PKHeX Legacy Discussion

But what is then the main difference between decrypted and encrypted?

To make this very basic, you are talking about two different things. The save is encrypted using a particular method (one which can be broken through so that you can view it in the tool.) On top of that, the 3DS applies a signature that you could picture as a "Seal of Approval."

That "Seal" is the AES MAC. This is not some static unchanging bit of code like the Powersaves header that is attached to the file. It uses the "Seal" to tell every 3DS that comes into contact with the save "This is a valid save that has not been tampered with." You can edit saves to your heart's content, but unless you can duplicate the "Seal" correctly, it will show up as corrupt.

There are hurdles to getting the keys that you can read about elsewhere such as GBATemp threads if you are interested. To also see why just overcoming this hurdle by brute force hacking is nearly impossible, go read up on this method of cryptography on Wikipedia.

Bottom Line: It's really easy to say that you can hack the system to provide a software only method of signing saves that everybody can use. It's extremely difficult to do that in real life.

• 2 weeks later...
So, this program will never be usefull?

Depends on your definition of "useful."

I personally find it useful now to check IV's, etc. If your definition of "useful" involves injection, then you are going to have to wait for others to find a work around for the signing process.

Depends on your definition of "useful."

I personally find it useful now to check IV's, etc. If your definition of "useful" involves injection, then you are going to have to wait for others to find a work around for the signing process.

How about a non-edit/injection question or two...

Does PKHeX read BIN files from PowerSaves?

If not, can the SID be calculated from knowing the TID and SV? If so, how?

Thanks!!

How about a non-edit/injection question or two...

Does PKHeX read BIN files from PowerSaves?

If not, can the SID be calculated from knowing the TID and SV? If so, how?

Thanks!!

It can read .bin files from Powersaves. You have to follow the procedure listed in the link that is found in first post to partially decrypt the files. That will allow you to read the save in PKHeX. You can do further decryption that can be found a few pages after the decryption link, but doing so will not get you much more at this time.

It can read .bin files from Powersaves. You have to follow the procedure listed in the link that is found in first post to partially decrypt the files. That will allow you to read the save in PKHeX. You can do further decryption that can be found a few pages after the decryption link, but doing so will not get you much more at this time.

Thanks!!

Is somebody working at resigning? And can we manage editing AND inserting via hex editing(on save)?

It's not a priority for anyone, as only Datel can re-sign retail saves. Flashcarts can inject directly to the game instead. You can't just hex edit a save file, the signatures have to be correct. PKHeX can insert to the save file, but the signature will alwayss have to be done by the 3DS. The save interface of PKHeX is still useful to help users see their decrypted data.

I'm having a really hard time with this. After I finish editing stuff on the save file, how do I save these edits?

Click the Export SAV button in the SAV tab. Unless you are capable of getting past the AES-MAC signature check; saving with this program will do you no good unless you are capable of dealing with this issue.

--

06/09/14 - New Update:

• Fixed: Wrong/missing mini-sprites in box interface.
  • Fixed: Nidoran gender symbols appearing incorrectly when viewed.
  • Added: Splash screen on load to let users with slow computers that the program is setting up.
  • Added: Detection of bad checksum data when loading it to tabs (hardly anyone will encounter this).
  • Added: Translation support of all fields/combobox for every in-game language. This includes memories and characteristics. Also...
  • Added: Translation support of interface via supplied .txt files. With the above change and this, the program can be fully localized (besides Encounter Types, 3DS Country Names, savegame related UI or popup messages.)
  • Added: Appending the exe's file name with -en or any other supported language (ja, ko, de, it, es, fr) will auto-load the program with the language.
  • Added: Mass Import / Export of box contents by either dragging a folder into the window or loading/saving-to a folder. PKHeX will allow users to create a database in the same directory as the executable to store all dumped pk6 files, or allow users to specify where to dump/load from.

Reminder: Stuff still cannot be injected to your game yet, unless you can decrypt your save and re-sign it, or inject directly into the RAM.

If anyone is able to find out what offsets 0x16/0x17 are used for (can view via Extra Bytes), please let everyone know!

Click the Export SAV button in the SAV tab. Unless you are capable of getting past the AES-MAC signature check; saving with this program will do you no good unless you are capable of dealing with this issue.

--

06/09/14 - New Update:

• Fixed: Wrong/missing mini-sprites in box interface.
  • Fixed: Nidoran gender symbols appearing incorrectly when viewed.
  • Added: Splash screen on load to let users with slow computers that the program is setting up.
  • Added: Detection of bad checksum data when loading it to tabs (hardly anyone will encounter this).
  • Added: Translation support of all fields/combobox for every in-game language. This includes memories and characteristics. Also...
  • Added: Translation support of interface via supplied .txt files. With the above change and this, the program can be fully localized (besides Encounter Types, 3DS Country Names, savegame related UI or popup messages.)
  • Added: Appending the exe's file name with -en or any other supported language (ja, ko, de, it, es, fr) will auto-load the program with the language.
  • Added: Mass Import / Export of box contents by either dragging a folder into the window or loading/saving-to a folder. PKHeX will allow users to create a database in the same directory as the executable to store all dumped pk6 files, or allow users to specify where to dump/load from.

Reminder: Stuff still cannot be injected to your game yet, unless you can decrypt your save and re-sign it, or inject directly into the RAM.

If anyone is able to find out what offsets 0x16/0x17 are used for (can view via Extra Bytes), please let everyone know!

These buttons are grey for me. What do I do?

These buttons are grey for me. What do I do?

Nothing; reread the red words at the bottom of the first post. The buttons are only usable if you provide a fully decrypted save file to edit from; you can't save a proper save file without a proper save file to start with.

Nothing; reread the red words at the bottom of the first post. The buttons are only usable if you provide a fully decrypted save file to edit from; you can't save a proper save file without a proper save file to start with.

Ok I will try again and update you thank you :)