PKHeX Legacy Discussion

Quick noob question. I know this thread says "no gateway/powersaves" but that refers just to injecting the saves right? So is a japanese 3ds necessary if you have a gateway enabled 3ds that allows you to play other region games?

Edited by alerieva

PKXs and edited SAVs CAN be injected into your game... ONLY if you possess the Cyber Save Editor & Dongle and a JP Cart+JP System ONLY... NO Gateway / Powersaves.

PKXs ... CAN be injected... ONLY IF [...] NO Gateway / Powersaves. You cannot inject with Gateway/Powersaves.

Please try to keep this thread related to PKHeX and its functions, not hack requests or legality questions.

Actually, Kaphotics? I notice that the option is in the program, but none of the options are selectable... is this planned to be available soon? I have to agree, it would be kind of neat to have the character barefoot with no hat on the beach!

"unreleased item"? What do you mean, BattleLegend? I can put on every article of clothing in-game (I got everything long ago), but I am interested in actually fully removing them as well. The fast-edit while using PKHeX would be nice too. (Or is that another feature that results in a "corrupted save" issue, and therefore useless?)

Just restore one of your backup saves. Cyber automatically makes a backup before you do stuff (unless you turned that option off for some reason...).

Also, if you got a PC of Bad Eggs, that's error on your part. Don't blame the program for your mistake. It just means you have some learning to do on how to do this right. (You can't just say "I want whatever random layout I want", you need to actually make it possible. One of the side reasons I tell people to only Gen Pokemon as legit as possible.)

There are various threads/groups that help people with that, if you want help.

This faulty software has filled my whole PC with Bad eggs, how do I get rid of them all?

Fairly certain that PKHeX didn't fill your whole PC with bad eggs. Be sure that you didn't delete a byte while hex editing, shifting everything out of position.

Actually, Kaphotics? I notice that the option is in the program, but none of the options are selectable... is this planned to be available soon? I have to agree, it would be kind of neat to have the character barefoot with no hat on the beach!

"unreleased item"? What do you mean, BattleLegend? I can put on every article of clothing in-game (I got everything long ago), but I am interested in actually fully removing them as well. The fast-edit while using PKHeX would be nice too. (Or is that another feature that results in a "corrupted save" issue, and therefore useless?)

The game has the "Player Appearance" in a non-obvious format and it wasn't really nailed down. It's a planned feature; those ComboBox dropdowns currently have no code associated with them.

For the next release I should have Pokedex corruption fixed (for the "Fill Dex" button), by copying in a complete version. Powersaves datamined one that was 718/721, but didn't have all the language/forms. With that I should also have all accessories and all regular items sorta like Powersaves does but smarter. Maybe for the clothes I can temporarily allow users to enter values into TextBox's instead of showing ComboBox's until we have a completely cataloged the association.

Release should be <24h from now, if things stay according to plan.

Also add automatic bad egg removal please. In the programme the boxes are shown as empty while in game they are filled with bad eggs.

The program already marks the bad eggs with a bright red image. Scanning the boxes should be done by the user, not the program (as it would increase load times to scan every slot).

Edit: If you're using the Import from Load/Dump Boxes, that should be fixed in the next version. For now, just transfer anything that isn't a bad egg to Bank, then restore a backup.

The Travel Trunk.

So, the elusive "Full pokedex causes save to corrupt" bug has been identified.

Basically, CGSE is retarded. When looking at a decrypted save, if an 0x200 block of bytes is entirely 0xFF, they assume that block is uninitialized and write it back to the cart as 0xFF instead of correctly XORing it.

PKHeX will (I think) be updated to detect this soon :)

So, the elusive "Full pokedex causes save to corrupt" bug has been identified.

Basically, CGSE is retarded. When looking at a decrypted save, if an 0x200 block of bytes is entirely 0xFF, they assume that block is uninitialized and write it back to the cart as 0xFF instead of correctly XORing it.

PKHeX will (I think) be updated to detect this soon :)

Well. I hope so. With those difficulties going on by using Cyber and PKHeX. Alteast some have already been detected anyways

Ah, so that's what's going on... I wonder if the other "corrupt save" issues I've come across are for the same kind of reason.

Should I notify when I come across those, to hunt them out? They've never been of much interest to me, since they were nothing important (changing Event Flags, Trainer Data, etc. for the most part).

Will the "Full Pokedex" be a "Legal-full" or totally full? And how do the Male/Female options work for species where one or both don't even apply to the species? (or will that be changed to just have the applicable options?)

08/31/14 - New Update:

- Added: Cyber screwup notification upon saving.

- - If a 0x200 byte chunk is all 0xFF, your save will be corrupt when you write it back (not PKHeX's fault).

- Added: All Item 'cheat', activated by holding ALT when clicking the ITEMS button within the Inventory Menu.

- Added: Full Pokedex 'cheat' now functions properly. Due to Cyber's screwup, do not obtain an Italian Petlil.

- Added: All Accessories 'cheat' to the Appearance section of Trainer Info

- Added: Index selection for Hat and Hair Color(?). If you don't want to wear a hat, set it to 0.

- Added: Hex view (as decimal) of the current appearance for advanced editing.

- Added: Opening of files via command line arguments (dragging onto .exe).

- Added: Auto-loading of "main" file on startup if it exists.

- Fixed: Nice Recieved is actually @ 0x0EC. Added "People Met Online" @ 0x0F4.

- Fixed: Load Boxes from Folder will no longer give bad eggs in empty slots.

- Fixed: Can no longer set illegal Dex entries (either manually or via Give All)

- Misc: Cleaned up some code, reduced file size.

Cool! So, what are the other "Outfit Val" options for? Do they customize the rest of character appearance, but just not yet organized? Will all clothes options be easily settable soon?

Possible problems I've noticed:

-Wonder card editing

-Party editing (I avoid this by just extracting their data then putting the modified file in the PC)

-Various Event Flags

Apparently, changing your badges doesn't affect story events... doesn't allow re-battling Gyms either. Wonder if that could become possible (I so wish they'd just make all trainers and Gyms possible to re-battle as much as you want, post-E4...)

Cool! So, what are the other "Outfit Val" options for? Do they customize the rest of character appearance, but just not yet organized? Will all clothes options be easily settable soon?

Possible problems I've noticed:

-Wonder card editing

-Party editing (I avoid this by just extracting their data then putting the modified file in the PC)

-Various Event Flags

Apparently, changing your badges doesn't affect story events... doesn't allow re-battling Gyms either. Wonder if that could become possible (I so wish they'd just make all trainers and Gyms possible to re-battle as much as you want, post-E4...)

There's 16 bytes for appearance (12 for normal, +4 for PR Videos). We only know what one of the bytes does (Hair Color & Hat) so far.

Wonder cards can be edited with SciresM's program.

Party editing ... ?

Event Flags = need info on what flag does what.

Ingame events are event flag based, not gym badge related. Badges are just used for display & obedience purposes.

Great job!!! Thank you so much for the work. I have one request. Would you make selecting 'Fill Dex' to not checking encountered section? So I can see which pokemon I haven't 'actually' encountered yet.

Next version I can just have a Control click modifier to do that.