3/1/1 stuff), but I'm confused as to how to correctly change the models. Whenever I try to save over the model I'm modding, it says the compressed size is ???. Could someone guide me in the right direction as to how to correctly save the mods? I think I can manage rebuilding the ROM since there are tutorials for it. However, I haven't found a tutorial on how to mod the models on Ohana3DS. The tutorial for models listed in the OP has a placeholder message with nothing else on there.

there is no a311