PKHeX Legacy Discussion

Why can't we edit Wondercards?

The question is, why do you want a way to edit Wonder Cards when there is currently no way to inject them into the game. Powersaves will not allow it and only a handful of people have the hacking set-ups to do it right now. If injection methods are ever made possible so that everybody can do it, then I'm sure that somebody will release a Wonder Card editor. It's obviously not that hard to edit one as Datel has already proven.

I used my time to create the lang_de.txt for the programm. Some of the Translations are too long for the GUI so is shorted them a bit (like medals for secret training. The german translations are like this sometimes: "Es kann nur einen geben (Pokémon X/Y)" => Not enough free space.

lang_de.txt

lang_de.txt

• 2 weeks later...

I got a 3DS Save Bank and it works. However it doesn't work with Animal Crossing New Leaf & Tomodachi Life. But it works flawless with Pokemon X & Y maybe considering 3DS Save Bank can help since it doesn't require online to backup gamesaves. Has anyone gotten a 3DS Save Bank? Also for those who have Cyber Gadget Save Editor Device will work too! Without online encryption is it possible to decrypt Save Bank Saves instead?

I got a 3DS Save Bank and it works. However it doesn't work with Animal Crossing New Leaf & Tomodachi Life. But it works flawless with Pokemon X & Y maybe considering 3DS Save Bank can help since it doesn't require online to backup gamesaves. Has anyone gotten a 3DS Save Bank? Also for those who have Cyber Gadget Save Editor Device will work too! Without online encryption is it possible to decrypt Save Bank Saves instead?

Decryption isn't the problem. It's resigning it back to the 3DS. Unless you have a modded 3DS or you know how to overcome the AES-MAC, it's impossible at this point in time.

Decryption isn't the problem. It's resigning it back to the 3DS. Unless you have a modded 3DS or you know how to overcome the AES-MAC, it's impossible at this point in time.

I deeply apologize if this has already been asked and answered, but I have spent a large chunk of my time searching through these pages and I don't believe this has been answered yet. People are saying that it is impossible to inject pkx/pk6 files or edit the saves and inject the saves back into the game "unless you have a modded 3DS..." Well, I happen to have a modded 3DS (and by modded 3DS i mean I have a Gateway 3DS etc.) Since people are saying it is impossible unless you have a modded 3DS, i am wondering if this impossibility still applies to me.

I am aware that there is an encryption for the Gateway saves that is supposedly entirely different from the encryption of the regular saves backed up by Powersaves (or so I have been told). So my question is whether injection is a possibility for people with modded 3DS's because the message is very unclear when I'm reading through the forums. I am also aware that the problem right now is overcoming the AES-MAC to resign the save back to the 3DS, which may or may not be bypassed using modded 3DS.

I have done a lot of testing and messing around and I don't seem to have a clickable "Export save" button on my PkHex despite the save/.bin file being readable (messages about the size of the file being too large also pop up before I open the saves regardless of what steps outlined in these forums I take, in spite of the fact that I am still able to view pokemon). Does anyone who has played around with PkHex found their export button clickable? I have an inkling that if I can click that button, export my save, "fuse" it with the Pokemon X/Y ROM (as I have been doing in the past with success using Gateway saves), this could fashion a way for injection, albeit using a ROM/modded 3DS (which I could then trade over to my original Pokemon X cartridge). But again, there is this talk of PkHex saves being incompatible with Gateway saves, so if anyone would be willing to rebut the viability of this strategy by explaining why this wouldn't work, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, and I don't know if anyone would be willing to do this or if I am even allowed to ask, if anyone has a decrypted save that has a clickable export button, would it be possible for you to either upload and post a copy of your save or PM me? I have tried many different angles of doing this myself but it appears there are some people who have been able to do this.

I have also been told that the R&D team who is currently working on this project does not themselves have a modded 3DS. I hope it isn't inappropriate of me to ask this, but if a Gateway is what you mean by a "modded 3DS" and it's true that nobody doing research on this has a modded 3DS, I would be more than happy to help/contribute in some way if a Gateway 3DS would in some way be beneficial to the project. I am fairly new to posting on this forum but I found it necessary to ask these questions due to my inability to find the answers. Because this is my first post, I'm trying to be very careful to follow the forum rules (which I have read), but I am deeply, truly sorry if I have in some way broken any rules in this post (I guess I'm just nervous since I've almost never posted on a forum before lol). Thanks in advance to anyone who would be willing to help.

[...]i am wondering if this impossibility still applies to me.[...]

Only if you know how to write your own payload using the same exploit that GW uses.

[...]I am aware that there is an encryption for the Gateway saves that is supposedly entirely different from the encryption of the regular saves backed up by Powersaves (or so I have been told). [...]

The real difference between a standard cart, and a rom on GW is that GW bypasses a part when calculating the KeyY which is used to calculate the xorpad.. so essentially, its not any easier to decrypt than a normal cart is.. assuming you use the methods we do.

[...]I have done a lot of testing and messing around and I don't seem to have a clickable "Export save" button on my PkHex despite the save/.bin file being readable (messages about the size of the file being too large also pop up before I open the saves regardless of what steps outlined in these forums I take, in spite of the fact that I am still able to view pokemon). Does anyone who has played around with PkHex found their export button clickable? I have an inkling that if I can click that button, export my save, "fuse" it with the Pokemon X/Y ROM (as I have been doing in the past with success using Gateway saves), this could fashion a way for injection, albeit using a ROM/modded 3DS (which I could then trade over to my original Pokemon X cartridge). But again, there is this talk of PkHex saves being incompatible with Gateway saves, so if anyone would be willing to rebut the viability of this strategy by explaining why this wouldn't work, I would greatly appreciate it.[...]

All I can really say on this is that PKHex only reads FULLY decrypted files... doesnt matter what it is.. all saves look the same when decrypted whether it be phyical cart, digital or GW.. I'm still not sure how you've 'fused' a save or whatever because every bit matters when calculating the checksums and hashes to fix the file.[...]

[...] I have also been told that the R&D team who is currently working on this project does not themselves have a modded 3DS. I hope it isn't inappropriate of me to ask this, but if a Gateway is what you mean by a "modded 3DS" and it's true that nobody doing research on this has a modded 3DS, I would be more than happy to help/contribute in some way if a Gateway 3DS would in some way be beneficial to the project. [..]

again, a 'modded' 3DS is any 3DS you can exploit to run a custom payload to do whatever it is you want.. if you know how to somehow call the SHA256_Update() fuction in the AES engine, and sign your save, you'll be a hero.

Ah, thanks! I found your reply very useful. The "fusing" thing is something explained in a post on GBATemp. In a nutshell, because the save file is now embedded into the ROM as 1 file (unlike Black/White, it's no longer a .ds and a .sav file, but a single .3ds file), Gateway users must extract the save if they want to share their save with other people, and they can actually inject those saves into their own ROMs using a software created by a user named ETWIND called the "CardTwo Save Tool". Though saves can be injected, I don't know of any way to edit these saves unless I can somehow fully decrypt them for PkHex. My idea was to somehow obtain a readable, editable, and exportable save/.bin file (whether from a Powersaves or a ROM), edit the save with man-made Pkx files and use this card2 save tool to inject into a ROM which I could then use with a Gateway 3DS. But based on this payload requirement, I'm guessing this is easier said than done.

Looks like I will need to do some more research into this, especially on this SHA256_Update() function and the AES MAC encryption. But thanks for clarifying all of this.

Ah, thanks! I found your reply very useful. The "fusing" thing is something explained in a post on GBATemp. In a nutshell, because the save file is now embedded into the ROM as 1 file (unlike Black/White, it's no longer a .ds and a .sav file, but a single .3ds file), Gateway users must extract the save if they want to share their save with other people, and they can actually inject those saves into their own ROMs using a software created by a user named ETWIND called the "CardTwo Save Tool". Though saves can be injected, I don't know of any way to edit these saves unless I can somehow fully decrypt them for PkHex. My idea was to somehow obtain a readable, editable, and exportable save/.bin file (whether from a Powersaves or a ROM), edit the save with man-made Pkx files and use this card2 save tool to inject into a ROM which I could then use with a Gateway 3DS. But based on this payload requirement, I'm guessing this is easier said than done.

Looks like I will need to do some more research into this, especially on this SHA256_Update() function and the AES MAC encryption. But thanks for clarifying all of this.

No problem. Also as far as that idea goes, I'll start by saying the reason you're able to share saves is because the ROM is the same for everyone, so that means the unique key is the same, so the KeyY is the same, so the encryption (xorpad) is the same.. you still have to recalculate hashes and such if you're trying to inject. So it all still boils down to needing the AES MAC calculated still. Also as far as creating your payload to sign saves, yea, its easier said then done, lol.. I talked to slashmolder about it before. (Him and Bond are the ones that decrypted GW's payload, so I trust his opinion, heh)

06/28/14 - New Update:

• Fixed: Translation not translating last elements of UI dropdowns.
  • Fixed: SAV related buttons are now disabled when no data for them is loaded.
  • Fixed: Pokerus infection/curing logic.
  • Fixed: Memory loading now doesn't error out with no data, and has all memory types and locations.
  • Added: DE/FR (early) language translations.
  • Added: Shiny/PKRS Cured/Pentagon sprites to marking.
  • Added: Ribbon sprites from ingame; Expert Battler (Super Maison ribbon) now has proper sprite. Also added the 40/8 complete Memory ribbons.
  • Added: Base friendships for Kalos Pokemon.
  • Added: Clicking Friendship Label now toggles between Base & Max; pressing with Control resets it.
  • Added/Fixed: Clicking IsEgg will now set the Hatch Counter to 1 (GTS still tampers with it...).
  • Added: Clicking PPups Label now sets all 4 PPUps to 3; pressing with Control sets them back to 0.
  • Changed: Gender labels for Pokemon and Trainers now use ♂♀. Clicking will toggle between.
  • Changed: Markings no longer display check boxes; instead they act like Ribbons which can be toggled by clicking.
  • Changed: When a PID is shiny, it will now display the shiny marking instead of text.
  • Changed: Setting a nickname to species name will now depend on the Pokemon's language, not the UI language. Changing the species will also auto fill the nickname the same way.

Source code is now available.

• 2 weeks later...
This editor is only for if you have a hacked 3DS anyways.

That is certainly not true. It has many other useful functions which include exact IV readouts and ESV checking among other things. Just because it doesn't do what you think it should do doesn't mean that it doesn't have it's uses.

That is certainly not true. It has many other useful functions which include exact IV readouts and ESV checking among other things. Just because it doesn't do what you think it should do doesn't mean that it doesn't have it's uses.

its useful but I wish I can inject back into the game :(

what taking so long to figure it out?

its useful but I wish I can inject back into the game :(

what taking so long to figure it out?

It has to do with the complexity of the AES MAC encryption. It's not one universal key across all 3DS's. It's also not something that you can brute force through. Finally, the key is dumped into a write only area of the 3DS and the master security architecture of the 3DS (which would allow somebody to emulate another 3DS to sign a save if you had access to it and could make a full 3DS emulator) is stored on a chip that requires decapping to even have a shot of getting it.

Long story short, it's not a simple task that a hex editor and 10 minutes will get you past.

You know what @BattleLegend, you have made your opinions very clear in the past about how you were going to hack the game, which then turned into constantly asking why somebody hasn't done it yet when you realized it was way beyond your capabilities, then you kept asking how you could inject things into the game with PKHeX repeatedly, and now you have finally degenerated into slamming anything that does not allow you to get the content that you want.

Just because this tool does not allow you to do what you think it should do does not mean that it is useless. If you have nothing constructive to say, then just go back to GBATemp and post your incessant rantings on the issue instead of doing it in this thread where people ask serious questions about the tool.

@TheZoroark007 - I saw a recent Twitter post on Bond's feed. According to it, he hasn't heard for xfr (the guy who ran Pokecheck), so for now it looks like that sight is dead as a doornail. However, he has said in the past and in a recent post that he is moving on ahead. So, while there may not be a Pokecheck in the future, there may be a replacement sight. He did not give exact details in this Twitter post and there has been no ETA hinted at. We are just going to have to be patient for a bit longer.

If you haven't checked out his feed, I would do it from time to time. I usually check it once a week to get caught up. He did post an unreleased music track that they found in the game. It's a remake of the champion battle from Red/Blue/Green/Yellow. The link to the file can be found on his feed.

Hello, first state that I am Spanish and use a translator, so sorry for errors.

I managed to successfully PKHEX read my getaway ... with the only question that I save changes from 1 to save 2, which the latter does not pose data ...

the fact is that even so I can see my starting pokemon and no problem ...

but .. What is the purpose of todoe this?

Is there way and then return the modified save my game?

I see truncated or pokemon Stock Hoppa and Volcarion.

How I can get them?

Please inform me if there are ways.

Thank you

Hello, first state that I am Spanish and use a translator, so sorry for errors.

I managed to successfully PKHEX read my getaway ... with the only question that I save changes from 1 to save 2, which the latter does not pose data ...

the fact is that even so I can see my starting pokemon and no problem ...

but .. What is the purpose of todoe this?

Is there way and then return the modified save my game?

I see truncated or pokemon Stock Hoppa and Volcarion.

How I can get them?

Please inform me if there are ways.

Thank you

If you read the first line of the first post, you'd know injection is not possible to YOUR save game at the moment. This tool can view dumped data, and can create data that you can inject to your RAM if you have a modded 3DS.

can you be so kind to link me the page of bond on projectpokemon en the link to his twitter ?

https://twitter.com/Bond697