PKHeX Legacy Discussion

You can't inject saves using Gateway. You can't even use a Powersaves backup on a ROM let alone use the same cart that has been saved on a unmodified unit on a Gateway unit without it showing up as corrupt. There is currently no way to correctly resign a save after it has been edited.

If it was possible, you wouldn't still be seeing all of the posts asking "How do I use PKHeX to get [insert random Pokemon here] and keep being told that you can't. You also still would not be seeing the first line (written in bright red) in the first post saying that you can't do it either.

Perhaps I have the wrong idea then, my bad. Just to be clear, After I decrypt a powersaves file, am I able to edit it, then put that edited file back into my rom? The red says cannot be injected back into my game, but does that mean physical or rom or both?

It's not exactly specific and I read a few times that I can't do anything like editing unless I have a modded card, which I have. But even with gateway, I can't mod stuff for X and Y like Pokesav?

You can edit any decrypted file as much as want with PKHeX. You cannot restore an edited save though to a ROM or any cart without being able to correctly sign it using the AES MAC. At this moment, there is no public software only mod that allows you to do that.

Both work fine for me and my Mac.

If you do not have Parallels or a separately installed copy of Windows through Boot Camp, then use them with a program called Wine.

I have the latest Wine version, yet PKHex will not work in Wine. PokeGen and other windows programs work in it, but not PKHex.

I have the latest Wine version, yet PKHex will not work in Wine. PokeGen and other windows programs work in it, but not PKHex.

I'm not sure then what I can tell you about that. I have Parallels with Windows installed for the few instances when I have to use a PC. I do know that the newest version of Wine has not been working quite so well with several programs. There have instances where it will not even support older programs that an old Wine version supported (heard from a friend on another board). Outside of Parallels, if Wine doesn't work the only thing that I can advise is to install a copy of Windows through BootCamp.

Sorry, that I can't be of more help with Wine, but I'm not familiar enough with it to tell you any potential tricks to fix that.

I'm not sure then what I can tell you about that. I have Parallels with Windows installed for the few instances when I have to use a PC. I do know that the newest version of Wine has not been working quite so well with several programs. There have instances where it will not even support older programs that an old Wine version supported (heard from a friend on another board). Outside of Parallels, if Wine doesn't work the only thing that I can advise is to install a copy of Windows through BootCamp.

Sorry, that I can't be of more help with Wine, but I'm not familiar enough with it to tell you any potential tricks to fix that.

I will try the older version of Wine. Thank you.

Will there ever be an update again for this program?

Eventually.

edit:

5/18/14 - New Update:

• Memory Interface redesigned, includes Memory Readouts.
  • Added: Ingame sprites for forms/megas/eggs now appear in the PKX viewing slots.
  • Added: Notification if checksum of loaded PKX is bad.
  • Characteristic is now shown (again).
  • Fixed: ComboBoxes now close their DropDown when you start typing.
  • Fixed: Re-saving with a decrypted save now uses the proper data for save2 hashes.

Edited by Kaphotics

Isnt a part of the aes mac heather in the encrypted savefile? Why can't we extract it there and insert it into the decrypted savefile?

Read through the thread and also through the various topics on GBATemp (I've seen you on there), and you will see why that is not possible.