PKHeX Legacy Discussion

Sorry, but your reading-fu isn't trained enough either. As the first post says, and far too many times throughout this and every related thread about it has re-reminded people, there is not and to any person's knowledge will not be any non-Japanese support for Genning. This question is getting extremely annoying to everyone, since it has had the same answer since day one. There is no room for hope. Only choice is spend around $400-500 to cheat, or to just raise your Pokemon properly.

If there IS a change in that state, it will be huge news and spread like wildfire. But to anyone's knowledge, not happening.

Well i can't find the statement on the first post... and I've only gone through the three first pages of messages...

Doesn't matter anyway, but thank you for the feedback.

I guess i can't get my hopes up for a Volcanion nor a Hoopa anytime soon :/

Good evening, I searched around and noticed that I couldn't find any news on making this work on American or European consoles and games.

I would appreciate if someone could enlighten me if it is possible and if someone is working on it. (There probably is, but apparently my GoogleFu just isn't trained enough ^^)

The issue is that it's all done server side like Powersaves. The Cyber Gadget servers block non-JP carts, and there's no way to "trick" them into accepting your EU/US cart, and there never will be. The only chance of American and European carts being compatible is if Cyber Gadget decides to allow them. Seeing as they're a Japanese company who have been going for years and never release stuff outside of Japan, the chances are tiny, virtually zero.

Datel did, both for Japan and international. They just don't allow user-side editing and there is no sign that they have any intention of changing that, so it's best to just give up.

If you want a Volcanion. just use the GTS and learn to breed. Game Freak made it so easy to breed 5-6x 31 IV Pokemon with whatever ability you want and even be Shiny and in the Ball of your choice and etc. that it's almost unfair to all those who did it in past games. You don't need to cheat to do something they literally made so easy.

Datel did, both for Japan and international. They just don't allow user-side editing and there is no sign that they have any intention of changing that, so it's best to just give up.

If you want a Volcanion. just use the GTS and learn to breed. Game Freak made it so easy to breed 5-6x 31 IV Pokemon with whatever ability you want and even be Shiny and in the Ball of your choice and etc. that it's almost unfair to all those who did it in past games. You don't need to cheat to do something they literally made so easy.

Well, Volcanion can't be traded on the GTS, only local wireless. Breeding is easy enough though.

That seems odd with all the Volcanions floating around on none-japanese consoles... :/

And you see, yes breeding is easy, but I'm not interested in the Pokemon I can get by just breeding, since I'm already doing that.

But it takes time, and some pokemon I can't even get my hands on.

All I'm interested in is just having fun battling, and enjoying the tid bits of interesting lore. Sure I could breed, but if i'd just have to pay 20-30 $ on some program or Dongle I'd be happy.

But basically you're telling me to get in touch with some Japanese players, who would be able to trade me said Pokemon not available by means public to the international market, right?

That seems odd with all the Volcanions floating around on none-japanese consoles... :/

They could've easily been locally traded, or transferred using PokeBank, to a non-Japanese cart/console.

But basically you're telling me to get in touch with some Japanese players, who would be able to trade me said Pokemon not available by means public to the international market, right?

To clarify what he meant, you won't be able to trade for AZ's Floette, Hoopa, or Volcanion over Wi-Fi, in any way possible until they are officially revealed and Nintendo/GameFreak removes them from the hack filter. The only way is if you trade locally, in the same room with a person who has hacked said pokemon onto their game, but good luck finding someone in your area.

Or just cough up the load cash and buy the Japanese equipment needed to hack it yourself, as you already know. Or just wait for the official release. Expect Hoopa in 2015.

Sorry, but your reading-fu isn't trained enough either. As the first post says, and far too many times throughout this and every related thread about it has re-reminded people, there is not and to any person's knowledge will not be any non-Japanese support for Genning. This question is getting extremely annoying to everyone, since it has had the same answer since day one. There is no room for hope. Only choice is spend around $400-500 to cheat, or to just raise your Pokemon properly.

If there IS a change in that state, it will be huge news and spread like wildfire. But to anyone's knowledge, not happening.

what about Pokecheck? Will Pokecheck just work for people with cyber gadget then?

Not unless you're in the same room as them, and then you might as well just use Pokémon Bank. Or you could mail your cart to someone if they agreed. But anything unreleased can't be traded until they allow it, like Diancie.

They could've easily been locally traded, or transferred using PokeBank, to a non-Japanese cart/console.

eBay is full of copies of X and Y with all 721 Pokémon on as well. if anyone is really that desperate, just get one of those. They're not much more than the cost of a new game really.

what about Pokecheck? Will Pokecheck just work for people with cyber gadget then?

No, I don't see why it would work like that. Why would people with Cyber Gadget even need Pokécheck? If Pokécheck ever comes back it will be available to everyone. The thing is, the people behind it have lives and the project takes up a lot of time and effort. If it comes back, great, but I wouldn't expect it any time soon.

Most likely, Pokecheck is dead from now on. Like with the Battle Scan (view your opponent's full team and all details, and what Move(s) they chose for the turn in an online battle) and Trade Scan (view the full data of a Pokemon shown in an online trade) programs getting patched against, I can't see they'd let anything like Pokecheck get by. The only thing that's going to work is external changes directly to the save file, and only two companies are known to have the encryption ability required to do so, and only one of them (Cyber) allows open-editing.

They've been saying that same thing for at least the last 6 months, and well before the gen III remakes were announced, saying "It's expected next month". That's a lot of 'next months' with absolutely no evidence that they are anything more than a dead trend that wasn't even a particularly good checker to begin with.

They've been saying that same thing for at least the last 6 months, and well before the gen III remakes were announced, saying "It's expected next month". That's a lot of 'next months' with absolutely no evidence that they are anything more than a dead trend that wasn't even a particularly good checker to begin with.

i agree with everything except the bold part , it was the best checker in 5gen , and a great source for event pokemons

The best source for gen IV/V Event Pokemon (and hopefully soon Gen VI) is always the actual Wondercards, also found here:

http://projectpokemon.org/events

Just load them into PokeGen, or whatever your editor is, and make the small edits you need for it to be what you wanted. (I'm sure Pokecheck basically did the same thing, but I simply have never had reason or cause to trust their files in the first place, so never bothered to check those against the real thing, which I do do when I use one from Project Pokemon despite my trusting these ones)

While Pokecheck was the certainly the easy way to check legality, the number of complaints about Pokecheck marking something incorrectly "legal" or "nonlegal" when it was truly the opposite have always made me mark it down. Admittedly, I've never taken the time to test it myself as I've never been willing to design something to be anything less than "legal" in the first place, and I always used an AR to Gen anyways.

Either way, be any facts or opinions about whatever as they may, there is no real alternative to PKHeX+Cyber Editor+Japanese Region available or coming up that is known to the public. (Given the history of my statements like this [over the last decade or so?], expect one within the week... -_-; ) If there is one, it will spread like Chandra's wildfires with unmistakable supporting proof. Until then, the best you have is:

c) Shell out $400-500 to cheat in a game. You won't even be making use of most of that money for any other game series, or more than 4 games (at present) for that matter. (I import to begin with, since I hate the imported dubs/translations. Yes, I read Japanese. I mostly like the ability to clone, so I can share Events to the people who miss them/can't get them/would likely only be able to otherwise by trading their only copy of another Event/Legend/Mega Stone to someone else who has an unlimited supply of those already)

b) Make the Pokemon yourself, then find someone who will Gen them for you. (I help mod a couple groups that do this, as I often keep noting here. I do more of help with designing the Legal Pokemon than Genning, since I don't have much time for that. I only take either special requests, as I deem them, or for friends.)

a) Just play the game properly and enjoy the (preferably NOT revealed early, so they would be SUPER COOL, rather than just "hey, give me my free Black Lotus already you stingy jerks") Events and breeding and such the way you did when you first ecstatically played this gem of a series. (Unless you just cheated from the beginning and only play because you are super-competitive and can't just not be a top-tier battler in a video game that is popular worldwide but can't bother to spend the time to do things the way it was meant to be in the first place like the far majority of players and most of the top-tier battlers as well despite the fact that that's the only reason you even play the games other than enjoying the new storyline your first time through. Or whatever, I don't really care what someone else's reason is.)

Sigh... So, whatever. This has been sadly detracting from the real question anyways:

How much longer until the Gen VI Wondercards get listed properly anyways? There is no feature I've been itching for more than this!

"talked to xfr. plan to start work on pokecheck again in september when we're free."

I'm guessing it wont be anytime soon but the release of OR and AS might bring people back into hacking.

After awhile of X and Y release, people got bored because there's really nothing to do after you beat the game besides hatching, EV train, and battle

And you see, yes breeding is easy, but I'm not interested in the Pokemon I can get by just breeding, since I'm already doing that.

But it takes time, and some pokemon I can't even get my hands on.

All I'm interested in is just having fun battling, and enjoying the tid bits of interesting lore. Sure I could breed, but if i'd just have to pay 20-30 $ on some program or Dongle I'd be happy.

I have a Hoopa and Volcanion on my English language game. I traded it over from my Japanese 3DS.

It's not that hard.

Sigh... So, whatever. This has been sadly detracting from the real question anyways:

How much longer until the Gen VI Wondercards get listed properly anyways? There is no feature I've been itching for more than this!

With the existence of powersaves and that device holding access close to all event pokémon already, I for one can understand that adding Gen VI Wondercards isn't exactly a priority anymore. The argument on the request of powersaves having them and the person who asked having to buy the device is, in my honest opinion, more than valid.

Adding to that the fact that as far as I know CyberGadget would be the only method of injecting said wondercards and re-saving the game, what's the point to add them then? People would still have to dish out the money.

p.s. not that it really matters that much at the current stage, but to reply on your "c", I checked the price of device+game+CGSE myself a while back and accumulated to about 250 USD or a little less for Euros. Excluding shipping.

Powersaves isn't universally used (obviously, or this thread would be pointless), and cheating isn't only done by Powersaves. People who instead use Cyber, such as me, want to be have access to Events as well. Whether it's only currently usable by Japanese-version users is irrelevant to it's usefulness.

Previously, PokeGen was in the same boat, being the only really used method to inject Wondercards (except for those that used PokeSav, I guess? I never did, too hard to use).

Also, Powerssaves' method of inserting stuff is annoyingly limited, to just one injection at a time, where with PKHeX+Cyber you can insert any number of Wondercards at once, or just use them as the base to make your Perfect version of it (which Powersaves can't do flat out).

And you only have access to any Events that Powersaves LETS you have. Doesn't matter if they are new or old, they get to choose for you. (Ex: missed a past Event and they removed the code? Sucks to be you.)

Powersaves isn't universally used (obviously, or this thread would be pointless), and cheating isn't only done by Powersaves. People who instead use Cyber, such as me, want to be have access to Events as well. Whether it's only currently usable by Japanese-version users is irrelevant to it's usefulness.

Previously, PokeGen was in the same boat, being the only really used method to inject Wondercards (except for those that used PokeSav, I guess? I never did, too hard to use).

Also, Powerssaves' method of inserting stuff is annoyingly limited, to just one injection at a time, where with PKHeX+Cyber you can insert any number of Wondercards at once, or just use them as the base to make your Perfect version of it (which Powersaves can't do flat out).

And you only have access to any Events that Powersaves LETS you have. Doesn't matter if they are new or old, they get to choose for you. (Ex: missed a past Event and they removed the code? Sucks to be you.)

I suppose I can say nothing but that you're right there haha.

Nice to know they are cracking down on this! ^_^ That's why I keep going on about enforcing making "legal" builds for hacking, because it matters. People will find it a little annoying if they use their hack online (shooting themselves in the foot) when they decide to start handing out bans for doing so (Like Smash Bros. 3DS already has, for some cases; I only know of temporary bans, and mostly from a glitch, but it IS happening). Nintendo is no longer the "users can hack all they want without restraint or punishment" club, and people are just going to have to grow up and do things straight, like they already should.