PKHeX Legacy Discussion

(assuming that the upcoming 9.0-9.2 support from gateway works)

1. Get new gateway card

2. get ROM for X/Y/OR/AS (please purchase at least one copy of the game before you *acquire* this)

3. use PKHeX to put whatever you want on that copy of pokemon, which you can play like a retail copy on your 3DS

4. Play like normal, or trade them to your retail copy

5) If You dump your ROM and change its extension from .3ds to .3dz you can play online (In emunand) and use it with pokebank :D Fixed^

Yes, you Can. You can use the rom with the bank only if it is .3dz (If You DUMP your original ROM you can also play online in emunand).

Ok, so I have acquired the ROMs for both OR and AS. I own retail cards of X and OR. The ROMs have the .3DS extension. If I change those extensions to .3DZ, will I be able to connect those ROMs to the Bank?

oooh completely forgot about emunand! :bidoof: Never tried it myself but after looking it up it seems pretty easy to do. That will make things a lot easier.

Dude. TiniVi's Youtube vid is interesting. Because he inputted some hex data when Mega ROM hacking. Gateway/MT cart and if for example. I wanted to edit a Pokémon file from PKHeX. Level hack that specific poke above 100. I'd just have to use HxD

While most of PKHeX has worked perfectly for me, I can't get the Secret Base Flag Counter modifier to work. I typed in the quantity "1000" , but when I went into the game, I still had the same number of flags. I checked the file again in PKHeX, and it said "1000". I even went back into the game and collected a flag, and then checked the file in PKHeX, and it said "1001", while in-game I still only had one more flag than I had before editing.

While this is not in any way a "game-breaking" problem (like, say, all my Pokémon turning into Bad Eggs or something), it is still annoying. Is a fix for this on the way?

EDIT: If it makes any difference, I'm using a JP Cart and Cyber Save Editor, as opposed to a ROM and Gateway.

Edited by BJT
Forgot a possibly important detail

Half of the people here and on GBA Temp are saying that 9x firmware plus Gateway will be or won't be possible for injection from PKHeX. Unless you have 4x

We know that the GW for 9.2 will released soon. We will able to load the file .cia so we can install savedatafiler but we don't know if this program will work for 9.2 :D

We know that the GW for 9.2 will released soon. We will able to load the file .cia so we can install savedatafiler but we don't know if this program will work for 9.2 :D

This program will always be compatible with SaveDataFiler outputs. SDF is a (de/en)crypter with resigning capability, so as long as the 3DS can read the saves on the cart normally it will work.

In other news, I've added support for the ingame font characters as well as many other improvements for the next release. SciresM also added Hall of Fame editing (was previously view only). Still have a few things left to do beforehand ~ finally got the list of subregions and countries for all languages!

Is KEYSAV2 necessary anywhere in the process? I've been going through the thread and trying to get all the files I need ready before the new GateWay support comes out and it's the only real question I have left. It seems to me that you could use savedatafiler to export your save data, edit it with PKHeX, and then put it back where you found it. Is there a step that I'm missing? Because posts are saying that KEYSAV2 is necessary somewhere along the line.

When I create a new save file for X/Y/OR/AS on a Gateway card, will that save file be encrypted or decrypted? I hope this is the last thing I need to know before I buy a Gateway card...

Edit: I just found out about the Sky3DS Flashcard. Is it better than Gateway?

Edited by goldensun87

Hey guys

I wanted to create a Latias with Defog to send to my brother, but the trading always fails.

I'm pretty consistent creating everything else, so I'm almost sure it's related to the move being gen 4 and editing the pokemon origin in PKhex to match it so it assumes it's legit.

Any tips on this?

thank you SOOO much

I'm not 100% sure which would be the perfect options on the Met tab so Nintendo allows it and I searched everywhere on the forums for similar threads, but none can be found :/

If i should post this on another thread, please forgive my noobness

This program will always be compatible with SaveDataFiler outputs. SDF is a (de/en)crypter with resigning capability, so as long as the 3DS can read the saves on the cart normally it will work.

In other news, I've added support for the ingame font characters as well as many other improvements for the next release. SciresM also added Hall of Fame editing (was previously view only). Still have a few things left to do beforehand ~ finally got the list of subregions and countries for all languages!

Nice Kaphotics :D When will you update the PKHex?