PKHeX Legacy Discussion

It that PKHeX support to R4i Save Dongle ?

If by support you mean using the edited save...

PKXs and edited SAVs CAN be injected into your game ONLY if you are using the Cyber Save Editor & Dongle and a JP Cart+System... no Gateway / Powersaves.

If i use R4i Save Dongle to backup save file to computer , it can edit with PKHeX?

Short answer:

Just No.

Pokemon XY has been around for a good 9 months now.

You can't be the only person in the whole world who thought of this, right?

Long answer:

Why don't you try backing it up and then examine the backed up file with any normal hex editor? ;P

How do you open .bin files in PKHeX. It always says Unsupported size/file. I use my Powersave backups. Please help

You have to decrypt it properly, which includes removing the Powersaves header.

You still can't inject by editing Powersaves; it's read only. You can still create Cyber Gadget codes, however.

07/31/14 - New Update:

- Added: Code Generator now displays how many lines there are if the split checkbox is set.

- Added: Translation text for Item Pouches

- Added: Translation text for Pokepuffs

- Added: Super Training Records / Training Bag Editor

- Changed: UI is 20 pixels wider.

- Moved: Passerby & Hall of Fame Buttons are now beneath the Box Tab Control.

- Added: Event Flag editor now is much more functional. Can do a diff of two saves to figure out what flags were set/unset, for research purposes.

- Added: Mewtwo Rebattle Flag Toggles. If captured is set, he won't respawn if you beat the E4. If defeated is set, he won't be present unless respawned.

- Changed: Can no longer set an egg into the first Party Slot. This is to prevent players from entering battles with no valid Pokemon.

- Added: Image Layering to display Held Items for Party/Box/etc slots.

08/01/14 - New Update:

- Added: Spanish translation (beta) -- thanks Glitch!

- Added: Zygarde Rebattle Flags.

- Added: Detecting/Browser opening of Cyber Gadget data folder if it exists. Access via Tools->Open Temp 3DSSE.

- Changed: Initial save/open directory will be the Cyber Gadget temp folder if it exists.

- Suggested: Instead of generating codes, export your save and use a modded version of the Cyber Gadget executable. Overwrite the main file when prompted.

Perhaps you can look into activating "3rd option of friend safari".

After all, some people just never come online and complete the game ><

(I myself don't have JPN game and CG; just thought it's interesting)

Nobody knows how the numbers translate into friend safari content. If it's just a "Beaten E4 Flag" it should be easy to figure out.

0x23000 (full save) or 0x1DC00 for a Cyber SAV.

Is there somewhere to just get the Cyber program? I have everything else I need... (thanks to Powersaves and only importing games)

This looks to be amazing! Thanks for the work!

Once I get to start using this, I hope I can provide useful testing, like I did with PokeGen (not that I was any major contributor... -_-; )

Here:

08/02/14 - New Update

- Added: Box Backgrounds now appear.

- Changed: Selection colors (View/Set/Delete) are now semi-transparent backgrounds.

- Fixed: Venonat's background not being transparent.

- Fixed: Cyber SAV opening/saving will actually find the folder if it exists.

- Added: Active Super Training Bag & Hits Remaining can be changed in the Ribbon/Medal Editor. 0x16&0x17 Extra Bytes have been removed from the list.

- Added: Box Background Selection in [box Layout].

Please keep all posts directly about PKHeX. Any questions regarding CyberGadget, PowerSaves, or any other way of getting your save file off of or back on your retail or eShop game should go elsewhere (like the Save Edting Help forum).

For help with CyberGadget, direct your questions to the CyberGadget Help thread (where some of your posts have already been relocated). Any further posts in this thread that are not directly about PKHeX will be deleted.

Thank you!

I found out that some non-shiny Pokemons from previous gens become shiny after importing to PKHeX. They actually appear to be non-shiny in PKHeX but they become shiny in the game. Here is a sample of non-shiny Arceus which becomes shiny after loading the game.

This shouldn't be happening.

Kaph, did you create two shiny determination routines?

Shiny mechanics in XY changed, so some old PIDs that falls into the expanded range will turn shiny.

The game prevents that by checking the Origin (basically non-kalos), then determining if it's shiny using the old range.

[Note: I haven't checked the PIDs against TID/SID Awesometeemo provided.

I'm just pointing this out, if it's indeed a software issue.

I originally hoped that GF forgot to include a different check for SV range for non-kalos, but they did)

EDIT:

The ID and SID is 0, PID is 8.

The SV is 8, which isn't shiny in < X&Y, but 8 would have been shiny in X&Y, if originated in Kalos.

EDIT again.:

After reading through again, I noticed you said They actually appear to be non-shiny in PKHeX but they become shiny in the game.

Mind showing a picture of the Arceus on your XY?

My main focus is if the Kalos mark shows, or anything..

This shouldn't be happening.

My main focus is if the Kalos mark shows, or anything..

It's actually not 2 detection routines, it's actually a hard-coded XOR < 16 which determines shiny in X/Y. The way they prevent 8 <= XOR < 16 from happening for transferred things is to modify the PID when it is transferred. The next version already has this fixed, along with other various program improvements... will probably be up later today :P

You can check out the source to see what the alteration is :)

It's actually not 2 detection routines, it's actually a hard-coded XOR < 16 which determines shiny in X/Y. The way they prevent 8 <= XOR < 16 from happening for transferred things is to modify the PID when it is transferred. The next version already has this fixed, along with other various program improvements... will probably be up later today :P

You can check out the source to see what the alteration is :)

Didn't realize they changed the PID.

(I assumed it was a separate routine because.. well, I didn't check the PID XDD)

At least we have that settled ><

I have a suggestion. What about the ability to import/export character data from saves to share between games.

The trainer information itself is scattered throughout the save, so it's best to just share saves and import the box data from another.

You can save all Pokemon in the boxes to PKHeX's DB or an external folder, then load them into another save.

This is great news and we are making some excellent progress! I'm so glad there is finally a public method of injection, but I have a few questions and concerns. I have been messing around with the CyberGadget Save Editor and have noticed a minutiae regarding hidden ability pokemon. When I open PKHeX and read the Japanese "main" file, I noticed that some of the Speed Boost Venipedes I hatched have a value of 0 on the 0x16 byte. I thought this byte would be 1 because isn't that what happens with Pokemon that are transferred to X and Y from Black/White (2)? Does this mean that this value for Kalos-born Pokemon is 0 even for hidden ability Pokemon, or is this byte unrelated to the "Dream World" value of 1 from 5th Gen?

I am also wondering if anybody in the Research & Development community is continuing the work on decrypting the AES-MAC encryption even after the discovery of this injection method. I say this because, looking back at the closing of Wi-fi services in the past (not just for Nintendo, but in general the closing of online services) there is the possibility in the foreseeable future that something may go wrong with CyberGadget's servers, either due to newer generation games making X/Y obsolete or what have you. Since the Cyber method requires sending data to a server to be decrypted, this may not be as reliable as an offline service that may be developed. Just yesterday morning for example, I believe I may have had some problems connecting to their server.

This is great news and we are making some excellent progress! I'm so glad there is finally a public method of injection, but I have a few questions and concerns. I have been messing around with the CyberGadget Save Editor and have noticed a minutiae regarding hidden ability pokemon. When I open PKHeX and read the Japanese "main" file, I noticed that some of the Speed Boost Venipedes I hatched have a value of 0 on the 0x16 byte. I thought this byte would be 1 because isn't that what happens with Pokemon that are transferred to X and Y from Black/White (2)? Does this mean that this value for Kalos-born Pokemon is 0 even for hidden ability Pokemon, or is this byte unrelated to the "Dream World" value of 1 from 5th Gen?

I am also wondering if anybody in the Research & Development community is continuing the work on decrypting the AES-MAC encryption even after the discovery of this injection method. I say this because, looking back at the closing of Wi-fi services in the past (not just for Nintendo, but in general the closing of online services) there is the possibility in the foreseeable future that something may go wrong with CyberGadget's servers, either due to newer generation games making X/Y obsolete or what have you. Since the Cyber method requires sending data to a server to be decrypted, this may not be as reliable as an offline service that may be developed. Just yesterday morning for example, I believe I may have had some problems connecting to their server.

If you're staying up to date with the program, the last version released doesn't have an option to set/view the 0x16/0x17 extra bytes. This is because we found out what they do in-game, and it has nothing to do with hidden ability. It's training bag-hits/bag-type; if you want to change them, it's in the Ribbons/Medals editor. PKHeX handles all flags and stuff, so nothing like PokeGen's extra byte 0x42 is required.

Decrypting & AESMAC is related to the 3DS's AES Engine, which can't be cracked unless the keys are dumped via a dump of the bootrom. Cyber had maintenance yesterday.

08/05/14 - New Update:

- Added: Item Sprites now appear instead of the held item icon.

- Added: Many Event Flags (Zygarde Rebattle, Maison Statue/Trophy, Super Unlocks).

- Added: Trainer Stat editing ("Nice! Received, Eggs Hatched etc).

- - Only a few have been identified, but all can be viewed/changed. If you can identify what a certain stat offset keeps track of, let me know!

- Fixed: Color blending of sprites

- Fixed: Importing Pokemon with a rare combination of PID/ID.

- Changed: Egg contents should be a little more visible.

- Changed: EC can be 0 again; Code Generator logic improved to account for this.