PKHeX Legacy Discussion

It only works with Japanese carts, but I'm talking about injecting an EU/US save file onto a Japanese cart, if for example you want your Japanese setup to be your main one instead of starting over. Obviously you won't be able to do it the other way round, but it is possible to inject a foreign save file onto a JP cart (apparently). Logically, it would be as simple as just replacing the save file in the root folder that the Cyber Gadget saves files to, and then restoring from backup, but I want to be sure.

Copy 0x65600 bytes starting at 0x5400 from your partially decrypted Powersaves file. Save it as "main", and replace it for the one read via the JP cart.

PKHeX doesn't support launch arguments besides executable names.

1) File->Open; change the extension filter to All Files (*.*) then select the pkm file.

2) Drag the PKM files into the window, then drag the PKX file out via the side panel quicksave (which is to the left of the Main Tab).

3) Alternatively, you can just import a folder via Tools -> Load/Dump Boxes, then dump them back to another folder (which will save as .pk6)

Awesome thanks! One thing though, now that I managed to open the .pkm files, how can I convert them to .pkx? I just saved file as a .pkx but I'm not sure if that's enough or if I need to use some kind of tool or converter to make it clean. I fear that just loading it as a .pkm and simply resaving it as .pkx might just leave a corrupted .pkx and I have no way to check. Sorry I'm really new at this.

I'm trying to move my old gen V pokemon to gen VI, so I'm using my .pkm mons extracted from my games via ir-gts-bw, and now I'm trying to find a way to put them in XY. So far I think there's none, but meanwhile until they discover one, I'm doing all I can to be ready for that moment. I have no devices other than my computer and my 3DS so my current plan is to wait for a new fakegts to be released or for a PowerSaves update to make it possible to directly inject them, and mail one of my friends with PS a .zip file with all of my .pkx once I convert them all.

... As long as you made them "legit", you can just Transfer them and not waste time/money on these lengthy methods ($5/year vs. $120+). If not, then why are you trying to transfer them in the first place? If one is identified as hacked in an online battle (and you couldn't trade them online), then they have your user name and could report you (not that I know of anything actually happening like that, but if enough people start doing such, I can see them taking action about it. Bricking 3DS or something?) Actually, I would love it if something like that started (not up to bricking though; that's overkill).

Even if they don't/can't/doesn't matter/etc, then it's still annoying to have mod-mons online. (And yes, I'm pro-Genning)

What if you could undate the hacked version of cyber save editor that you guys came up with to trick the program that the powersaves adapter is the cyber save editors adapter, again just say if this idea is to stupid to work ^^

Different hardware different specs different requirement.

At the first place, the issue is also simply, Datel doesn't accept changed saves and invalid checksum or something along those lines.

They get these questions every other day..

If they thought of a way, they would already be implementing it.

... As long as you made them "legit", you can just Transfer them and not waste time/money on these lengthy methods ($5/year vs. $120+). If not, then why are you trying to transfer them in the first place? If one is identified as hacked in an online battle (and you couldn't trade them online), then they have your user name and could report you (not that I know of anything actually happening like that, but if enough people start doing such, I can see them taking action about it. Bricking 3DS or something?) Actually, I would love it if something like that started (not up to bricking though; that's overkill).

Even if they don't/can't/doesn't matter/etc, then it's still annoying to have mod-mons online. (And yes, I'm pro-Genning)

The pokemon ARE completely legit, they are the pokemon I caught/ bred in past games throughout the years. I just need to convert them cleanly (I tried doing that manually from gen IV to V and got glitchy so I used Pokecheck's converter, that's why I'm asking if I'm missing something) so that I get none of the problems you just mentioned. Thing is, Pokebank doesn't exist in my country so I got royally screwed by Nintendo, and I don't think PowerSaves exists here either so my only means of doing anything is emailing my .pkm/x files to a friend and getting them to inject/ trade them. By the time I made friends over Miiverse that could transfer them through Bank, the servers got discontinued so they can't even ir-gts .pkm files to their 3DSs to transfer normally. Which is a shame, because ir-gts should link locally to the host computer rather than going all the way to the servers, then back to the computer.

So, any program/ method/ anything I can use to transfer .pkx files to the games without external devices? And again, do I need to make anything within PKHeX to convert .pkm to .pkx, or just open them as .pkm and simply saving them as .pkx? Does the program auto-convert stuff?

The pokemon ARE completely legit, they are the pokemon I caught/ bred in past games throughout the years. I just need to convert them cleanly (I tried doing that manually from gen IV to V and got glitchy so I used Pokecheck's converter, that's why I'm asking if I'm missing something) so that I get none of the problems you just mentioned. Thing is, Pokebank doesn't exist in my country so I got royally screwed by Nintendo, and I don't think PowerSaves exists here either so my only means of doing anything is emailing my .pkm/x files to a friend and getting them to inject/ trade them. By the time I made friends over Miiverse that could transfer them through Bank, the servers got discontinued so they can't even ir-gts .pkm files to their 3DSs to transfer normally. Which is a shame, because ir-gts should link locally to the host computer rather than going all the way to the servers, then back to the computer.

So, any program/ method/ anything I can use to transfer .pkx files to the games without external devices? And again, do I need to make anything within PKHeX to convert .pkm to .pkx, or just open them as .pkm and simply saving them as .pkx? Does the program auto-convert stuff?

I already outlined the conversion methods. Option 3 is the easiest for mass conversion, while option 2 is the quickest for singular files via drag n drop.

1) File->Open; change the extension filter to All Files (*.*) then select the pkm file.

2) Drag the PKM files into the window, then drag the PKX file out via the side panel quicksave (which is to the left of the Main Tab).

3) Alternatively, you can just import a folder via Tools -> Load/Dump Boxes, then dump them back to another folder (which will save as .pk6)

There are no other public methods to deliver pkx files besides the Cyber Save Editor.

If pokemon bank is giving you so much trouble you could always use pokegen to make you pokemon pkm files that can be added to pkhex then added in to your game, you just need the r4i save dongle to get ypur sav to pokegen and the cyber save editor/a jap copy of pokemon x/y and a jap 3ds/pokemon bank to import you pokemin in to x/y

Different hardware different specs different requirement.

At the first place, the issue is also simply, Datel doesn't accept changed saves and invalid checksum or something along those lines.

They get these questions every other day..

If they thought of a way, they would already be implementing it.

Thats a fair enough point ^^

I finally got my Cyber Editor! I think I'm getting the hang of your program (nice!)

However... I may have found a problem. I inserted the event Diancie to my Box, worked fine. However, when I thought and went to the PokeDex, the entry had the SHINY form unlocked, but not the basic! (the Diancie was definitely not Shiny, I double checked in the Box)

Gee, let me just ask my crystal ball. 3 months away, and nobody knows if a new security update will change savegame encryption.

A lot of the functions will likely be innately compatible. However, offsets will be different.

Actually. That'll be quite the interest if you could make PKHeX have support for Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire later on

Um, so, any idea why PKHeX added a Shiny Diancie and not a Normal Diancie to my Dex, when all I did was add a non-Shiny Diancie to my Box, and never touched the Pokedex settings? And can I just edit it to be correct, or is that not yet secure?

This this:

Upload to pokebank and then download it

I was looking at Chespin's in my box and I noticed that PKHex would show my L1 (just hatched) Chespin's Speed stat (IV31, EV0) as 5, but in game it shows 6. I have 19 chespins all with 31IV SPD and varying non spd affecting personalities (trying to hatch a shiny), and they all show the same thing. Not a high priority issue, but something to look at.