PKHeX Legacy Discussion

There's 16 bytes for appearance (12 for normal, +4 for PR Videos). We only know what one of the bytes does (Hair Color & Hat) so far.

Wonder cards can be edited with SciresM's program.

Party editing ... ?

Event Flags = need info on what flag does what.

Ingame events are event flag based, not gym badge related. Badges are just used for display & obedience purposes.

Next version I can just have a Control click modifier to do that.

Thank you. And I found some weird thing on Pokedex. After I save game with fully edited pokedex, some pokemon's 'via trade' data is missing (Lucario, Hippopotas, Hippowdon...) And seems like it's not Italian Petilil but Italian Abomasnow who shouldn't be obtained on my save.

Edit: I just found out that some pokemon's 'via trade' data is already checked (Shellder, Cubone, Marowak, Hitmonlee...) on my save file which I have never connected Internet and never done any kind of editing whatsoever.

many are able to put on the gts Hoopa and Volcanion...how do they? thank you

Are you talking about people who request them on the GTS?

You can request any of the 721 pokemon on the GTS, but certain event pokemon like Mew, Deoxys, Arceus, Volcanion, etc, are unable to be traded.

Even when there are legitimate Hoopa and Volcanion, they won't be able to be GTS traded.

I just recieved a Save Dongle and I bought it for genning Pokemon because I play VGC. How do I gen Pokemon with PKHeX? It isn't the same as in tutorial videos with the Cyber Save Editor, and I would truly appreciate it if someone could make one, or if someone could share a link with me. Thanks!

BTW I am new to this site and I joined because of this problem.

Thanks anyone who can find a solution or help me with my lack of knowledge.

Depends on your Save Dongle brand... if it's Cyber's, then you use PKHeX, as it's the only standard way to do so. If it's not Cyber's... then you wasted your money as far as I know.

You may also want to get the English-modded application of Cyber (also on ProjectPokemon), which makes it easier to do things. Simply run Cyber, select your game cartridge, right-click, choose Advanced Edit; when the Hex Editor comes up, select a "0", replace it with a "0", then hit the finish button. Say "Yes" to the first popup, but stop before confirming the second one. At this point, you load PKHeX, which will have access to the Hex-editing file, and can edit as desired. Then export the edited save over that one, finish Cyber's action, and it will write your edited save to your game.

I got the R4I Save Dongle, it can work with PKHeX, I just need a way to prove it. I am looking for someone who's R4i Save Dongle works, so I can test my theory.

No it can't, I have an R4i save dongle, so I should know. Save dumps from X/Y show up as blank 1mb files. There's no EEPROM for the dongle to copy from, the saves are stored with the ROM. Even if it could dump saves, It lacks a method of creating an XOR pad and resigning the AES MAC. No X/Y save editing for R4i dongle users.

I got the R4I Save Dongle, it can work with PKHeX, I just need a way to prove it. I am looking for someone who's R4i Save Dongle works, so I can test my theory.

Sorry, but it really can't. It just isn't possible. If it was possible, you'd know. The only way to inject Pokémon is with Cyer Gadget save editor.

I noticed that Xerneas doesn't have an option to change into "active mode" like the other pokes with megas/formes. Is it even considered a form? or is it even possible to change even outside of battle? I know it is just an aesthetic change but it would be cool if there is also an option to change its form.

I noticed that Xerneas doesn't have an option to change into "active mode" like the other pokes with megas/formes. Is it even considered a form? or is it even possible to change even outside of battle? I know it is just an aesthetic change but it would be cool if there is also an option to change its form.

It's in the Pokédex as a separate form so presumably it is possible to have a permanent Active-Xerneas just like perma-megas (which change back if you leave them in your party) or Meloetta-P (which stays that was forever). It's probably something Kaphotics can add in quite easily I presume?

You want them to pass legal checks? Make them "legal". There are rules on them. Such as:

-No Wonder Guard on anything that's not Shedinja. And such.

-EV limits. (No more than 255 to a stat, no more than 510 total.)

-MATCH ORIGIN REQUIREMENTS. This includes, but is not limited to: Moves/Abilty/Nature/IV's/Gender/Shinyness/Event-obtained, etc.

-Don't tamper with unnecessary parts of the file.

To make sure a file is a "legal" as possible, start with one you got properly in-game, and modify it to what it would otherwise be. That way, you are even still the OT and such.

Also, unless it's a Gen V or older Pokemon, I recommend a Reroll on the PID after you finish modifying it, then apply if it's Shiny or not.

Also, there are groups that exist specifically for this kind of thing. I help mod a couple of them on Facebook, for starters. We don't really need minor technical help on how to Gen on this thread... It's supposed to be for help/support/maintenance/etc with the program itself.

Edit: Ok, looked at your file...

-Caught in a Moon Ball? on X/Y? Obviously hacked, since ONLY the Johto region games have access to the Moon Ball.

Other than that, it's a bit over-convenient designed...

With that kind of Pokemon, it should ALWAYS be designed as "hatched". You can still have it be in any ball you could catch it in in the Friend Safari, since Ball carries from Females when breeding.

Edit2: And, after checking your moves, you didn't even try to make it legal. One is an Egg move (and you didn't have it hatched), and one is ONLY obtainable for Charizard before Gen VI.

Ok, looked at your file...

-Caught in a Moon Ball? on X/Y? Obviously hacked, since ONLY the Johto region games have access to the Moon Ball.

Other than that, it's a bit over-convenient designed...

With that kind of Pokemon, it should ALWAYS be designed as "hatched". You can still have it be in any ball you could catch it in in the Friend Safari, since Ball carries from Females when breeding.

Edit2: And, after checking your moves, you didn't even try to make it legal. One is an Egg move (and you didn't have it hatched), and one is ONLY obtainable for Charizard before Gen VI.

I kinda just made the pokemon from smogons suggestions, I'll edit them as hatched and get rid of the other move and give it ago, thanks for ur help, I'm hopeless at which moves are learned from when/where

btw can u advice which facebook group i could look at?

^_^; Smogon is basically useless, and always was for things that matter. If you want something "legal", it takes research. Use Serebii and Bulbapedia to find the information you need for any given Pokemon's possible designs, and which Origin game it needs to be to have what you want. I'd say, make it hatched, drop the transfer move (which I doubt you'll really need in the first place), and put it in your favorite Ball that can be obtained in Gen VI. It can even have it's Hidden Ability!

For hatching, Met is wherever you want. Mark the Hatched as Egg option, then set that to the Pokemon Daycare (I think it is the first option on the droplist).

As for the groups, if you search PokeGen or PokéGen, you should find at least one of the two I'm in. Though, at least one of them has made it members-only for posting, so you'd have to give a join request... and with how many there are of people just wanting other people to Gen for them (not the purpose of the group), I ignore them. -_-; But, if you send a request and it's not accepted, send me a message and let me know what name to look for (and remind me why, since I tend to forget...).

On the other hand... did a search, and found a bunch of stuff with the same name as well... so here's the two I am on (hope the links work right):

https://www.facebook.com/groups/248462871893024/?ref=br_tf

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pok%C3%A9Gen/185475008263872

I've not added codes before (never needed to), where do you add them in the original Japanese software?

found the solution to use the old version, just disable internet when you start the program, and then re-enable internet and everything works as before, with the new version destroys the save main of PKHEX.

So PKHeX editing (without the codes) is still possible as long as you don't update the software? And it still lets you use it?

Is anyone else having problems launching CS today? it will say "A crucial update has been found, do you want to update now?"

I've tried updating and restarting but I get asked the same question upon reloading the software.

I've tried disabling my internet (as suggested above) but that simply crashes the program for me.

Or, has anyone updated and is still able to use PKHeX?

It might also be worth noting I can update and use the Japanese unmodified version of Cyber save, but the modified version still insists on updating each time

Any thoughts greatly appreciated

Edited by 3dgray

also works in the cyber me but not with the PKhex, if you use the pkehex destroys the save main.

KenoDB how you use it yourself??

I never use the modded Cyber Gadget, I am using the original Japanese software. I am using the cache method, I am saving the main file to the cache folder instead. It's a little tricky if you can't read Japanese. I suggest just wait for the modded Cyber Gadget to be updated. I think it will be updated soon.