PKHeX Legacy Discussion

I'm not sure where to ask this but. Do you know where I can get a used japan x or y that FOR SURE has the pokedex already? And I have pokemon x so does it matter what version I get in Japanese? Also so for this question I don't know where to go.

Getting one that for sure has the pokedex probably isn't gonna happen. Kaphotics has said that he will be updating PKHeX to allow for pokedex editing so that should probably solve your problem (you can edit the Japanese save file without having to know any Japanese).

It doesn't matter whether you get X or Y if you're intending to use Bank.

Getting one that for sure has the pokedex probably isn't gonna happen. Kaphotics has said that he will be updating PKHeX to allow for pokedex editing so that should probably solve your problem (you can edit the Japanese save file without having to know any Japanese).

It doesn't matter whether you get X or Y if you're intending to use Bank.

I don't actually think you can edit the save before you've hit the main menu on a JP console...

You need to initialize the cartridge first, in order for the Cyber Save Editor to decrypt your savedata.

You need the Pokedex ingame in order for the savedata to be compatible with Bank. You can always restore another save file from someone else instead.

PKHeX's Pokedex editor doesn't enable the Pokedex, it only adds languages/entries.

You need to initialize the cartridge first, in order for the Cyber Save Editor to decrypt your savedata.

You need the Pokedex ingame in order for the savedata to be compatible with Bank.

PKHeX's Pokedex editor doesn't enable the Pokedex, it only adds languages/entries.

Initialize the cartridge? What does that mean?

I still don't know what you are trying to say. But I do understand that the cartridge must have a pokedex for the save editor to read it and to use it with bank without having a JP 3ds.

Edit: Also is there anywhere where I can buy the cyber save editor 3ds for cheaper? I looked on amazon and its $83.64 and that is really expensive for that. Please help?

Edited by PlatinumXvenom

08/10/14 - New Update:

- Added: Pokedex editing

- Added: Setting a Pokemon into a slot will add the Pokedex entry if it hasn't been, additionally for that language.

- Added: Pokedex obtained flag. (Bank compatibility)

edit: minor update - added the language entry

Edited by Kaphotics

Wait so if I use the bank method, like have a JP x or y used ( that has obtained the Pokedex) , Save editor, PkHex, but not a JP 3ds instead a US one will it still work? Because remember games are region locked and you would be putting a JP game In a US console. Some one Is telling me it wont work, is this true?

Wait so if I use the bank method, like have a JP x or y used ( that has obtained the Pokedex) , Save editor, PkHex, but not a JP 3ds instead a US one will it still work? Because remember games are region locked and you would be putting a JP game In a US console. Some one Is telling me it wont work, is this true?

Dude, the answer to this question hasn't changed since the last time you asked it and it was answered on the last page in post #391.

I hate to be rude, but some of you seriously need to take time to read the answers that we all are providing you instead of asking the same question 3 times.

Watch the video that Kaphotics made. The reason why he made the video was because we have been getting the same questions now for a week and a half, and they have been repeatedly answered. You've been asking the same questions now for the last several pages over the last several days, so just please watch that video. Somebody even gave you a link to it. It case you don't know where to find it, look at the very first post by Kaphotics.

Will the device be future proof? Probably, but who knows. The sun may go nova several million years from now or it may go nova in 30 minutes. You buy this device with the risk that it will become obsolete yesterday. That is the chance you take when buying these devices. Nobody can guarantee you anything other than it currently works on X/Y Japanese carts. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yea I watched the video several times and still have questions. And he didn't do the bank method so yea.

But you have been told repeatedly about the Bank method for days including what is needed, what isn't needed, and how to do it. The last time was yesterday in the post that I referred you to. Here are the posts where you have had this answered:

386, 388, 391

These are in addition to the other posts asking the same thing. In one of these posts, Kaphotics himself even told you everything. What more do you want?

Wait so if I used the bank method I wont be able to transfer say a zygarde with thousand arrows or a moonblast greninja?

P.s the stuff about the sun was deep

If you do not want to buy a Japanese 3DS, then the Japanese X/Y that you purchase must have at least been played to the select language screen. If you choose this route, then you can only transfer stuff through Bank to your other carts; this means no items or save edits... only Pokemon.

Please stop posting. Your question has been answered repeatedly.

I still don't know what you are trying to say. But I do understand that the cartridge must have a pokedex for the save editor to read it and to use it with bank without having a JP 3ds.

Edit: Also is there anywhere where I can buy the cyber save editor 3ds for cheaper? I looked on amazon and its $83.64 and that is really expensive for that. Please help?

I answered this in one of my previous posts. You can buy one from here: http://www.play-asia.com/cyber-save-editor-for-3ds-paOS-13-49-en-70-6ltl.html

Edited by codem8kr
correct link.

Hurrah for anti-hack, Kaphotics! I applaud loudly.

I do wonder (I know I asked this before...): Is there going to be an auto-update for the program added soon, so don't have to come back each time for the latest revision? (Not that I don't like this thread; it's hilariously annoying to see a bunch of hacker-wannabe's who can't grasp the most basic ideas of this stuff)

Hurrah for anti-hack, Kaphotics! I applaud loudly.

I do wonder (I know I asked this before...): Is there going to be an auto-update for the program added soon, so don't have to come back each time for the latest revision? (Not that I don't like this thread; it's hilariously annoying to see a bunch of hacker-wannabe's who can't grasp the most basic ideas of this stuff)

Probably won't happen, as this was the last update for the foreseeable future (sans any bugs). Everything that is useful to edit can be edited... so there is no need for updates.

The OP link will always have the date revision and I'm too lazy/uneducated to implement an auto-update feature. The code is still open source so anyone can add it ;) ;)