PKHeX Legacy Discussion

Just heard Gateway supports 9.2 FW, going to buy one now xD I wasted £200 on a JP 3DS and Cyber already,I've always liked the idea of having games on the 3DS all the time (the .cia ones) so glad someone made that de/reencrypter for the save files

My Gateway just came in the mail today, so now it's a case of waiting for the 9.2 support to come. Pretty eager to try PKHex out.

Is KEYSAV2 necessary anywhere in the process? I've been going through the thread and trying to get all the files I need ready before the new GateWay support comes out and it's the only real question I have left. It seems to me that you could use savedatafiler to export your save data, edit it with PKHeX, and then put it back where you found it. Is there a step that I'm missing? Because posts are saying that KEYSAV2 is necessary somewhere along the line.

Short answer: No.

KeySAV2 is for reading data from saves and battle videos. It cannot edit data because it brute-forces decryption and cannot re-encrypt anything; data goes from game to KeySAV2, and that's it. It's really just for ESV and IV checking; it doesn't (can't) write anything back to the save file. It's useful for those of us that don't have any extra hardware other than just a stock fully-updated 3DS and 6th gen Pokemon game.

Also, a suggestion. OP should edit the OP to add FAQs. Also, the firmware compatibilities on the OP need to be updated. Gateway firmware works on 3DS firmware up to 9.2 now, right? And then there is also the newer Flash card, Sky3DS. That, according to its site, already supports the latest 3DS firmwares.

Edit: The tutorial video on the OP is for using Cyber Editor, but since Cyber Editor is currently Japan only, I think more players need help knowing how to use the rom+flashcard methods. Which leads me to another question. How does Datel work with encrypted saves?

When I create a new save file for X/Y/OR/AS on a Gateway card, will that save file be encrypted or decrypted? I hope this is the last thing I need to know before I buy a Gateway card...

Edit: I just found out about the Sky3DS Flashcard. Is it better than Gateway?

Sky3ds is region locked and only has 10 roms max per card. So Gateway with its region spoofing and all is probably still your best bet.

According to Sky3DS' website, their newest batches no longer have the 10 ROM limit, and they already support 3DS firmware 9.4.0-21.

http://www.usahotstuff.com/39-3ds-9x-hacked-sky3ds-support-to-play-any-3ds-games-roms-on-any-versions-of-3ds3dsxl2dsthe-new-3ds.html

Seems like Sky3DS is the new champion?(for now)

When they get Region Free, Yes. Until then they can tryhard.

When I create a new save file for X/Y/OR/AS on a Gateway card, will that save file be encrypted or decrypted? I hope this is the last thing I need to know before I buy a Gateway card...

It's my understanding that Gateway can fully decrypt saves, and that's how PkHex can do anything with them.

Which leads me to another question. How does Datel work with encrypted saves?

It's likely they've only figured out how to re-encrypt stuff that they need to decrypt to do the things PowerSaves does. So while the save file we see is encrypted, the program decrypts the file, applies the code, then re-encrypts the file without the user knowing. Otherwise, if the program decrypted the save completely, users would think they could do whatever they want with PkHex and then have PowerSaves re-encrypt the save for actual use, which it can't (yet).

To what should I pay attention to, to make it look "legal" "trustworthy"?

Can you get banned for this when using online and in contests? And if so, is it likely to happen?

Or only if put in unrealistic information that that pokemon shouldn't have? if it contains good information it "SHOULD" be safe? No promises ofcourse

I made a charmander with 31 IV's and 510 EV's level 1.

Shouldn't it have more stats then 5-6-7-6-7 at level 1 then? Shouldn't it have 31 IV's?

Or do they iv's grow overtime relatively? Did I mess something up?

How to make it look realisticly like u got this pokemon breeded from an egg with perfect IV's?

Is setting the location in this important? like Met location met date, met level, egg met conditions, egg date.

I have not noticed things like father or mother in this program, or any abilities that may have passed down..?

for my charmander I said I got it from an egg lv 1 , with scratch, growl, shiny and with perfect IV/EV's.

To what should I pay attention to, to make it look "legal" "trustworthy"?

Can you get banned for this when using online and in contests? And if so, is it likely to happen?

Or only if put in unrealistic information that that pokemon shouldn't have? if it contains good information it "SHOULD" be safe? No promises ofcourse

I made a charmander with 31 IV's and 510 EV's level 1.

Shouldn't it have more stats then 5-6-7-6-7 at level 1 then? Shouldn't it have 31 IV's?

Or do they iv's grow overtime relatively? Did I mess something up?

How to make it look realisticly like u got this pokemon breeded from an egg with perfect IV's?

Is setting the location in this important? like Met location met date, met level, egg met conditions, egg date.

I have not noticed things like father or mother in this program, or any abilities that may have passed down..?

for my charmander I said I got it from an egg lv 1 , with scratch, growl, shiny and with perfect IV/EV's.

As a general rule, this post is not the place to ask "How can I hack a Pokemon and make it look legal?". This is about the program PKHeX and how to troubleshoot problems that may arise with the program and for the OP to post updates.

I will answer some of your questions really quickly and refer you to info to help answer the rest.

1. Can I get banned from contests if I use a hacked Pokemon? Yes. Most contests take this seriously. If they catch you, then it is a automatic ban. Some do it even if they catch a hacked Pokemon that you didn't even generate (ex. being traded a hacked Pokemon from a friend, etc.)

2. Will you get banned from online, Nintendo sponsored contests? I haven't heard about them enforcing that, but they could certainly try to find a way to do so if they wanted to.

3. How do I make it look legal, etc, etc, etc? There are dozens of tutorials on this across the web. PKHeX is for all intents and purposes the successor the Pokegen. Just go to Google or your favorite search engine and search for Pokegen tutorial on how to generate a "legal" Pokemon. I just did that and got good hits (vids and written tutorials) on how to do it.

As a general rule, this post is not the place to ask "How can I hack a Pokemon and make it look legal?". This is about the program PKHeX and how to troubleshoot problems that may arise with the program and for the OP to post updates.

I will answer some of your questions really quickly and refer you to info to help answer the rest.

1. Can I get banned from contests if I use a hacked Pokemon? Yes. Most contests take this seriously. If they catch you, then it is a automatic ban. Some do it even if they catch a hacked Pokemon that you didn't even generate (ex. being traded a hacked Pokemon from a friend, etc.)

2. Will you get banned from online, Nintendo sponsored contests? I haven't heard about them enforcing that, but they could certainly try to find a way to do so if they wanted to.

3. How do I make it look legal, etc, etc, etc? There are dozens of tutorials on this across the web. PKHeX is for all intents and purposes the successor the Pokegen. Just go to Google or your favorite search engine and search for Pokegen tutorial on how to generate a "legal" Pokemon. I just did that and got good hits (vids and written tutorials) on how to do it.

1+2. so the method isn't fool proof, or only if u made non normal adjustments? Is it catchable when using "normal" values. They shouldnt be able to see difference?

Also for wifi battles it is generally considered "safe"? so not talking about tournaments but regular play.

3. cool ill try that

4. still my questions of the IV's of charmander lv 1 I have. if 31 perfec iv's . shouldnt it have 31 iv's at level 1? just making sure it is intended not PKhex bug or something.

Refer you to info? what info, not sure what you mean here.

But thanks ill google for those tuts right away.

1+2. so the method isn't fool proof, or only if u made non normal adjustments? Is it catchable when using "normal" values. They shouldnt be able to see difference?

Also for wifi battles it is generally considered "safe"? so not talking about tournaments but regular play.

3. cool ill try that

4. still my questions of the IV's of charmander lv 1 I have. if 31 perfec iv's . shouldnt it have 31 iv's at level 1? just making sure it is intended not PKhex bug or something.

Refer you to info? what info, not sure what you mean here.

But thanks ill google for those tuts right away.

The info referral was the fact that I referred you to go to Google and giving you the search parameters to go look for.

If you do it correctly, nobody should be able to tell the difference between a hacked Pokemon and one caught in the game. The key term being "if you do it correctly." People think that just because the Nintendo hack checks don't catch it means that they did it correctly. That is incorrect.

I believe that you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the IV system. Just because you set an IV to 31 doesn't mean that a Pokemon at level one will have an HP or ATK stat of 31. Here are some more further readings for you.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Individual_values#Generation_VI

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Effort_values

The info referral was the fact that I referred you to go to Google and giving you the search parameters to go look for.

If you do it correctly, nobody should be able to tell the difference between a hacked Pokemon and one caught in the game. The key term being "if you do it correctly." People think that just because the Nintendo hack checks don't catch it means that they did it correctly. That is incorrect.

I believe that you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the IV system. Just because you set an IV to 31 doesn't mean that a Pokemon at level one will have an HP or ATK stat of 31. Here are some more further readings for you.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Individual_values#Generation_VI

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Effort_values

Thanks I found the information. I guess "the right way" is according to this:

But it doesn't talk about parents or passed down abillities/moves? im not familiair with this gen pokemon, but that's what I heard that something like that is possible. And how this would relate to making "legal" breeding pokemon?

2 Final questions I have are:

The encounter button is greyed out in PKHeX, in Pokegen it is clickable in the video...

At the attack tab it says Relearn moves None etc. Should I use these? and are they of importance for creating "legal" pokemon?

I heared someone talk about the importance of it, but I forgot the link where I read it...

12/16/14 - New Update:

- Added: Hall of Fame Editor. Thank you SciresM for the implementation!

- Added: Country / Region text for all languages. Thank you Slashmolder for the raw data!

- Added: Ingame Font characters. To manually enter them, right click the Nickname label. Thank you mapaler (枫谷剑仙)!

- Changed: Replaced the Quick-Dragouts for exporting with an overall 'tabs' sprite. Functionality is the same; for encrypted export hold Control.

- Changed: A few O-Power labels for X/Y. Thank you RainThunder!

- Changed: Renamed the "Battled" label to accurately reflect that it is for the DexNav level.

- Internal: Tons of code reorganization, might be a little faster/lighter.

- Removed: Box I/O as nobody really should use it now that Box Dump/Load is more than sufficient.

- Improved: Box Report now is more verbose in terms of Locations and sprites. Can also sort (slow) by clicking the column header, and upon exit you can save a .csv table.

- Improved: Message popups should be much more appealing.

- Fixed various bugs for drag&drop.

- Fixed: Secret Base flags should now edit properly (two values). Thanks SciresM!

- Added: Editing the Vivillon Form that you encounter in-game via the Trainer Editor. Thank you mapaler (枫谷剑仙)!

As a reminder, if interface translation files are placed in the same folder as the .exe, they will load instead of the pre-installed when a form translation is prompted.

The current lang_en.txt can be accessed here. Languages: en/ja/fr/it/de/es/ko/zh