Ohana3DS (BCH Tool) [Deprecated]

Thank you for the quick reply. To my understanding I now realized i wont be able to do such projects since my 3DS is not in a compatible version where I could use Gateway. I would use Sky3DS but Gateway supports much more things than Sky3DS does. Also, I now understand where to locate and replace files thanks to your response. But in addition to that, what I need is an explanation, or dare I say, tutorial, from start to finish explaining how to do mostly everything. So far, my understanding are miniscule compared to all of you in this thread/forum. To not ask you such a complex task, if you wish to help that is, then all I ask is to be pointed to the right direction. Where to begin, start and understand EVERYTHING that's going on.

Also, another question, could I add the mod mentioned before to my retail game of Pokemon OR with the use of gateway?

Thanks again for the help. And congrats on the amazing work that you've been doing and nonetheless, uploading it without asking much in return. So for that, thank you.

Edited by X01Nightmare

Thank you for the quick reply. To my understanding I now realized i wont be able to do such projects since my 3DS is not in a compatible version where I could use Gateway. I would use Sky3DS but Gateway supports much more things than Sky3DS does. Also, I now understand where to locate and replace files thanks to your response. But in addition to that, what I need is an explanation, or dare I say, tutorial, from start to finish explaining how to do mostly everything. So far, my understanding are miniscule compared to all of you in this thread/forum. To not ask you such a complex task, if you wish to help that is, then all I ask is to be pointed to the right direction. Where to begin, start and understand EVERYTHING that's going on.

Also, another question, could I add the mod mentioned before to my retail game of Pokemon OR with the use of gateway?

Thanks again for the help. And congrats on the amazing work that you've been doing and nonetheless, uploading it without asking much in return. So for that, thank you.

lol. Well I could write a novel on just the CCI/3DS format, so its really hard to explain things such that it makes sense and doesnt look like a wall of text. My best advice would be to look around for tutorials on gbatemp or something.. but in short, you need to decrypt your rom (so you need a 3DS with ARM9 userland capabilies.. i.e gateway or CFW), and then you have to dump the romfs and dig through that.. that's were all the resources for the game are kept. Pokemon game romfs' are comprised of GARC files which are just compressed file containers.. you want to decompress the one in the a/1/3/ directory.. file 3 to be exact.. and thats where the trainer models are. do the reverse steps to built the romfs again and whatnot

lol. Well I could write a novel on just the CCI/3DS format, so its really hard to explain things such that it makes sense and doesnt look like a wall of text. My best advice would be to look around for tutorials on gbatemp or something.. but in short, you need to decrypt your rom (so you need a 3DS with ARM9 userland capabilies.. i.e gateway or CFW), and then you have to dump the romfs and dig through that.. that's were all the resources for the game are kept. Pokemon game romfs' are comprised of GARC files which are just compressed file containers.. you want to decompress the one in the a/1/3/ directory.. file 3 to be exact.. and thats where the trainer models are. do the reverse steps to built the romfs again and whatnot

Thanks again for the reply and for the help. Truly appreciate it.

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with it. But Avast just doesn't like you for some reason. :P

It doesn't pop up an alart. It just auto deletes it if I try to extract it from the rar/zip file. (forget which you packed it in. :P ). Avast is annoying like that sometimes. :(

Hmm, well i dont use avast and i havent the slightest idea in the world what could be causing that but you could try compiling from source or messing with avast' settings :T

Well that sucks, I guess it's time to use OW Shelly and 3D Zinnia :(

What number is the May file? and do I just switch the names of Shelly and May OW and it'll change the models or something more complex?

Just swapping the names is how i did it.. also check around 315 and 171. there should be 2 models of may.. both with diving stuff on.. those are your normal OW models (the mask is just there because its part of the model that only renders when under water..)

Sure, just remember to give credit if used in vid or something =)

http://reisyukaku.org/prog/#May

Sure. You want to give you credits to your twitter, youtube channel or both?

Edited: I rebuilt my rom into a 3ds file, but when I try play it, I get a infinite 3ds logo load loop :S If I update my game to 1.2 I can play it, but some changes like BustMay doesnt work. You know what can be the problem?

Edited2: Ok, I rebuilt it again because I forgot change out.bin to romfs.bin and the MakeRom take an old romfs.bin, I had the May Model changed, but I dont know why I need uptade to 1.2

Edited by AlejaKaiser

Sure. You want to give you credits to your twitter, youtube channel or both?

Edited: I rebuilt my rom into a 3ds file, but when I try play it, I get a infinite 3ds logo load loop :S If I update my game to 1.2 I can play it, but some changes like BustMay doesnt work. You know what can be the problem?

Edited2: Ok, I rebuilt it again because I forgot change out.bin to romfs.bin and the MakeRom take an old romfs.bin, I had the May Model changed, but I dont know why I need uptade to 1.2

both i guess

Also just skip the update stuff or edit exheader (byte 0xE is 3, make if FF)