PKHeX Legacy Discussion

Yo Kaphotics, is a Japanese 3DS fully required for using Pkhex an the CyberSave Editor or can I just Pokémon Bank them from my Japanese Pokémon Y to my English Pokémon Y?

If you can get your hands on a Japanese game that has a save file on it already (i.e. many second hand games), then you can use PKHeX and Pokémon Bank. A Japanese game fresh out the box will not work since the save game part of the data isn't initialised, and there's no way to replicate this without using a Japanese 3DS (by that I mean NTSC-J piece of hardware). Since it's pretty hard (and risky, in case the seller is lying) to get a Japanese copy of the game with a save file still on it, buying the console is what most people have to do.

Also Kaphotics, can I change my 3DS and Pokémon Y to Japanese using the Language Settings and then receive the Pkhex edited Pokémon with the 3DS?

No, the game cart and 3DS's region aren't determined by the language. Changing the language is purely aesthetic and it will not make it Japanese. If the cart is NTSC-J, it'll be accepted by the Cyber Gadget servers (since it's all done server side). If it's a game from any other region, it will fail to write the edited file to the cart. Again, there's no way to trick it. If it's a European cartridge it will always be a European cartridge.

Yo Kaphotics, is a Japanese 3DS fully required for using Pkhex an the CyberSave Editor or can I just Pokémon Bank them from my Japanese Pokémon Y to my English Pokémon Y?

If you read back through the posts you would know this is possible but you need a cart that has obtained the pokedex to do it

Your question has been answered above.

You can buy old ones here for eg(Pokemon Y has lower rate than X)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00B20ANYK/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1415165423&sr=1-1

First check what stores ship internationally(if you are not from US),then select some sellers and ask them if they can save the game before shipping.

I don't know if such a "guide" has posted here before, but for a few days, it's now possible to use PKHeX without the Cyber Gadget Dongle, and therefore it also works on non-japanese 3DS's :grog:

You need:

- A 3DS on Firmware 4.1 - 4.5(this will probably not change in a while)

- a GATEWAY Flashcard(this will probably be obsolete in the future when the Custom Firmware Supports Card2/>FW6.2 Games and is more stable)

Quick instructions:

1. Setup your GATEWAY with EmuNand and update your EmuNand to firmware 9.2.0(this is the newest firmware for now), be careful to NOT update your System Nand, more instructions how to do this you can find with google :creep:

2. Get the file SaveDataFilter.3ds(no links provided here), convert it to a .cia and install it to the homescreen of your EmuNand: http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-put-savedatafiler-on-homescreen.373756/

20141106_224228i3ubn.png

3. Select Pokemon X/Y in GATEWAY and after it popped up in the game slot, start the SaveDataFiler from your homescreen

4. Dump the sava data of CTR Card(Pokemon game) with Y to your SD Card

20141106_224200kvuzh.png

5. Plug the SD Card to your PC and search for a file called "main"(file has no extension), this is now the file you can open and edit with PkHeX

6. After that just write the modified main file to your SD card and import the modified save with SaveDataFiler to your selected Pokemon game in GATEWAY

7. Enjoy

NOTICE: Currently this does NOT work with retail cardridges, because SaveDataFiler does not work in GATEWAY Classic Mode

Video:

[video=youtube;ws_oRkHsvmk]

I don't know if such a "guide" has posted here before, but for a few days, it's now possible to use PKHeX without the Cyber Gadget Dongle, and therefore it also works on non-japanese 3DS's :grog:

You need:

- A 3DS on Firmware 4.1 - 4.5(this will probably not change in a while)

- a GATEWAY Flashcard(this will probably be obsolete in the future when the Custom Firmware Supports Card2/>FW6.2 Games and is more stable)

Quick instructions:

1. Setup your GATEWAY with EmuNand and update your EmuNand to firmware 9.2.0(this is the newest firmware for now), be careful to NOT update your System Nand, more instructions how to do this you can find with google :creep:

2. Get the file SaveDataFilter.3ds(no links provided here), convert it to a .cia and install it to the homescreen of your EmuNand: http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-put-savedatafiler-on-homescreen.373756/

20141106_224228i3ubn.png

3. Select Pokemon X/Y in GATEWAY and after it popped up in the game slot, start the SaveDataFiler from your homescreen

4. Dump the sava data of CTR Card(Pokemon game) with Y to your SD Card

20141106_224200kvuzh.png

5. Plug the SD Card to your PC and search for a file called "main"(file has no extension), this is now the file you can open and edit with PkHeX

6. After that just write the modified main file to your SD card and import the modified save with SaveDataFiler to your selected Pokemon game in GATEWAY

7. Enjoy

NOTICE: Currently this does NOT work with retail cardridges, because SaveDataFiler does not work in GATEWAY Classic Mode

Video:

[video=youtube;ws_oRkHsvmk]

After the editing part, can you tell me what methods for trading work with this

1- Pokebank

2-Wi-fi

3-Wireless(2 3ds)?

After the editing part, can you tell me what methods for trading work with this

1- Pokebank

2-Wi-fi

3-Wireless(2 3ds)?

If you have your Pokemon game in GATEWAY setup as .3dz instead of .3ds(google helps in doing so), and the values are realistic and it passes nintendos checks, you can trade the pokemanz wherever you want, all 3 methods work.

If you have your Pokemon game in GATEWAY setup as .3dz instead of .3ds(google helps in doing so), and the values are realistic and it passes nintendos checks, you can trade the pokemanz wherever you want, all 3 methods work.

converting the pokemon 3ds/3dz to .cia thats added to the homescreen works online also iv done it also theres a 3ds ftp sever so no need to remove your SD card to transfer the main file thats used for editing

FTP can be seen in the spoiler

Is there a way of giving me a complete Pokedex in PKHeX without having to click Give All 700 times? :D

Well...you can mark bulbasaur then click on that "give all" button once and then hold ENTER and just wait one or 2 minutes :)

converting the pokemon 3ds/3dz to .cia thats added to the homescreen works online also iv done it also theres a 3ds ftp sever so no need to remove your SD card to transfer the main file thats used for editing

FTP can be seen in the spoiler

Does the FTP only work for transferring the main file from the PC onto the 3DS or can I send it from the 3DS to my PC as well?

Does the FTP only work for transferring the main file from the PC onto the 3DS or can I send it from the 3DS to my PC as well?

You can transfer files with the 3DS homebrew program FTPony to the PC with WinSCP(thats what I use), and of course this works in both directions

Hey I have a question,

''Illegal mode'' in PKHeX is enabled, now. It will change any ability and it works fine. But when I'll change the level or stats, it doesn't work for me.

Hacked stats is also ticked.

Can anyone help me with this out?

Thanks in advance.

... Wow. I've never hoped for Nintendo to enforce via bricking modded systems more than now.

Well this discussion has already happened in other forums, and the outcome was that it would be illegal in many countries to do so and Nintendo would face many lawsuits, so that is almost guaranteed not to happen

But what might happen are online bans, until now nothing happened also not with modded/hacked systems, but there is proof that nintendo is able to ban a whole system from all online services or just from one game(smash bros) :cool:

Hey I have a question,

''Illegal mode'' in PKHeX is enabled, now. It will change any ability and it works fine. But when I'll change the level or stats, it doesn't work for me.

Hacked stats is also ticked.

Can anyone help me with this out?

Thanks in advance.

Of course nobody knows excactly what values Nintendo's servers are checking or when they are changing their methods

Maybe they aren't checking everything and some things can be wrong and you still can go and play via wifi...if you should risk that is another thing

Yeah now that it is real. But a guess maybe directly it wont or something like that. Just like we werent able to do that on gateway before cia's.

At first it won't work with PkHeX by 100%, and also in the long-term future it is questionable if it can work

Somebody would need to find a kernel exploit in the newest firmware 9.2.0, above 4.5.0 there is currently no known exploit

Sky3ds will probably work with simulating a 1:1 3ds cartridge and so it does not need an exploit...on the downside installing .cia's and using this editor isn't possible then either

As I said, Facebook, PokeGen.

One of them you have to request to join. For both, if you want something, YOU make the Pokemon in PKHeX, make it properly Legal (don't expect anyone to do the work for you). Then, once you've made them, post a request linking the files. If someone is up to helping you, they will. If not, tough.

Notes: DO NOT accept someone's help who requires your Legends/Mega Stones/Events/etc. They ARE NOT trustworthy.

If you need help making the files, that is the real purpose of those groups in the first place. But remember, we don't do the work for you. We help you learn how to do it yourself.

As I said, Facebook, PokeGen.

One of them you have to request to join. For both, if you want something, YOU make the Pokemon in PKHeX, make it properly Legal (don't expect anyone to do the work for you). Then, once you've made them, post a request linking the files. If someone is up to helping you, they will. If not, tough.

Notes: DO NOT accept someone's help who requires your Legends/Mega Stones/Events/etc. They ARE NOT trustworthy.

If you need help making the files, that is the real purpose of those groups in the first place. But remember, we don't do the work for you. We help you learn how to do it yourself.

Thank you so much! I sent a request just now, same name as on here. Hope someone can help me out.