PKHeX Legacy Discussion

An auto update feature would have been cool, but its not a necessity.

I agree with jairesuicune, it is tiresome reading the same things over and over when they have been answered countless times, but whatever.

Glad the anti-hack abilities are working. I never tried to make an illegal pokemon like Lopunny (gbatemp) did, i.e houndoom with parental bond, so I didn't know if the feature was implemented or not.

Thanks for the all the work you guys have done / are doing.

Hey Kaphotics, first of all I'd like to say thank you for making such a useful tool for the pokemon community. PkHex looks absolutely awesome, and I'd love to use it, but for some reason I can't get it to work. I've tried downloading your recent version you released yesterday (August 10th) as well as one from July from another thread that had a large pack of hack tools in it. Both had the same results. Downloading, unzipping folders was fine, but no matter run by administrator or not I get the same error message of: "The Program failed to initialize and has to close." every time. I have tried everything that I could find on google searching to solve this problem, including updating the security to allow everything of all users in my system 32 and dll files access to anything on my computer, running a malware/ spyware check, as well as installing various other programs to see if anything else produced the same issue, but only PkHex did. I have a top of the line MacBook Pro that's barely a year old, running the latest parallels software with windows xp professional service pack 3. I have never had any issues with it being able to run any other programs before, downloaded or not, or old or new programs. For example I play a lot of games through steam on my windows xp, like The Last Remnant, ect... as well as run plenty of hacking tools and editing suites for various video game platforms with no problems. So it doesn't make much sense to me for it to be a compatibility or hardware issue. Please let me know if you need any more information I may have left out. I would really appreciate any help with this, also considering that after I discovered this method of hacking pokemon X & Y with the use of the cyber 3ds save device I got very excited and kinda jumped the gun and already ordered a used Japanese Y version and a brand new cyber 3ds save device. x) Which if for some reason this can't work on my computer setup I have friends that have newer windows operating systems on a typical 1 os computer, but obviously if that could be helped that would be more than awesome! Thank you for taking the time to read this, I look forward to hearing from you and hope you have a great day!

I don't know what the problem is but every time I uploaded a save/edited save by PKHex it's always corrupts my file, it only happens just right now, yesterday it was working just fine. My Cyber Gadget is working fine too, can upload codes.. restore back ups etc, only with PKHex.. Does anyone having the same problem?

First at all,thank you for making this wonderful tool.But I hope you could remove some of restriction like ability and total effort value.I think the game already has some ways to prevent illegal pokemons from internet,and I want to have some overpower pokemons to play the storyline.

First at all,thank you for making this wonderful tool.But I hope you could remove some of restriction like ability and total effort value.I think the game already has some ways to prevent illegal pokemons from internet,and I want to have some overpower pokemons to play the storyline.

You can do it by yourself just downloading source code, change the Ability List to support every ability.

Kaphotics stated he wont remove those restrictions to prevent illegal pkm, but you have the source code to do it by yourself.

08/13/14 - New Update:

- Added: Control Clicking of the [Open Temp 3DSSE] button will open the Cache folder instead.

- Fixed: Clicking the [Open Temp 3DSSE] button will now open the Temp/Root folder if it exists (instead of Documents).

- Fixed: Setting Pokemon outside of the Party will now add their entries to the Pokedex.

- Fixed: Kalos entries erroring out with the Pokedex editor.

You can do it by yourself just downloading source code, change the Ability List to support every ability.

Kaphotics stated he wont remove those restrictions to prevent illegal pkm, but you have the source code to do it by yourself.

I'm sorry for asking repeatedly.I also found it in patch notes.

I have tried that,but I only have ability to increase the limit of total effort value and create a list of ability to choose.Although there's a full list,I still cannot select abilities except the first three.or could you give me some hints?

Anyway,still thank you very much,it doesn't matter.

I'm sorry for asking repeatedly.I also found it in patch notes.

I have tried that,but I only have ability to increase the limit of total effort value and create a list of ability to choose.Although there's a full list,I still cannot select abilities except the first three.or could you give me some hints?

Anyway,still thank you very much,it doesn't matter.

You can change the Ability here:

pkx[0x14] = (byte)getAbility();

Just need to replace getAbility with the id number of the Ability, or make a function that returns a int.

So as long as you keep the Pokemon with legit moves,stats, etc they will be able to be traded over Wi-Fi still?

Also, is there any way this method can be patched, or will be?

Duh, just don't be deceiving when trading unaware users.

It's a savedata edit, no way to patch it.

Great as usual Kaphotics.

Just one question. Can you implement any of these features: change playtime in the trainer profile section, change how many eggs have been hatched, Change how many 'Nice' you have received or one to have all the clothes?

They're trivial little things, but every little helps.

Thanks mate.

Great as usual Kaphotics.

Just one question. Can you implement any of these features: change playtime in the trainer profile section, change how many eggs have been hatched, Change how many 'Nice' you have received or one to have all the clothes?

They're trivial little things, but every little helps.

Thanks mate.

Playtime editing was added (but not noted in the latest changelog), eggs hatched and nice! were already added (under Stats in Trainer Info).

As for clothes, meh. Someone can easily make a code.

I've got a Japanese 3DS and copy of Pokémon X, and I've just bought a second hand Cyber Gadget Save Editor on eBay. It's been paid for and shipped but I've just noticed that it doesn't come with the USB cable, because the previous owner lost it. Is it a micro USB? Or any other kind of universal cable? Or am I going to have to try and buy one from the company?

For anyone else who struggled with perma-megas (doesn't seem like anyone here had any trouble with it so far, but just in case), it only works when you set the mega-pokemon into one of your PC Boxes (as shown in Kaphotics' video). If you try setting it in your party, the game simply converts it to its normal form. However, you can take it out of the box into your party and it will still retain its mega form. At least this is true from my experience, if anyone else can confirm.

Hi, this seems amazing, but I'm just wondering, and it's probably a very dumb question, but is this possible on a European 3DS and a European game? It's probably not and already answered, but I want to be sure. I'm sorry if this question makes you facepalm, but I really want to know.

Hi, this seems amazing, but I'm just wondering, and it's probably a very dumb question, but is this possible on a European 3DS and a European game? It's probably not and already answered, but I want to be sure. I'm sorry if this question makes you facepalm, but I really want to know.

You need a used Japanese cart at the very least.

If you buy a new a Japanese cart, you will need to have a Japanese unit to initialize the save.

Suggestion:

1. A set file trainer as OT for pokemon.

2. A way to save trainer "profiles". (Game(X/Y), Gender, ID, SID, language, Region, subregion, 3DS region) and "quick load" those when setting those fields while editing pokemon.

Clicking the OT label will set the save file trainer as the OT or latest handler (depending on what was clicked).

I guess I can add to the OT setting for the Language/Region/Sub/3DS, but the profiles won't happen.