PKHeX Legacy Discussion

I'm not one of the people working on it so I could be wrong, but from my understanding the problem is getting past the 3DS's encryption methods to put the edited save file back on the game cart. Since its not something that we know how to do, you can't really make an estimation on it. A breakthrough could happen tomorrow and we could be injecting Pokemon next week, or it could be months from now when that breakthrough happens. People are activly working on it and it most likely will be possible sometime in the future, but no one knows exactly when.

EDIT: The problem is reencrypting the file because we can't get it past the AES-MAC yet, not the 3DS's encryption.

Edited by Vaporous Shadow

Aw, I was thinking of MAC Addresses. xD Anyway, thanks for the search link! So, how hard is it decrypting AES MAC? :x

Basically it's a matter of calculating the AES MAC given the DISA header (0x100 bytes) and some other specific data.. The stuff that goes on in the AES engine to achieve this calculation is unknown due to the fact that it uses hardware to do that stuff, so we cant use software exploits to peak at it.. so either someone decaps a studies the chip, or we use a hacked 3DS to sign things.

That's to my understanding anyways.

Is it possible to decrypt my Y save without a hacked 3DS? I can't exactly afford one.

You can decrypt it as long as you have a Powersaves device by Datel. However, just because you can decrypt it doesn't mean that you can edit your save and place it back on your cart. If you do, it will just show up as a corrupt save.

You can decrypt it as long as you have a Powersaves device by Datel. However, just because you can decrypt it doesn't mean that you can edit your save and place it back on your cart. If you do, it will just show up as a corrupt save.

Hmmm. Interesting fact. I was told that hacking the 3DS was ''a must'' to decrypt save files, though we would need a way to re-encrypt the save before returning it to the cart, right?

Hmmm. Interesting fact. I was told that hacking the 3DS was ''a must'' to decrypt save files, though we would need a way to re-encrypt the save before returning it to the cart, right?

Actually the encryption is not the real problem. Once you have your own xorpad you can decrypt savegames and work with them. The more crucial part is the signature. Every savegame has a signature which is created after writing it. The correct key to create valid signatures is in your 3DS and it cannot be easily read out of it (so you cannot just hack a 3DS and ask it for that signature key).

In simple man terms: Imagine the signature on a sheet of paper and the key is the handwriting - and the handwriting cannot be easily copied.

When you inject a properly encrypted savegame but with a broken signature on a cartridge the savegame will show up as corrupt.

I guess I can safely say that for Pokémon X and Y the encryption is essentially broken.

can anyone send me a download link for Volcanion plz

There is not one. You cannot inject Pokemon into the game currently. The one loophole using Powersaves was closed very rapidly and there is not another one (at least one that has been released to the public.)

5/2/14 - New Update:

• Added: Manual opening of the Box Interface without loading a save file. (via Extra)
  • Added: Event Flag interface (Read Only for now).
  • Added: Hovering over the PID displays the PSV.
  • Added: Switching of save files for fully decrypted saves.
  • Added: Changing species without a current nickname changes the Pokemon's name to the (English) Species Name.
  • Added: Incomplete dropdown entry detection.
    • If a ComboBox is not completely filled out, the background color will change and any saving action is disabled until fixed.
    • This is to ensure that any alterations are completely applied.

[*]Changed: PID Rerolling interface --

• Clicking the Gender Label will change the gender (within legal bounds)
    • Button now instantly rerolls the PID.

[*]Changed: Box I/O now uses the actual box names.

[*]Changed: Ability Dropdown only contains legal abilities for a given Pokemon.

• Forms (like Megas) only display the specific form Abilities.

[*]Fixed: Poke Puff sorting no longer puts empty slots at the top.

[*]Fixed: Gen4 Egg Met locations now load properly.

[*]Fixed: Improperly loading of genders

• Previously, certain examples would even load as genderless!

[*]Fixed: Save2 box data now loads from the Save2 region, not Save1.

[*]Fixed: Tooltips no longer appear multiple times.

[*]Removed: Ability Number text box.

• Combined into the Legal Ability selection dropbox, one less thing to worry about!

The Download dont work with Apple :-/

I Cannot Open the file...(Same with pokegen)

Both work fine for me and my Mac.

If you do not have Parallels or a separately installed copy of Windows through Boot Camp, then use them with a program called Wine.