PKHeX Legacy Discussion

Someone found this while using PKHeX :

-snip-

Could you fix it before they believe anything stupid please ?

heh. will be gone in the next version

No support for the downloaded copies .sav files extracted from the SD card ?

If you read the first post, the answer is no. Savegames are encrypted and SD games can't be restored if the signature doesn't match (which is impossible).

Kaphotics, any way to change number of trades, or battles won? (Link Battle doesn't appear to change anything)

Thanks.

Change the trainer stats, I haven't identified which one it is.

Hello. I wonder about using Cyber gadget Save editor 2 for 3DS.

I bought that. install program and connect USB. But didn't start program and follow error message

"Cartridge reader not detected. Please connect it via a USB port and start the program"

I checked Cyber gadget FAQ and followed. But still can't use program.

I think bought item is defective. But i heard it's only use on Japan Windows 8.1 from someone.

Is it true? You who now using this item are use only Japan Windows 8.1? Otherwise 7? XP?

Please answer me. Thank you for the reading

I am going to buy a Cyber Save Editor for the 3DS, and I need to know one thing. Do I need a Japanese 3DS if I have a Japanese cartridge? I mean, won't you be able to put the cartridge into the Cyber Save Editor, make edits, then put the cartridge into the American 3DS, open up Pokebank, upload the Pokemon to a box, than take out the Japanese cartridge, put in the American cartridge, and then take out the genned Pokemon and put them into your American version? Please respond because I need to know if I need to buy the Japanese 3DS or not.

That's not what Kaphotics just said... I'm not planning to play the Japanese version, I just need it to Pokebank the hacked Pokemon.

Also, Kaphotics, do you know where I could find a Japanese gamesave? I have only found English ones for Pokemon Y.

You simply have to ask the seller, there's no other way really. But the chances of finding a second hand game with a save file on is pretty slim I think. I don't know how others have fared. If the game has had the save file erased, you can inject another save file someone has sent you, I think. The cart will have the save game data initialized, which is all that's needed. But really, it's a lot of effort to go to and very risky if it doesn't work. I've seen people spend hundreds and can't get their head round it.

What would you do with the Save file in the first place? It wouldn't do you any good to insert into a non-JP cartridge, since the program checks the CARTRIDGE ID, then just reads the save. You can't skip the need to import a JP cart.

Really, just play the games legit. Cheating in these games doesn't really help you do anything you can't already do on your own legally anyways (breeding for the Perfect Pokemon is SO much easier, with guides made to help you along, OR even people that will take requests to do it for you!), and every item can be obtained in-game if it's meant to be obtained in the first place (or trade for, if it's an X/Y-exclusive MegaStone). If you are looking to Gen a certain Pokemon, there are groups that exist for the purpose of doing that for you then trading it to you. If you are wanting an Impossible Pokemon (ie: unreleased, illegal Form, etc) then definitely not worth the time, since there is Legality Checks on certain parts of online play (not all, but not worth dealing with) and it just makes people hate you as "cheating scum" (or whatever the current hater term is now) when you use Wonder Guard Volcanion/Mega Mewtwo and such.

*Facepalm*... I am buying a JAPANESE Cartridge... I just need a save file that has been played a bit (Past getting the starter) so I can actually use the Sav for PKHeX/ Cyber Save Editor. I don't care about playing the game, because I can use Poketransfer to transfer the Pokemon from the sav file into Pokebank, so I can access them from my English copy of the game. All I was asking about was where I could find (ONLINE) a sav from a Japanese Pokemon Y that has been played through a bit.

Just buy a used one, much easier than finding a save. And also even if you got a Japanese save, how would you inject it to your "new cartridge" if Cyber Gadget can't read it in the first place because of it not having a save file. I know you could edit it on PKHex but could it be injected? I never tried a game without save file before on my Cyber Gadget so not completely sure.

That has been answered to death...

If you got a new JP game, then yes, you need a JP 3DS. When you buy one, you can get it bundled with Smash Bros. 4 3DS as well (coming out this week). Importing has more perks than just this cheat method.

Yea but apparently, if you have bought a new X/Y game recently, they will already be patched with the 1.1/1.2 patches and aren't detected by the CGSE. As is the case for my game.

I've progressed past the pokedex and still no detection.

Edited by doiee

Yea but apparently, if you have bought a new X/Y game recently, they will already be patched with the 1.1/1.2 patches and aren't detected by the CGSE. As is the case for my game.

I've progressed past the pokedex and still no detection.

Interesting, my game is updated(Ver. 1.2) but it works fine.

When i create a pokemon with Shiny status, its unable to be traded, but if i give some of my pokemons TID / SID and PID then it can be traded, what can i do to make it shiny and tradeable ? If there isn't a way with PKHeX then it would be cool to implement this :D

Thanks !

Yep. In the new Pokemon online world: LEGAL DOES MATTER. If you are going to Gen, do it properly.

So looking forward to the next PKHeX update... >_<

I wonder if like for the next update of PKHeX should have another move for Hoopa besides Hyperspace Hole. Shadow Strike. Even though it's a made up/creative Ghost Type move