PKHeX Legacy Discussion

08/16/14 - New Update:

- Added: Clicking the OT name with a save file will load the Country/Region/3DS Region/Language settings, but not the game.

- Added: Import Database can now import past gen files too, as they will be converted to the new PKX format.

- Fixed: Importing past gen files with party data will no longer have 'invalid checksums' or fail to load.

- Fixed: Externally edited saves with bad data are handled more efficiently (items/sprites).

- Fixed: Users entering values above a certain limit (byte values are capped at 255).

I was looking at the Project Pokemon Wondercard listing for Gen VI, and noticed that none of them have a download for PKHeX. Is this going to be changed, or is there somewhere else that Wondercard files are being stored?

@Localhorst: Try PlayAsia.com; they supply tons of Japanese games, accessories and more; I order almost everything video-game related from there (Shipping is often around $15, but is 1-2 day shipping, so I usually try to order several items together to save on the cost).

I ended up ordering my Cyber Editor from Amazon.com though, because of free shipping (almost a month delivery time though...).

Does anyone know a site shipping the cybergadget worldwide? Only found it on japanese amazon, which does not ship that item outside japan.

See below.

for everyone who keeps asking the same thing over and over, this is what you need to get pokemon onto your version of the game, USA, EU, AUS whatever:

1. Japanese version of Pokemon X/Y with a save that has the Pokedex

2. Japanese 3DS (only if the used cart doesn't have a save file with the Pokedex)

3. Cyber Gadget 3DS. You can buy one from here. This is where I got my one :http://www.play-asia.com/cyber-save-editor-for-3ds-paOS-13-49-en-70-6ltl.html

4. Pokebank on your region 3DS.

Ok, make sure the Japanese game has been played and has received the pokedex. If you buy a used version that has a deleted save, you cannot use the cart with Cyber Gadget, which is where the Japanese 3ds comes in handy.

Plug the used save into the cyber gadget and use the instructions as outlayed previously.

Once you have edited your Jap. Save, plug the cart into your region 3DS and load up Pokebank. Copy the edited pokemon onto the bank sever and then you can put the pokemon onto your own region cart.

I live in the UK and can easily use the save editor to get my pokemon. Pretty sure Kaphotics made a video on how to use it.

EDIT: Here is Kaphotics video tutorial:

I was looking at the Project Pokemon Wondercard listing for Gen VI, and noticed that none of them have a download for PKHeX. Is this going to be changed, or is there somewhere else that Wondercard files are being stored?

@Localhorst: Try PlayAsia.com; they supply tons of Japanese games, accessories and more; I order almost everything video-game related from there (Shipping is often around $15, but is 1-2 day shipping, so I usually try to order several items together to save on the cost).

I ended up ordering my Cyber Editor from Amazon.com though, because of free shipping (almost a month delivery time though...).

They haven't been aggregated due to there being no injection method up until this month. There might be one in the future, but there's downloadable wc6's in the Event Contribution Thread.

So does anyone know why this Mega Gengar seems to have an alternate colour scheme? Is it possible there is data for unused sprites still leftover in the game? He used PKHeX. It's only on the status screen and not in battle which suggests it didn't get as far as the 3D model stage

So does anyone know why this Mega Gengar seems to have an alternate colour scheme? Is it possible there is data for unused sprites still leftover in the game? He used PKHeX. It's only on the status screen and not in battle which suggests it didn't get as far as the 3D model stage

Because Megas aren't supposed to be viewable in that manner; viewing in the box / party causes this particular model's effects to screw up.

Kaphotics, changing the amount of nice received doesn't seem to do anything, same for link battles, unless I'm doing something wrong which I suspect I may be.

Any suggestions?

Also, any chance you will be updating the pokedex feature to give all/fill pokedex?

Thanks mate.

Hi sorry if this has been asked before but I like to know wheres a good site to buy imported copies of a Japanese 3DS and a japanese version of X/Y with a decent price? I'm willing to invest my money to try out genning pokemons for this gen (within limits ofcourse, I wouldn't want to ruin WiFi battles).

Hi sorry if this has been asked before but I like to know wheres a good site to buy imported copies of a Japanese 3DS and a japanese version of X/Y with a decent price? I'm willing to invest my money to try out genning pokemons for this gen (within limits ofcourse, I wouldn't want to ruin WiFi battles).

Ebay, Amazon

Wow... people are never going to stop asking stupid questions...

Getting Cyber Editor: E-bay, Amazon, PlayAsia. They are ALL about the same price (E-bay tends to be a bit higher though, due to the whole being E-bay thing) [i bought mine on Amazon for the same price as I would have from PlayAsia (where I get most of my imports) but with free shipping]

Getting a started Japanese-ver. Pokemon X/Y game: Basically, E-bay. The keyword is "Used". If it's not, sucks to be you, get a Japanese 3DS as well, and just start learning Japanese so you can import all the games earlier and even ones that won't ever leave Japan.

This has only been answered... WAY TOO MANY TIMES! Learn to actually USE the search option in a thread, or even read the posts as few as one page back! These same questions are asked every page, constantly, with the SAME ANSWERS.

Edit: Yeah, no kidding. Worst part is: This very statement answering those questions, like all the other past answers, will in a mere couple posts be buried in the depths of only a few posts too far back for "people too lazy to do it the right way and wanting their cheap easy way to just cheat their way through life" to merely do a teeny bit of work and hit the page button to find what they want instead of just cluttering something that should be more of a real help/advancement thread.

Getting Cyber Editor: E-bay, Amazon, PlayAsia. They are ALL about the same price (E-bay tends to be a bit higher though, due to the whole being E-bay thing) [i bought mine on Amazon for the same price as I would have from PlayAsia (where I get most of my imports) but with free shipping]

Getting a started Japanese-ver. Pokemon X/Y game: Basically, E-bay. The keyword is "Used". If it's not, sucks to be you, get a Japanese 3DS as well, and just start learning Japanese so you can import all the games earlier and even ones that won't ever leave Japan.

This has only been answered... WAY TOO MANY TIMES! Learn to actually USE the search option in a thread, or even read the posts as few as one page back! These same questions are asked every page, constantly, with the SAME ANSWERS.

This. A lot of these questions aren't smart nor original.

Is anyone else having trouble when setting the level of a pokemon? Every one I make instantly turns to level 100, even when I change it back, the total EXP amount automatically sets to the maximum level, thus are level 100 when the game loads up.

Any suggestions?

Edit: Yeah, no kidding. Worst part is: This very statement answering those questions, like all the other past answers, will in a mere couple posts be buried in the depths of only a few posts too far back for "people too lazy to do it the right way and wanting their cheap easy way to just cheat their way through life" to merely do a teeny bit of work and hit the page button to find what they want instead of just cluttering something that should be more of a real help/advancement thread.

I know that obviously they're sold out of v1 of Cyber on play-asia.com and still have v2.

Is anyone else having trouble when setting the level of a pokemon? Every one I make instantly turns to level 100, even when I change it back, the total EXP amount automatically sets to the maximum level, thus are level 100 when the game loads up.

Any suggestions?

I don't have any helpful suggestions, but the thing you described in your post is exactly the same problem I am having. Whenever I set the level of a pokemon in PKHeX, the experience automatically is set to what it would be at level 100, even if I put it at anything not 100. Hopefully this can get fixed soon. What you will have to do for now is manually set the experience points so it matches the level you want until it gets fixed.

Any suggestions?

Set your pokemon's species again after setting the level.

08/18/14 - New Update:

- Added: Import Database will now add the Pokedex entries for the data you load.

- Added: Pokedex Give All Entries added (Fill Dex gives everything, Give All gives all for the specific species).

- Fixed: Level 100 glitching fixed.

- Removed: Backup (.bak) saving when replacing the Cyber Save file "main".

Kaphotics has to update PKHeX a little bit more. So the editor won't cause any more problems for some of you

Kaphotics has to update? Try to write better next time... He updates because he wants, not because he has to.

Anyway, I want to say I am really disappointed with the stupid datel guys. I know it is a bit off topic, but not everyone can spend so many bucks... Now you need another retail cartridge, the cyber gadget save editor, and if you are unlucky and get a resetted cartridge even a jap 3ds... It would be very easy if the stupid datel guys just give the option to resign sav backups edited with pkhex...

For me and for a lot of people it is too expensive and something we can't do. I hope someone in datel use their brain or a new solution appears...