PKHeX Legacy Discussion

Thanks for the help =) So i got myself BigBlueMenu but I can't find SaveDataFiler/SaveFiler anywhere on the web, all sites I found say "I can't post a link here", "You have to make the SaveDataFiler yourself" or their links are dead.

Is that true ? Do I have to write it myself ? Or does anyone have an idea why the person says "I can't post it?" Something wrong with the program?

It's Nintendo's property so sharing it is illegal, though you can find it on some certain rom sharing websites ;)

To help, mine came in a 12 Dev Tools collection.

For all those who are still asking questions regarding legality, that is unrelated to PKHeX; there are no local hack checks to your game cartridge so you do not have to worry about 'legality'.

As a reminder, ProjectPokemon does not support or encourage cheating; any questions regarding the legality of things you create (for the purpose of bypassing online hack checks) is not allowed.

--

I've fixed the shiny box icon as well as the form sprite issues. I've also added smarter toggling of the forme-gender based Pokemon (Jellicent and Meowstic) which are technically forms dependent sprites instead of gender dependent.

Also added some unicode-character menu item (under Options) so you can use M/F instead of ♂/♀. Some control elements may have to be refreshed before it is visible (such as forme combobox or gender labels).

Still a few more things to fix before the next release, however, current source on GitHub is up to date if you wish to compile an interim version.

For all those who are still asking questions regarding legality, that is unrelated to PKHeX; there are no local hack checks to your game cartridge so you do not have to worry about 'legality'.

As a reminder, ProjectPokemon does not support or encourage cheating; any questions regarding the legality of things you create (for the purpose of bypassing online hack checks) is not allowed.

--

I've fixed the shiny box icon as well as the form sprite issues. I've also added smarter toggling of the forme-gender based Pokemon (Jellicent and Meowstic) which are technically forms dependent sprites instead of gender dependent.

Also added some unicode-character menu item (under Options) so you can use M/F instead of ♂/♀. Some control elements may have to be refreshed before it is visible (such as forme combobox or gender labels).

Still a few more things to fix before the next release, however, current source on GitHub is up to date if you wish to compile an interim version.

hey, is there a way we can mass edit all Pokémon? I want to change the OT, ID, and SID, and IV. so could u pls have mass edit option in your next update???

--

@Kaphotics

Thank you for the update. In the next release, will it be possible to edit and properly save the number of "Battled Pokémon" (of each entry) in the Pokedex editor? It keeps going back to the former value even if I save it, whereas all other changes (shiny, forms/gender met, etc.) can be correctly changed.

Making it possible would have impact in the DexNav "Search Level" or it's recorded as different data whatsoever?

Hello, guys. I'm asking a question u guys could check with this program (which would be very kind, as I currently don't have the money for Cyber Gadget and Japanese XY).

When u transfer a Pokemon from gen. 3 to gen. 4 or from gen. 4 to gen. 5 its "level met at" changes from the original level it was obtained to the level it has when u transfer it. Is this the same case for pokeTransported Pokemon? Or did something special change in this regard.

What do these "relearn moves" stand for? Can u add moves to the official level up moves who then can be thaught ingame for heart scales?

In which way is the PID generated in PK Hex? Does it automatically assign the right PID generation for e. g. transfered Gen 4 Pokemon? or is there a special Generation in gen. 6? Or do you just use the gen. 5 generation?

Much thanks to you guys. :)

Edited by TurtokDerFette

--

Kaphotics what is the Encryption Constant?

What is tied to the PID? The Ivs ? Thank You :D

Kindly reminder Kaphotics explained that discussion on legality is a pain in the a**.

If you create them with the original stats and Sid, it will be legal hack/legit :)

partially right.

(I'm OCDing over the use of the word legit)

legal_legit_chart_v1.gif

Kaphotics what is the Encryption Constant?

What is tied to the PID? The Ivs ? Thank You :D

To my recollection in this gen, only gender and abilities.

not IVs.

This information can be easily sourced out by the way...

Kindly reminder Kaphotics explained that discussion on legality is a pain in the a**.

partially right.

(I'm OCDing over the use of the word legit)

legal_legit_chart_v1.gif

To my recollection in this gen, only gender and abilities.

not IVs.

This information can be easily sourced out by the way...

What does mean "OCDing" ? Anyway I didn't find any information about the "encryption constant"

Ok...guys... this is what it is..

I have 2 3ds..one is English and the Other is Japanese. I want to edit all my English 3ds' Pokemon files so that i can change the english sid and id to my japanese sid and id. also.. i wanted to mass edit specific pokemon to make them battle ready (i do giveaways on facebook).... editing hundreds of files is just too time consuming and takes the fun out of it all. so..

How can I edit the whole box or multiple files to change their id, sid, natures, iv, ev, etc.. please please help.

Ok...guys... this is what it is..

I have 2 3ds..one is English and the Other is Japanese. I want to edit all my English 3ds' Pokemon files so that i can change the english sid and id to my japanese sid and id. also.. i wanted to mass edit specific pokemon to make them battle ready (i do giveaways on facebook).... editing hundreds of files is just too time consuming and takes the fun out of it all. so..

How can I edit the whole box or multiple files to change their id, sid, natures, iv, ev, etc.. please please help.

The only program that I could think of that had that function,

Was pikaedit.

Not sure if there is a pikaedit for gen VI.

One could probably dump all their pokemon,

Write a tool that hex edits and corrects the checksum of pk6 ,

And reinsert those .pk6 oneself..

Great time to pick up a new language ><

Sorry But That's my best input.

Try searching pikaedit

Edit: just saw this.

What does mean "OCDing" ? Anyway I didn't find any information about the "encryption constant"

It's a value that is used to encrypt and decrypt .pk6.

Pokemon are usually encrypted in the save.

For older gens, it used to be the PID that affects the encryption.

(Source, our own wiki:

http://projectpokemon.org/wiki/Pokemon_X/Y_3DS_Structure)

It's 'constant' Cause it doesn't change for the specific critter.

Citation required.

Also used to determine spinda spots, as explained below,

Just a few pages back.

It's the Encryption Constant which determines the Spinda Spots (its appearance) when viewed in the Pokedex.

----

Off topic:

OCD is obsessive compulsive disorder. read it up.

Think of grammar nazis and their need to correct people.

OCDing is a made up word to explain the notion of

Wanting to correct something, in present continuous.

Was pikaedit.

Try searching pikaedit

(Source, our own wiki:

Citation required.

Just a few pages back.

----

Off topic:

pokedit doesnt take gen 6 pokes :(

Was pikaedit.

Try searching pikaedit

(Source, our own wiki:

Citation required.

Just a few pages back.

----

Off topic:

Ok...so I got Pikaedit.. though it edits pokemon..and is similar to pkhex in many ways.. it doesnt mass edit files either :(