PKHeX Legacy Discussion

Hey guys, I have a question, don't blame me please..

I'm not a rich person so I just want to ask, is it still worth buying a japanese 3ds and a japanese X/Y version for this or should I just wait?

Will there ever be a US/Europe support?

sorry for my bad english, i'm from spain.

The better question is: Is it worth 300-400 dollars to you to merely cheat in a game, just to get things that have intentionally been made easier to get in-game by the developers, or which are easily traded for online with those that have extras (and yes, there are people who have them, and will trade for your Magikarps)? That is seriously the only real question, unless you have a real desire to switch to importing your 3DS games instead of buying locally (which I do prefer, since translations are lousy and I'm already enjoying Smash Bros. for 3DS).

And no, there is absolutely no foreseeable non-Japanese support for anything like this, as has been stated so many times in this thread.

Hi I was wonder to anyone who has Cyber Gadget could help me edit one of my Pokemon's moves and then trade it back to me don't worry there legit moves that it can learn i just don't want to go through hassle of breading so much.

Just wanted to experiment.

I am hoping though some sort of software will become available to edit digital saves or US games.

(I do NOT support any form a cheating at all.)

does this mean there will never be something different to using PKHex?

Even if Datel released a piece of hardware that allowed you to inject, you'd still want to use PKHeX, since that's the best tool for editing. At some point, a device will be released in the west. But it will not be the Cyber Gadget Save Editor. The company doesn't release outside of Japan and never has. Just like loads of American/European pieces of tech don't get released in Japan. It's only a matter of time before 3DS action replays become as common as they were in the GB/GBA/DS era. The capability is there - Datel could easily allow saves to be edited and injected if they wanted to. Cyber Gadget already do allow it. I've heard semi-reliable whispers of a cheap, Western, Powersaves-on-steroids 3DS action replay in time for Christmas. Who knows?

My Pokemon that need moves edited

Sylveon -Wish and double edge, Rayquaza V-create, and Victini Glaciate, Blue Flare and Bolt Strike

my Friend Code: 2406-5142-4962

Personally I would consider an event victini that was not meant to have the moves you ask yet still has them through CGSE cheating (referring to things that are not legit to have, in certain ways of seeing it using CGSE as a whole is cheating) which earlier you said you do not support.. just saying.

Same counts for the rayquaza and sylveon if it's "kalos-born"...

Correct. Despite the program being able to insert Pokemon without limits, non-legal can't be used for trades online, and some can be blocked from battles online.

Please don't use this thread as a Pokemon Request thread. If you have requests, PLEASE take those requests to threads/sites that exist for that purpose (or make one!). There are a couple I mod on Facebook, for example (originally from use with Pokegen, we also support PKHeX)

My Pokemon that need moves edited

Sylveon -Wish and double edge, Rayquaza V-create, and Victini Glaciate, Blue Flare and Bolt Strike

my Friend Code: 2406-5142-4962

In that case just use PokeSav to edit BW2 save file then transfer it via PokeBank. We use PKHeX mainly for kalos-born pokemon

If we want to recreate pokemon from some of the old games and friend, like Firered for example, would a the implementation of a legit be possible. The reason for this being that I can't locally trade pokemon and I've created a few gen 3 pokemon seemingly following all the rules, but not being able to trade over wifi. Gen IV/V hardly ever give me trouble.

I think it has been asked earlier, but I can't find an answer, so I'll just ask again; sorry if this was already answered somewhere else.

Is there any reason for Xerneas not to have the possibility to change between passive and active form? PKHeX can't change the form, and Powersaves offers form-switch codes for everything, except Xerneas.

Which leads me to the assumption that Xerneas active form is somewhat special... or is it just a coincidence that both programs do not offer it?

I think it has been asked earlier, but I can't find an answer, so I'll just ask again; sorry if this was already answered somewhere else.

Is there any reason for Xerneas not to have the possibility to change between passive and active form? PKHeX can't change the form, and Powersaves offers form-switch codes for everything, except Xerneas.

Which leads me to the assumption that Xerneas active form is somewhat special... or is it just a coincidence that both programs do not offer it?

I think I am originally the one who asked this a while ago if not mistaken. I actually been successful in changing my Xerneas form into active prior to battle and gave it a new ability without changing back, the problem though is that, it turns back to passive form after the battle which makes everything useless.

In that case just use PokeSav to edit BW2 save file then transfer it via PokeBank. We use PKHeX mainly for kalos-born pokemon

I agree with you on this end but you kinda do have to know what you're doing. Assuming some person would make them from scratch anyway...

p.s. imo pokegen does a better job than pokesav when it comes down to pokemon editing / creating btw...

I think I am originally the one who asked this a while ago if not mistaken. I actually been successful in changing my Xerneas form into active prior to battle and gave it a new ability without changing back, the problem though is that, it turns back to passive form after the battle which makes everything useless.

That's strange, since other temporary forms (like Meloetta-P) don't change back after battle. How did you go about changing the form? Did you edit the source code in Visual Studio?

In the case of Meloetta's, the game isn't recognizing a form change, so doesn't revert it (doesn't have a flag set to check). I assume you are not having it change forms in battle with it reverting back to it's non-natural state?

Most likely, the game just automatically resets Xerneas' form after battle as a natural function, since it already would change it's form when it entered battle, setting the flag to revert it afterwards.

Any idea if it you guys will be able to keep undating after ORAS is out? I saw just saw english mega rayquaza and also its sweep in the nico nico livestream and now im hype as hell

Really want to be able to use it soon as possible and if pkhex is still compatable i might not have to complete the whole oras game before i get to use it lol

Updates should continue when ORAS comes out; do know that I can't support games that nobody has.

I'll probably be more interested in dumping ROM data at first, so updating won't be my first priority until Cyber Save Editor (etc.) supports re-signing of edited saves.

That's strange, since other temporary forms (like Meloetta-P) don't change back after battle. How did you go about changing the form? Did you edit the source code in Visual Studio?

It's because Xerneas doesn't use a move or need some conditions to change its form, it's automatic, so when you change it's form prior to battle it will just automatically changes back to original afterwards. The main reason though I change it form prior to battle is so I could use another ability. When you change Xerneas ability, it will turn back to fairy aura the moment it gets out coz of the form change, so I changed its form prior to battle then give it a new ability, the new ability didn't change through out the battle coz it is already on active form but after the battle it still turned back to its original form making its ability back to fairy aura.. Basically stuck with it lol

I used an hex editor, I edited the Pokemon file(Pkx).

It's because Xerneas doesn't use a move or need some conditions to change its form, it's automatic, so when you change it's form prior to battle it will just automatically changes back to original afterwards. The main reason though I change it form prior to battle is so I could use another ability. When you change Xerneas ability, it will turn back to fairy aura the moment it gets out coz of the form change, so I changed its form prior to battle then give it a new ability, the new ability didn't change through out the battle coz it is already on active form but after the battle it still turned back to its original form making its ability back to fairy aura.. Basically stuck with it lol

I used an hex editor, I edited the Pokemon file(Pkx).

Looks like you'll have to just create a new Xerneas every time you want to use one with a different ability :P or make a box full of them, since they should keep permanently active