PKHeX Legacy Discussion

It would be pretty nice if this thread were to be set like PokeGen's was: Locked to only the developers for noting updates and such. Separate threads can be used for all this little minor question stuff that isn't needed cluttering the program's thread.

@lvlann: If you want to mass-edit something, you're going to have to do them one at a time. Besides, your idea couldn't work for helping make them 'battle ready', since each Pokemon needs a different stat layout/moveset/etc. As to the ID/SID thing... what would even be the point? If it's Gen VI it's Gen VI. The only thing special about those ID's is to be able to rename the Pokemon, which you already can do in PKHeX.

It would be pretty nice if this thread were to be set like PokeGen's was: Locked to only the developers for noting updates and such. Separate threads can be used for all this little minor question stuff that isn't needed cluttering the program's thread.

I agree. I'm subscribed to the thread to see the information related to PKHeX and Gen VI save editing. It's tiring scanning through loads posts of minor questions, most being answered many times, just to find the important stuff. People treat it like Hacking General.

@Destinyy: You don't understand how it's working. PKHeX is oriented on making Pokemon for and of Gen VI, so it doesn't have the settings to specially generate the restricted PIDs from Gen III-IV. If you use the wrong PID for a Gen III/IV Pokemon, it will still be illegal.

@Animal3D: Then you shouldn't have cheated. It's not perfect, and when you mess with stuff you shouldn't, you suffer. Learn from this?

As to your problem, you gave NO info about it. What did you do that caused it? If you don't know, then you may just have to restart.

@Destinyy: You don't understand how it's working. PKHeX is oriented on making Pokemon for and of Gen VI, so it doesn't have the settings to specially generate the restricted PIDs from Gen III-IV. If you use the wrong PID for a Gen III/IV Pokemon, it will still be illegal.

So... If I use the PKHex to create a torchic born in Hoenn, it will be legal or not? IF a pokemon is transported to sixth gen game, his pid change, right?

So... If I use the PKHex to create a torchic born in Hoenn, it will be legal or not? IF a pokemon is transported to sixth gen game, his pid change, right?

For the last time, please listen. You have been told the answer several times.

1. A legal pokemon is one that has only moves, abilities, IV's, and EV's that can be found on that pokemon naturally in the game. Any legal pokemon that is created by an outside program (either using the gen 6 games or the previous ones) are considered legal by not legitimate. They were not captured in game and raised. This is not a conviction of whether it is right or wrong but this is the generally accepted stance from those who do not get militant about either side of the argument.

2. For the last time, this thread is not about legality, legitimacy, etc. If you continue have questions about these things, please post it on the appropriate board. It gets really annoying trying to sift through all of these off topic posts to find the legitimate ones that actually has something to do with PKHeX.

1. A legal pokemon is one that has only moves, abilities, IV's, and EV's that can be found on that pokemon naturally in the game. Any legal pokemon that is created by an outside program (either using the gen 6 games or the previous ones) are considered legal by not legitimate. They were not captured in game and raised. This is not a conviction of whether it is right or wrong but this is the generally accepted stance from those who do not get militant about either side of the argument.

2. For the last time, this thread is not about legality, legitimacy, etc. If you continue have questions about these things, please post it on the appropriate board. It gets really annoying trying to sift through all of these off topic posts to find the legitimate ones that actually has something to do with PKHeX.

Ok, sorry :D

@Animal3D: Then you shouldn't have cheated. It's not perfect, and when you mess with stuff you shouldn't, you suffer. Learn from this?

As to your problem, you gave NO info about it. What did you do that caused it? If you don't know, then you may just have to restart.

Great explanation.

To add on, always make backups.

like seriously -.-

I've PM'ed him about this too.

Hopefully I'll be holding the Ring Target, as opposed to this beloved thread.

Let's end the off-topic discussion now.

I still haven't been able to solve this issue with PKM files : /

As I've previously mentioned, save as a party pkm before importing past gen stuff. It's currently fixed but not in a posted version. I plan to have a new version out this weekend with a slew of fixes/improvements.

As I've previously mentioned, save as a party pkm before importing past gen stuff. It's currently fixed but not in a posted version. I plan to have a new version out this weekend with a slew of fixes/improvements.

Well whats weird about it is that my friends are using the exact same PKHeX and PKM file, but they dont get the same issue.

I'm assuming it has something to do with the PC?