PKHeX Legacy Discussion

07/26/14 - New Update (2):

• Added: Trainer Info now displays BP and PokeMiles
  • Changed: Badges/Streak/MXYZ/BP/PM can now be edited/saved.
  • Added: Can now write to party Pokemon.
  • Changed: Item Editing will now display alphabetically sorted item text for the current language.
  • Changed: Code Generator simplified; for now only CyberGadget saves are supported.
    • Load a save, make your edits, then press [Create Diff].
    • Click Copy, and you can Paste the code alterations into the CyberGadget tool.

07/26/14 - New Update:

• Added Decrypted Cyber Gadget save loading/saving support.
    • Decrypted saves are stored in:
      • In Command Prompt, type "echo %TEMP%".
      • Win7 - C:\[uSER]\AppData\Local\Temp\3DSSE\root\
      • XP - C:\Documents and Settings\[uSERNAME]\Local Settings\Temp\3DSSE\root\
      • If not, just look around for your Temp folder.

s0aH7ni.jpg

I have my Cyber Save Editor on order so I don't have it yet (sorry to ask now vs just waiting until it comes in.)

I have what is probably a stupid question, but does the device already decrypt and store the save in the temp folder so we can just load it into PKHeX, or do we still have to break the encryption like we did with Powersaves first?

I have my Cyber Save Editor on order so I don't have it yet (sorry to ask now vs just waiting until it comes in.)

I have what is probably a stupid question, but does the device already decrypt and store the save in the temp folder so we can just load it into PKHeX, or do we still have to break the encryption like we did with Powersaves first?

They store them decrypted in the folder when you use Advanced Edit mode.

Reportedly the device only supports JP cartridges. Dunno if that can be circumvented.

Thanks for answering my question and for the work that you have put into PKHeX.

My Japanese collection of game carts is small compared to my US one, but if there is anything that you guys may need in order to do more experiments with the device, I can try to contribute whatever you may need in order to help (but I will say that I'm not a hacker by any stretch of the imagination.) It is supposed to be here this coming week if the shipping estimates are accurate.

It was reported (in IRC) that the dongle won't read non-JP carts.

07/27/14 - New Update:

• Added: Japanese translation for the main editing UI.
  • Added: O-Power editor (very rough)
  • Added: Some stability improvements to prevent the program from misbehaving if the user does stuff incorrectly.

07/27/14 (2) - New Update:

• Added: Style (0-255) to Trainer Info editing.

Edited by Kaphotics

Are you now able to Import a .pk6 files now? I currently have a powersaves device. Would it still work if I use this device?

You can inject .pk6 files now. Cyber Gadget is its own device separate from Powersaves, and you currently need a JP 3DS & JP X/Y to use it.

mega diancie is enabled in pkhex

is it actually in pkm xy?

No; it was enabled to try and upload stuff to Bank.

Inject -> Don't load save ingame -> Load Bank -> Megas should appear. If the ORAS content is added to Bank (probably won't work, since the app needs to update).

I'm just leaving it in for now.

And What about the ones with Powersaves? :( I can't wait to Inject My Own Pokémon!!!!!

This tool does not support editing of Powersave files, only viewing of decrypted ones.

Try to refrain from whining about what other tools don't let you do, as those complaints should be expressed to Datel and not to this thread.

07/28/14 - New Update:

• Added: Checkbox to enable/disable the Code Segment separation to indicate Simple Editor's 128 code line limit.
  • Added: (Beta) Pokedex viewer.
  • Added: MAX O-Power editing - still not sure on what the exact Names of each one are.
  • Changed: Trainer UI to allow for future updates. Style now is capped at 255 (the max)
  • Changed: Encryption Constants can no longer be 0; now shared codes should no longer cause Bad Eggs to appear.
  • Fixed: Pokemiles and BP now save properly.
  • Fixed: Code generator will no longer return a "null" error for a blank textbox if you press copy; instead a Message Box will tell you what you did wrong.
  • Removed: ORAS Megas aren't in X/Y nor will they be recognized by PokeBank.

Hello, sorry, I'm kinda new overhere and this topic is something I've been researching (or kinda)

It's too much to read atm, so I will ask politely:

I have a cartridge of pkm Y, can I check if any of my eggs is shiny or not?... so i just hatch it?...

If I can, how can I achieve that?...

Thanks.

Hello, sorry, I'm kinda new overhere and this topic is something I've been researching (or kinda)

It's too much to read atm, so I will ask politely:

I have a cartridge of pkm Y, can I check if any of my eggs is shiny or not?... so i just hatch it?...

If I can, how can I achieve that?...

Thanks.

Use KeySAV2.

That would be the fastest way to check.

@Kaphotics

Any quickstart guide, I'm sort of new to pokemon again, but not to IT...

I have my retail poke Y

How do I send the info of the boxes with the eggs to the PC and check them?

Thanks for your support.

There is a link to tutorials in the KeySAV2 thread, specificially the Battle Video portion. Without a cartridge save-reader, you have to hatch the eggs and battle with them in order to check ESVs.

Questions are best suited for the thread of the tool in question ;)

07/28/14 - New Update (2):

• Added: Code Import to load Cyber Gadget Party/Box codes posted online.
    • [sAV Tabs] -> [Tools] -> [import PK6 from Code]

[*]Added: Import of 3rd & 4th Gen PKM Files (.3gpkm/.pkm); PKHeX now does 3/4/5->6.

[*]Changed: Import of past gen files will use the OT Data of the save file, if there is one loaded.

In summary, now you don't need bank to bring up your past teammates -- PKHeX will do the conversion 100% correctly. You still need to inject them into the game...

Edited by Kaphotics

Question!

After Updating the Program i can't see Import Gen 3/4/5 to Gen 6 Option. Why?

Upon clicking 'Open file', change the extension filter to All Files (*.*). You can then select .pkm files.

I suggest to instead drag & drop the PKM files into PKHeX, same with the Cyber Gadget save files. They will load the same way as 'Open file'.

07/29/14 - New Update

- Added: Changelog to About menu item.

- Fixed: Importing Gen 4 hatched Pokemon pk2pk error.

- Fixed: PP Ups won't be saved if there is no move for that slot.

- Changed: Party / Battle Box now has a spiffy layout.

- Changed: Program width to assist those on Wine / foreign languages.

When will we be able to edit savegames from powersaves without decryption ?

My magic eight balls says either when you get a cyber gadget and Japanese Pokemon XY,

or when Pokecheck allows you to do so.

/Do read posts from the front of the thread. AES MAC is practically impossible to crack.

Most likely you will need a hacked 3DS, which without the appropriate skill-set, you won't be able to get one.

In the "when will we" department, it's pretty much like future fore-telling, and know one will know./