PKHeX Legacy Discussion

I would like to know the answer to that question to. And another thin I have a small problem, the cyber gadget is only in Japanese, is there a way to change it to English?

There is a custom program written by a ProjectPokemon member. That's in English.

There is a custom program written by a ProjectPokemon member. That's in English.

So would I be able to get the cyber gadget and JP x or y and know what I'm doing? Is the custom program just to translate or is it like cyber gadget? Please leave more details because I am really curious.

So I live in the United States. And I was wondering if I could still do all this? Would I just have to get the Cyber gadget, a Japan version of pokemon x or y and the alternate program thingy, and also PkHex to generate the pokemon? Again I just want to put pokemon in my game. Perma-megas and volcanion and hoopa. Is this possible for me?

for everyone who keeps asking the same thing over and over, this is what you need to get pokemon onto your version of the game, USA, EU, AUS whatever:

1. Japanese version of Pokemon X/Y with a save that has the Pokedex

2. Japanese 3DS (only if the used cart doesn't have a save file with the Pokedex)

3. Cyber Gadget 3DS. You can buy one from here. This is where I got my one :http://www.play-asia.com/cyber-save-editor-for-3ds-paOS-13-49-en-70-6ltl.html

4. Pokebank on your region 3DS.

Ok, make sure the Japanese game has been played and has received the pokedex. If you buy a used version that has a deleted save, you cannot use the cart with Cyber Gadget, which is where the Japanese 3ds comes in handy.

Plug the used save into the cyber gadget and use the instructions as outlayed previously.

Once you have edited your Jap. Save, plug the cart into your region 3DS and load up Pokebank. Copy the edited pokemon onto the bank sever and then you can put the pokemon onto your own region cart.

I live in the UK and can easily use the save editor to get my pokemon. Pretty sure Kaphotics made a video on how to use it.

EDIT: Here is Kaphotics video tutorial:

Edited by codem8kr
added in Kaphotics tutorial video

for everyone who keeps asking the same thing over and over, this is what you need to get pokemon onto your version of the game, USA, EU, AUS whatever:

2. Japanese 3DS (only if the used cart doesn't have a save file with the Pokedex)

3. Cyber Gadget 3DS. You can buy one from here. This is where I got my one :http://www.play-asia.com/cyber-save-editor-for-3ds-paOS-13-49-en-70-6ltl.html

Ok, make sure the Japanese game has been played and has received the pokedex. If you buy a used version that has a deleted save, you cannot use the cart with Cyber Gadget, which is where the Japanese 3ds comes in handy.

Plug the used save into the cyber gadget and use the instructions as outlayed previously.

Once you have edited your Jap. Save, plug the cart into your region 3DS and load up Pokebank. Copy the edited pokemon onto the bank sever and then you can put the pokemon onto your own region cart.

I live in the UK and can easily use the save editor to get my pokemon. Pretty sure Kaphotics made a video on how to use it.

So IF I have a used japan x or y I don't need the japan 3ds? And also I have x so do I have to get another

pokemon x, japan version?

So IF I have a used japan x or y I don't need the japan 3ds? And also I have x so do I have to get another

pokemon x, japan version?

Read posts from a couple pages back. You are not asking unique questions.

Keep all Cyber Gadget Save Editor questions to its thread, not PKHeX.

You can only use just a JP Cart only if:

1) you have the cyber save editor device

2) have bank

3) the JP cart has the Pokedex in order to use bank.

You will only be able to insert Pokemon to be transferred to your other games via bank; ie no items.

I'll be posting a new version of PKHeX tomorrow which will have Pokedex editing enabled, in addition to adding a dex entry when you add a new Pokemon in to your boxes/party.

Is it true this method wont work because the 3ds are region locked? Since you need a JP x or y and it wont work because you don't have the japan 3ds? Like it wont work when you are trying to transfer the Pokémon to bank because of region locked and it wont recognize?

Like it wont work when you are trying to transfer the Pokémon to bank because of region locked and it wont recognize?

Pokemon Bank works with any copy of X/Y, regardless of its region. So you can use Pokemon Bank to access a japanese X/Y cartridge on a non-japanese 3ds.

That is the best news I heard all day :). I have a question for the person that made Pkhex. I was watching a video about PkHex and what does the Passerby and super train buttons do? Im sorry if they do something obvious and I sound dumb. I was just wondering. And are you 100% sure I can use bank with a JAPAN x or y on a US 3ds?

That is the best news I heard all day :). I have a question for the person that made Pkhex. I was watching a video about PkHex and what does the Passerby and super train buttons do? Im sorry if they do something obvious and I sound dumb. I was just wondering. And are you 100% sure I can use bank with a JAPAN x or y on a US 3ds?

The buttons edit/view certain save-related data. If you have a save file you can see the data.

there's no more need for trashbyte? (ex: ffff/0000/0000/ffff)

There is no need for trash bytes, as they no longer exist (and are removed from transferred Pokemon).

Thank you. And just to be clear I CAN us a United States 3ds and use a Japan version of x and y to transfer the Pokémon to bank and it WILL work? I'm going to be super excited if it does, this technology is amazing.

Yes, you can use Jap. X/Y to transfer pokemon via bank on a US 3DS.

Hi all.

First thanks to Kaphotics and others for their hard work !!

Sorry if the question has already been asked (I 've tried to read most of posts but there are many ) but is it really need a Japanese card or a EU card with a save started in Japanese language can work?

Sorry for my poor English

lacrima08

Hi all.

First thanks to Kaphotics and others for their hard work !!

Sorry if the question has already been asked but is it really need a Japanese card or a EU card with a save started in Japanese language can work?

Sorry for my poor English

lacrima08

It needs to be from Japan. It could be a Japanese game started in English, but not the other way around.