PKHeX Legacy Discussion

Uploaded a new version addressing awesometeemo's & someonewhodied's concerns.

Patch Notes:

- Alt clicking [Fill All] will add all of the "Encountered" flags; by default this does not happen.

- Fixed: Pokedex corruption (I hope).

I disabled the checkboxes for certain circumstances in which they shouldn't be set by the user. Once I test some more with SciresM/etc I'll be able to update those ??? and hopefully the dex editor will then be finished.

It still corrupts save file even though I manually check genderless and male/female only pokemon.

Yeah. Because some people were experiencing more problems with PKHeX. So that's why I said that

What he's saying is it's not Kaphotic's obligation to share free program to edit save file. If you want help, ask him, not state what he HAS TO do.

Oh, well there's an error with Give All that sets the disabled checkboxes (which is now fixed);

I think the error might be due to having Female portions set for genderless Pokemon, or some sort of 'complete' flag not being set.

I'll wait for SciresM to test it, and I might just end up completely replacing the user's entire Pokedex with a pre-assembled version.

I'd steer clear of the two dex altering buttons until the exact reason for the 'corruption' is found.

Hi there Kaphotics, let me first say what a great job you've done in building a gen6 pokegen. I'm just about to buy myself a japanese 3ds, game and cyber save gadget. I noticed there is now a Cyber save gadget 2 out... Will this also be compatible with your PKHeX software? Thanks

Hi there Kaphotics, let me first say what a great job you've done in building a gen6 pokegen. I'm just about to buy myself a japanese 3ds, game and cyber save gadget. I noticed there is now a Cyber save gadget 2 out... Will this also be compatible with your PKHeX software? Thanks

Cyber Save Editor is equivalent to Cyber Save Editor 2, just an updated package.

Hey there, I have downloaded this tool, but can't open my old .pkm files with it. I tried both opening them by clicking "File>Open.." and by right clicking the .pkm files themselves, then "Open with..." and selecting PKHeX. None worked. What's wrong? I want to start by converting all my files to .pkx so that I can somehow inject them to my games whenever a tool for that is released for non-japanese systems.

Hey there, I have downloaded this tool, but can't open my old .pkm files with it. I tried both opening them by clicking "File>Open.." and by right clicking the .pkm files themselves, then "Open with..." and selecting PKHeX. None worked. What's wrong? I want to start by converting all my files to .pkx so that I can somehow inject them to my games whenever a tool for that is released for non-japanese systems.
PKHeX doesn't support launch arguments besides executable names.

1) File->Open; change the extension filter to All Files (*.*) then select the pkm file.

2) Drag the PKM files into the window, then drag the PKX file out via the side panel quicksave (which is to the left of the Main Tab).

3) Alternatively, you can just import a folder via Tools -> Load/Dump Boxes, then dump them back to another folder (which will save as .pk6)

Hiya, i have a request that im sure a bunch of ppl would love

Is it possible to nmake it so that a parshaley decrypted .bin file can sav exported after its been edited

My reason being that as nice as it if to see my entire save file on pkhex, it would be even better to be able to inject it back onto cartridge

Thanx in advance hassan ali

Hiya, i have a request that im sure a bunch of ppl would love

Is it possible to make it so that a partially decrypted .bin file can sav exported after its been edited

My reason being that as nice as it if to see my entire save file on pkhex, it would be even better to be able to inject it back onto cartridge

Thanx in advance hassan ali

Every cartridge has unique encryption and signatures, so even if you had a decrypted save it would do you no good.

To insert a US save file into an initialised (but reset) Japanese cartridge, will a partially decrypted powersaves file work? Because obviously the Cyber Gadget adapter doesn't work with US cartridges so that's the only way to get it. What folder do you put the US save file into?

To insert a US save file into an initialised (but reset) Japanese cartridge, will a partially decrypted powersaves file work? Because obviously the Cyber Gadget adapter doesn't work with US cartridges so that's the only way to get it. What folder do you put the US save file into?

No, it won't work!

The program only works on Japanese carts. Unless they decide to release an international version, you cannot use it with USA, EU, AUS etc

No, it won't work!

The program only works on Japanese carts. Unless they decide to release an international version, you cannot use it with USA, EU, AUS etc

It only works with Japanese carts, but I'm talking about injecting an EU/US save file onto a Japanese cart, if for example you want your Japanese setup to be your main one instead of starting over. Obviously you won't be able to do it the other way round, but it is possible to inject a foreign save file onto a JP cart (apparently). Logically, it would be as simple as just replacing the save file in the root folder that the Cyber Gadget saves files to, and then restoring from backup, but I want to be sure.