PKHeX Legacy Discussion

Why rotom have the same stats in all forms?

What is Encryption Constant?

What is relean moves?

PkHeX go to be compatible with ORAS?

1. Normal has one set of stats, and other forms share same stats.

2. just the key used to encrypt and decrypt the pokemon. (in previous gen, its the checksum)

3. Egg moves are now stored in a separate slot, so that you can reteach those moves, if deleted, rather than rebreed for the move.

4. I don't know, probably. I was told elsewhere that in the demo, the save seems to be similar.

Other question time:

How to get Japanese text to show?

I can see Korean, but not japanese, and that's weird, since I only installed both language packs.

1. Normal has one set of stats, and other forms share same stats.

2. just the key used to encrypt and decrypt the pokemon. (in previous gen, its the checksum)

3. Egg moves are now stored in a separate slot, so that you can reteach those moves, if deleted, rather than rebreed for the move.

4. I don't know, probably. I was told elsewhere that in the demo, the save seems to be similar.

Other question time:

How to get Japanese text to show?

I can see Korean, but not japanese, and that's weird, since I only installed both language packs.

1.But in the PKHeX, the normal form and the other forms, have the same stats

2.I have to change this for each Pokémon?

3.I have put the egg moves in the relearn moves o,o? What if I don't ? It's illegal or what? ... I don't know what is this :/... Why my rotom have this moves in relearn moves when these moves aren't eggmoves?

1d3441cef0925ad5f6c059146b71dde0.png

4.Ok thanks

1.But in the PKHeX, the normal form and the other forms, have the same stats

2.I have to change this for each Pokémon?

3.I have put the egg moves in the relearn moves o,o? What if I don't ? It's illegal or what? ... I don't know what is this :/... Why my rotom have this moves in relearn moves when these moves aren't eggmoves?

4.Ok thanks

1. in that case, the app needs to be updated. anyway the stats will probably be correct in game.

pkhex only use it for visual representation. (i think)

2. no you don't, just use the existing one (I think)

3. if it's hatched, it must have egg moves, whether is it default moves or the ones it inherited.

edit: those are the default egg moves it gets, since it is bred.

1. in that case, the app needs to be updated. anyway the stats will probably be correct in game.

pkhex only use it for visual representation. (i think)

2. no you don't, just use the existing one (I think)

3. if it's hatched, it must have egg moves, whether is it default moves or the ones it inherited.

edit: those are the default egg moves it gets, since it is bred.

Im idiot but i don't know what i have to do with the relearn moves. I create a Pokémon of the Daycare, and now? What i have to do in the relearn moves?

And I have not quite understood what is the Encryption Constant...

And the pid are sucesfully created? I say, the pid created for PKHeX is good?

Im idiot but i don't know what i have to do with the relearn moves. I create a Pokémon of the Daycare, and now? What i have to do in the relearn moves?

And I have not quite understood what is the Encryption Constant...

And the pid are sucesfully created? I say, the pid created for PKHeX is good?

1. Example > Rotom on Bulbapedia. (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Rotom#By_leveling_up)

The moves that are listed as Start are the default egg moves.

(also the ones you showed in the screenshot ;) )

If you scroll down to http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Rotom#By_breeding

you see that it doesn't learn any special egg moves (well, because it breeds with ditto)

2. you don't really need to know that.

3. PIDs are good.

because PID/IV no longer tied.

Pkhex is good. period.

Can ESV of an egg be editted using PKHeX? and although, there is KeySav and I know how to use it, does PKHeX display your or pokemon's TSV?

First of all I'd like to clarify that technically a pokemon never has a TSV since the T = Trainer (TSV = Trainer Shiny Value).

PKHeX does show the ESV of eggs, but I never looked into changing them. Then again, for as far as I know (anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, and if I am please do) there is no need to really. If you would edit the ESV you would have to edit the PID (Pokemon ID). This, in theory, would come down to the exact same as hatching the egg non-shiny then editing the PID to be a shiny PID through PKHeX.

The latter method even saving the entire hassle of that the egg has to be hatched by someone and therefore saving a lot of time in the worst case scenario.

1. Example > Rotom on Bulbapedia. (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Rotom#By_leveling_up)

The moves that are listed as Start are the default egg moves.

(also the ones you showed in the screenshot ;) )

If you scroll down to http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Rotom#By_breeding

you see that it doesn't learn any special egg moves (well, because it breeds with ditto)

2. you don't really need to know that.

3. PIDs are good.

because PID/IV no longer tied.

Pkhex is good. period.

And why the rotom have Astonish, Thunder Wave, Thunder Shock and Confuse Ray, and not Discharge, Charge and Trick?

I change the Encryption Constant for all my Pokemon, this is good?

What can happen if I do not put relearn moves?

And why the rotom have Astonish, Thunder Wave, Thunder Shock and Confuse Ray, and not Discharge, Charge and Trick?

I change the Encryption Constant for all my Pokemon, this is good?

What can happen if I do not put relearn moves?

You know, some questions can probably be answered by the miracles of the internet:

1. "By default, the baby Pokémon will start with any moves that it learns at level 1"

Where do you think I found that statement from?

Hint, you can google that entire exact line

2. Encryption constant.

See, this I do not know how is it generated.

You want to mess with it, by all means, on your own.

3. Relearn moves,

I don't know, banned from online, or wifi gameplay?

Hatched pokemon MUST HAVE RELEARN MOVES.

No matter how basic.

Captured probably doesn't need.

You know, some questions can probably be answered by the miracles of the internet:

1. "By default, the baby Pokémon will start with any moves that it learns at level 1"

Where do you think I found that statement from?

Hint, you can google that entire exact line

2. Encryption constant.

See, this I do not know how is it generated.

You want to mess with it, by all means, on your own.

3. Relearn moves,

I don't know, banned from online, or wifi gameplay?

Hatched pokemon MUST HAVE RELEARN MOVES.

No matter how basic.

Captured probably doesn't need.

How do I check the legality of my Pokemon?

To check legality, trade it online with your second game. Or a friends. Or whatever. If it trades, good, if not, bad.

Or just build it right the first time. If you do the research, it's perfectly obvious what a legal Pokemon will end up, since there are NO kind of things like "secret combos" or whatever. The rules are extremely simple and strict, so as to allow for so many possibilities.

To check legality, trade it online with your second game. Or a friends. Or whatever. If it trades, good, if not, bad.

Or just build it right the first time. If you do the research, it's perfectly obvious what a legal Pokemon will end up, since there are NO kind of things like "secret combos" or whatever. The rules are extremely simple and strict, so as to allow for so many possibilities.

Can't check with the GTS?

First of all I'd like to clarify that technically a pokemon never has a TSV since the T = Trainer (TSV = Trainer Shiny Value).

PKHeX does show the ESV of eggs, but I never looked into changing them. Then again, for as far as I know (anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, and if I am please do) there is no need to really. If you would edit the ESV you would have to edit the PID (Pokemon ID). This, in theory, would come down to the exact same as hatching the egg non-shiny then editing the PID to be a shiny PID through PKHeX.

The latter method even saving the entire hassle of that the egg has to be hatched by someone and therefore saving a lot of time in the worst case scenario.

Actually, I was going to change ESV to match my TSV so that I don't have to trade. But I think the latter method would work too. I haven't thought about it to do it in latter method.

Just because you edit something, doesn't necessarily mean it is RIGHT in the game. Just like how you have to deal with legal checks, in-game has specific set things too. Basically, if you want something you edit to be guaranteed no altered by any in-game check, you can't move it's location or use it at all. (naturally, that's only for things that might change, such as impossibly-set changeable-forms, stats that don't match what they are really, etc.)

Anyways, not all forms apply to everywhere. Just like Pokemon aren't meant to be Mega-evolved anytime outside of battle, certain forms have other restrictions (Arceus needs a Plate, Shaymin can't be in night or in the PC, etc)

That's common knowledge that you really should understand before you start to mess with data you're not meant to mess with in the first place (as well as a lot of other basics, really).

I can trade a Hatched Pokemon without relearn moves :/

I think I've found a problem with PKHeX, I set an ordinary Volcanion, ordinary Xerneas and a shiny Therian Landorus to my game but the Pokédex entrys were shiny Volcanion and Xerneas and shiny Incarnate Landorus oh yeah and the met and hatched locations for eggs are flipped in game

Edited by XerneusGuy

The program act strange everytime I tried to edit an egg. language ruin ,flashy , egg condition for every pokemon. hatch count show instead of Happiness for normal pokemon. check it please

Ah that's a problem with how I refactored the code. I've fixed it; for now you can just press the "Continue" button when the error message comes up. When ORAS comes out (and I add support for the game) the fix will be included.

Eggs don't have a friendship/happiness; they instead use that byte for storing how many step-cycles (n*256) are needed before it hatches.