Ohana3DS (BCH Tool) [Deprecated]

Not sure if this has been reported yet, but I'm having trouble importing Lopunny and mega Loppuny's ear textures. Ohana3ds crashes the moment I import them, or the moment they get loaded when selecting 'import all'.

Could someone please check if this is a bug in the program or just my client? I've had no problem importing/exporting other textures so far.

@Reisyukaku I had a problem with Muk. (Model File: 931, Texture file: 933 and 934)

When I load the texture, Ohana3DS show this to me

B-S84wvIUAArxEP.png:large

There its a problem If I modify the texture in Photoshop, and import it? In theory, the 3DS gonna load it good, right?

should be fine if you're just editing.. this is just a rendering issue.

Can someone explain me why Ohana3DS stops working when i import my custom texture.

you making sure its the right res?

So I've got a bunch of BCH files from Pokemon Shuffle. Tried to open them with Ohana3DS but it doesn't show anything though it does say vertices and stuff loaded.

g9rLK.pngp

Exported it to SMD files too and somehow got really large numbers in there and... NaNs? http://puu.sh/g9rNJ.png (Blender can't open them too.)

Any help with this? Are they not supported (yet)?

[...]

Any help with this? Are they not supported (yet)?

BCH is one of the worst formats i've ever seen, so i'm still surprised we got anything working, lol.. so yea, theres still some hacky things we do to load models and we only know like 80% of the format, so this kind of think is bound to happen.. I'll try to look into it

I edited Venusaur & Onix's textures in Omega Ruby but when I rebuilt it, I get stuck on the 3DS logo. Any idea why? Could it be because I used an .rsf file for Pokémon X?

a way to troubleshoot it would be rebuild an unedited copy of Omega Ruby and see if it runs.

Not sure if this is the right place to post something like this, but I figured I'd release this here since it might be enjoyed.

[video=youtube;C2eUwbrNb4k]

Should be able to replace all May models properly. The contest one is just a palette swap, but I wasn't really interested in changing up that model when I realistically believe it would be used that often.

Download Here

Is there any listing of where specific texture sets are? I would probably update this with 2d Art changes if I knew where to look for what needs to be changed.

Edit: And on a side note, I really ought to mention that its very cool seeing all of the work that's been put into Ohana. Its a pretty awesome program to be able to use for this and the work put into it really shows.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if it's been addressed before, but I've caught the obj exporter formatting numbers with commas (i.e. 1,3984.398 instead of 13984.398) which breaks any 3d software I've tried to throw the exported model at, so I'm guessing that's not intended. It's easily fixed by removing commas with a text editor, and it only affects really large models (0,7 and 8 in sootpolis central, for example).

Maybe a n00bish question' date=' but Google won't help me... How do I disable overflow checks? Since I finally got something to work with and most tuts are way to long in comparison to yours.[/quote']

Its in the project settings.. right click the project and go to properties.. its in there somewhere

Not sure if it's been addressed before, but I've caught the obj exporter formatting numbers with commas (i.e. 1,3984.398 instead of 13984.398) which breaks any 3d software I've tried to throw the exported model at, so I'm guessing that's not intended. It's easily fixed by removing commas with a text editor, and it only affects really large models (0,7 and 8 in sootpolis central, for example).

Ehh? the obj? Works perfectly fine in C4D :\

Its in the project settings.. right click the project and go to properties.. its in there somewhere:\

Well, you may use another version, since I can right-click the project, but there ain't no properties. I use Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows Desktop...