Ohana3DS (BCH Tool) [Deprecated]

I've been co-writing the BCH viewer/exporter/modifier known as Ohana3DS (originally created by gdkchan)

I thought you guys would find this very useful so here it is

Screenshots:

Z3cZNLR.png

DW4EAaE.jpg

O2d3ufP.png

Features:

- Loads just about any BCH you throw at it (maps, pokemon, OW models, in-battle models, some BCH models from other games, etc)

- Exports models to SMD (source model)

- Loads textures from BCH

- Import/Export Textures to allow BCH texture editing

- Import/Export OBJ to allow BCH model editing(beta feature; gotta keep the same amount of verts)

- Can view map tile properties (thanks Kaphotics for providing code for that idea)

- Left and right arrow keys to load other models in the same folder as the loaded model

- Drag and drop to load files

- Unpack garcs and much more

Controls:

- Left click = rotate

- Right click = pan

- Mouse scroll = zoom

- Ctrl = finer zoom speed

- F9 = Toggle Lighting

- C = Change background render color

Future Plans:

- Finish BCH research

Romfs Locs:

OW models = a/0/2/1

In-Battle models = a/1/3/3

Map models = a/0/3/9

Map Textures = a/0/1/4

Map tex reference sheet: http://pastebin.com/E0NQgGhL

Other:

Github: https://github.com/gdkchan/OhanaXY

FAQ:

Q - Why do I get some weird exception/overflow on the latest push?

A - force 32bit and disable overflow checks (yay VB)

Q - Why does the exe crash/not work on my computer?

A - Make sure you have .Net 3.5 or higher and latest Direct X installed

Tutorials:

http://reisyukaku.org/prog/ohana.html

Enjoy~

Update: The current Ohana is becoming depricated and will be replaced by 'Ohana-Rebirth'. This new program was written from scratch (in C# this time), optimized and will have ton of more features. It's still in the beta phase, but i'll update a compiled one here every so often for those curious to try it out.

Ohana3DS Rebirth.zip

Ohana3DS Rebirth.zip

Edited by Reisyukaku
Update
  • Like 1
  • V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

Update: (2/14/2015)

- Quick texture fix

Update: (1/31/2015)

- Render color options

Update: (1/15/2015)

- Rom decryption features added

- projection_dummy work arounds

- CGFX texture support

- tons of small fixes

Small update: (12/20/2014)

- new splash screen

- better ETC1 compressor

- added import all on texture tab to import all edited images to the BCH

- some progress on map properties editor

- bunch of small fixes etc

Another update: (12/21/2014)

- Finished map properties editor

- Graphical enhancements

- tons of small performance fixes

Edited by Reisyukaku
  • Hahaha 1

And in the future I will be able to import my Toothless model(.obj) over Salamence ?

You might be able to do that now.. just make sure you dont delete verts and faces..

Also I guess I should put this here:

ycFUJFh.png

and the outcome:

Theres 2 modes, view and edit.. it starts in view mode where you can click a tile and see the property, and when you hit edit, you can click on blocks to change their property with whatever you have selected in the dropdown. Save to write to the map file, and thats it. (still need to document all the properties though, so i have Hex placeholders for now.)

You might be able to do that now.. just make sure you dont delete verts and faces..

Also I guess I should put this here:

ycFUJFh.png

and the outcome:

Theres 2 modes, view and edit.. it starts in view mode where you can click a tile and see the property, and when you hit edit, you can click on blocks to change their property with whatever you have selected in the dropdown. Save to write to the map file, and thats it. (still need to document all the properties though, so i have Hex placeholders for now.)

With that editor. I might be able to edit Flygons 3D model and create his mega form and mega stone

So my model must have the same amount of verts and faces?And must I ridge bones?

yes, for now you have to have the same number, or lower..

also no, bones arent exported or edited in any way when editing model data.. it only exports verts and faces in the form of an OBJ

• 2 weeks later...
How do you decrypt your 3ds rom,Asia81?

What you need:

A 3DS firmware 4.3-4.5 iirc

A ROP loader

The ROM

And a decryptor (google: VOiD Decryptor)

EDIT: I forgot to say that this tool is sooooo nice. Not that I can mod the ROM , but I use it now in combination with Blender to refresh my skills for when I can extract the ROM.

Regards Reisyukaku. I am a new user who has been following your progress with the scene . I just registered to ask for help. I am trying to insert your custom model in my pokemon ORAS rom but the resulting file.3ds not load on my console. It remains loading 3ds logo . Might you please help me to know what I did wrong ? Thanks in advance , I am one of those who is waiting for your Romeditor:biggrin:

Regards Reisyukaku. I am a new user who has been following your progress with the scene . I just registered to ask for help. I am trying to insert your custom model in my pokemon ORAS rom but the resulting file.3ds not load on my console. It remains loading 3ds logo . Might you please help me to know what I did wrong ? Thanks in advance , I am one of those who is waiting for your Romeditor:biggrin:

The problem with custom models right now is that we dont know enough about BCH to write our own, so the 2 biggest issues are bone data binding and vertex table lengths. when you insert a custom model, the bones will try to bind to the IDs of verts that are probably not in the same place as the original model.. the next problem is that without knowing vertex table lengths, we cant write more tables, so we're stuck editing exiting ones, which puts a limit on how many verts/faces you can have.. so my best advice is to just modify vert positions until we figure this out. =)

Mega oO ?

But i don't know where are texture... i have only map model in this garc, right ?

i listed it in the OP. maps are 0-3-9 and textures are 0-1-4.. theres a pastebin there to find the corresponding tex's

The problem with custom models right now is that we dont know enough about BCH to write our own, so the 2 biggest issues are bone data binding and vertex table lengths. when you insert a custom model, the bones will try to bind to the IDs of verts that are probably not in the same place as the original model.. the next problem is that without knowing vertex table lengths, we cant write more tables, so we're stuck editing exiting ones, which puts a limit on how many verts/faces you can have.. so my best advice is to just modify vert positions until we figure this out. =)

I managed to run the rom but only in my console :confused:. When i try in my friends 3ds it stays loading, very rare. Other question: Could you share "trainer overworld" model too?

Thank you and sorry for my bad english :bidoof:

Since I can´t test this tool cause Gateway didnt released the 9.2 support yet I have to ask 2 questions:

1.I plan to insert all Maps from Pokemon Platinum to my Pokemon Omega Ruby.Can I change the bindings of the single maps to match that ones form Pokemon Platinum?

2.Where is the Model of Mega Latios that flys with eon flute located in the rom?