PKHeX Legacy Discussion

Hey there, I'm using a Mac computer and I can't seem to get PKHeX to work with Wine. Every time I try to open PKHeX with wine, it simply doesn't open, and it gets stuck on "Starting up PKHeX" (this also happens when I try to bundle it with WineBottler). Any suggestions for this (other than a virtual machine/bootcamp)? Thanks :)

Hey there, I'm using a Mac computer and I can't seem to get PKHeX to work with Wine. Every time I try to open PKHeX with wine, it simply doesn't open, and it gets stuck on "Starting up PKHeX" (this also happens when I try to bundle it with WineBottler). Any suggestions for this (other than a virtual machine/bootcamp)? Thanks :)

I tried wine too...i couldnt get any help so I just gave up and used parallels instead.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you eventually! :smile:

I used an hex editor, I edited the Pokemon file(Pkx).

But how did you get the edited pkx in the save? Edited in CyberGadgets Advanced mode?

Or can you load the edited pkx in PKHeX? I thought it works similar to PokeGen, meaning it "reads" the pkx file and writes it new when inserted - which would overwrite the hexedited form for Xerneas, as the programm does not support extra forms for it.

is there a way to extract the pokemon from a WC and import it into PKHEX autofilled in?

Wonder cards are templates and do not store Pokemon; the game generates the Pokemon to specification.

PKHeX does not generate PIDs the way the game does (because we don't know yet) so you can either:

1) Receive the wondercard ingame

2) Fill in the data yourself and hope for the best

I'll be honest and say it's not worth spending the time for something so underused/minor :P

so I would need a jp 3ds, jp pokemon x/y game, and the cyber save editor to be 100% solid

or used jp pokemon x/y game and cyber safe editor to edit and upload pokemon to bank to transfer to us cartridge?

is any of this available to us based 3ds or still jp only?

edit: I just bought pokemon y for my Zelda 3ds and been playing, but now interested in experimenting with some current gen pokes so delved into reading on all of this. I just wanted to make sure I understood what hardware was needed before ordering. I'm only familiar with r4 and r4i save dongle.

so I would need a jp 3ds, jp pokemon x/y game, and the cyber save editor to be 100% solid

or used jp pokemon x/y game and cyber safe editor to edit and upload pokemon to bank to transfer to us cartridge?

is any of this available to us based 3ds or still jp only?

You need both the Cyber Save Editor device and a compatible JP cartridge, followed by either:

The cartridge's save file initialized, which will get you transfers to Bank.

A JP 3DS, which lets you hack anything save related.

On that note, the Japanese Gen VI wondercards page says:

"Files will not be hosted here until file editing becomes available."

Considering that PKHeX does that, why the heck aren't the W.C. files being added there? Is this just laziness on that project? Those files would be quite useful...

After my tests, it's not even worth touching the Clothes section editing. It is only slower than just changing them in the in-game changing room/hair salon, and is nearly total nonsense to try to figure out what combination of numbers cause what effect. A particular clothing item may even be affected by a totally different clothing item!

You can't actually apply the Skin features (from the Trainer Promo) for non-promo parts, so that is pointless too. (Or at least, none of my tests did it.

If you set things to non-usable numbers or unusable combinations, then your character can be forced into their default (start-of-game) outfit and not have any changes at all from the codes.

The few things of interest you can do: If you set an item to 0, then it will remove it. LITERALLY. Remove face option, you have no face. remove shirt option, you have no upper body. Just a clear empty area that screams CHEATER. Same for Hat, though some people may not realize that is the case right away.

So, I guess you could just run through the game as the invisible woman or something.

Shouldnt we create another thread for poke hex request?

Mainly I want a legal Diance and Tanabata Jirachi.

If i use power saves to get them on my game they will be english origin but I want one with japanese origin...

Change your game language with powersaves to JPN and then try to use the wondercard again.

Shouldnt we create another thread for poke hex request?

Mainly I want a legal Diance and Tanabata Jirachi.

If i use power saves to get them on my game they will be english origin but I want one with japanese origin...

English Tanabata Jiachi and Diancies are both legit. I got both the actual event in English coz my game was set in English language, and I also got a US 3ds which has both events. Any local events here follows the language of the game even the game region(works in any region). I think it is also the case in US/EU events. Only the code events are region locked, like the Corocoro ones.

The language of the Event obtained is not an issue any more, as a game can be set to any of the languages when you start.

The difference will be in the 3DS Region setting that is noted when the Event is obtained.

The 3ds region setting is also not an issue because like I said a while ago, I got both events, Tanabata Jirachi and the Diancie event, through my US 3ds on the actual event site. Any region of 3ds will work on local events here in Japan, I also got the Pikachu events through my US 3ds.

I wasn't referring to just local events. If an even works for different regions, hurray. However, there are events that are region-locked (such as Wi-Fi events), and that does matter, if only to people like me who only cheat and support cheating for 'legal' Pokemon. (ie: yes, if I know a person is cheating for a non-legal, no matter how small the difference, I will not help them get it)

But if you want to have a different Region set for an Event, just change the Region data in that Pokemon file. No reason to change anything else.

you need bootcamp with mac devices

Can't exactly find if you're answering someone or asking the question, but either way, wouldn't using Parallels or Wine work as well? I don't have a Mac myself but from experience I learned through friends who do I would think those could work...