PKHeX Legacy Discussion

4/21/14 - Minor Update

• Fixed: Save file detection wonkyness; disabled switching savs for saves capable of exporting -- waiting until detection that both saves are properly decrypted is added.

Now, it works perfect! Thanks a lot!

Sooner or later, I am sure you will find out the way to inject the re-save files ingame!

Are there any public save files I can download to use this program?

You don't need a save file to use this program.

The UI starts off as a PKX editor; upon loading a SAV you get secondary functions. There are no pre-requisites for editing PKXes.

You don't need a save file to use this program.

The UI starts off as a PKX editor; upon loading a SAV you get secondary functions. There are no pre-requisites for editing PKXes.

I know, the thing is I just need access to the secondary functions so I can kinda keep track of IVs, EVs, stats, etc because I don't have a Powersave to backup my own at the moment

I'm using Pokegen but since it doesn't have the new Pokemon & updated stats its kinda difficult

I know, the thing is I just need access to the secondary functions so I can kinda keep track of IVs, EVs, stats, etc because I don't have a Powersave to backup my own at the moment

I'm using Pokegen but since it doesn't have the new Pokemon & updated stats its kinda difficult

What? IVs, EVs and all that stuff is in pkhex itself if used as pokegen.. what would you need the other functions for if they arent your own mons?.. either way, just create a file of length 0x100000 filled with 00s, save as .bin file and open in pkhex.. voila~!

What? IVs, EVs and all that stuff is in pkhex itself if used as pokegen.. what would you need the other functions for if they arent your own mons?.. either way, just create a file of length 0x100000 filled with 00s, save as .bin file and open in pkhex.. voila~!

Yes it is but I want the extra window where I can view/modify them to match up the stats and such of my Pokemon

How do I start creating this new file?

All the stats and such are visible in the PKX editing interface.

Just edit individual files then drag them to a folder to store them in; you can't save them into a save file anyways. If you want to re-edit them, just drag the pk6/ek6 file back into the tabs and it will load the data.

This is fantastic work! :D I do have a few questions I would like answered very detailed:

1. What method can be used to edit Pokemon from a Physical copy of X/Y? Can you provide all the necessary things? PowerSave?

2. Injecting Pokemon that are not previously in the Save Game is still not implemented yet, correct? (Yes/No?)

3. Can I only edit Pokemon I have already on my game cartridge?

4. Can I edit IVs, EVs, Level, Items, Moves, etc.?

I would love to have these answered in complete detail, I am sure other people would like to know the answers as well! :u I would like to know before I invest in a PowerSave. xD Anyway. thanks and good luck Bond! :u *Stalks his Twitter* eue

This is fantastic work! :D I do have a few questions I would like answered very detailed:

1. What method can be used to edit Pokemon from a Physical copy of X/Y? Can you provide all the necessary things? PowerSave?

2. Injecting Pokemon that are not previously in the Save Game is still not implemented yet, correct? (Yes/No?)

3. Can I only edit Pokemon I have already on my game cartridge?

4. Can I edit IVs, EVs, Level, Items, Moves, etc.?

I would love to have these answered in complete detail, I am sure other people would like to know the answers as well! :u I would like to know before I invest in a PowerSave. xD Anyway. thanks and good luck Bond! :u *Stalks his Twitter* eue

All of these have already been answered about a dozen times, but here goes again.

1. Powersaves to download the necessary save backups needed.

2. You can't inject.

3 & 4. You can edit whatever you want just like you could in pokegen but with no way to encrypt it back, you can't put it back on your cart. So, since you can't get it back onto your cart, editing is a moot point right now.

You can edit whatever you want just like you could in pokegen but with no way to encrypt it back, you can't put it back on your cart. So, since you can't get it back onto your cart, editing is a moot point right now.

This. I'm as exited as everyone else, but its going to take time before you can just conjure up any pokemon you want and successfully put it on an X/Y Cart.

Just a little suggestion, but if someone who is known in this scene would make a topic called "How to inject Pokemon into X / Y" and have the first post saying "You can't. So don't ask."

Then you make it sticky, it might stop some of the questions. Its not fool proof but its the first thing they're looking for.

Cause at the moment, I understand why some people are asking. These threads are WAAAAAAAY too huge to invest the time reading all the pages.

Just a thought.

The major problem is that nobody even bothers to read even a little of the thread. This question has been asked literally almost on every page at least once on all of the threads related to X/Y saves and the tools for save/box decryption. If people just bothered to read just a little (and let's face it, these threads aren't that long compared to other forums like GBATemp), this wouldn't be an issue.

Just a little suggestion, but if someone who is known in this scene would make a topic called "How to inject Pokemon into X / Y" and have the first post saying "You can't. So don't ask."

Then you make it sticky, it might stop some of the questions. Its not fool proof but its the first thing they're looking for.

Cause at the moment, I understand why some people are asking. These threads are WAAAAAAAY too huge to invest the time reading all the pages.

Just a thought.

There's already a thread like that.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?38274-The-Newbie-s-Guide-to-Hacking-Pokemon-X-and-Y

If you find a post asking how to inject, report it and we'll get to it as soon as we get the chance.

Yeah I saw that thread, but most people won't read it out of pure stubbornness. You've called it "The Newbie's Guide to Hacking Pokemon X and Y".

Thats why you gotta trick them into reading it.

You're giving the general user of pokemon and the internet too much credit thinking they're actually gonna search for answers.

Edit: Its all well and good saying it exists but its not working as you hoped.

The key problem is that you are also making a big assumption that people are actually going to read anything. I've seen topics when it goes into great detail on the first post to answer all questions, but nobody bothers to read it and then makes posts asking the same questions over and over again.

Bottom Line: The people who make these posts are still going to make them even if you make a sticky post because they don't even bother to read.

I didn't have time to invest in reading it, before you make your foolish assumptions. I would have read it, but half the people on here make no sense to me. Anyway, aside from that, I went and purchased a PowerSave today! :D Um, so, there is no way to edit pre-existing Pokemon on a save game back up? See, my plan was to just edit the Pokemon I already had on my game. :o I technically have no need to inject outside source Pokemon. I would like a answer that isn't confusing to me about that. xD Any other ways to edit your Pokemon from X/Y? :o

I didn't have time to invest in reading it, before you make your foolish assumptions. I would have read it, but half the people on here make no sense to me. Anyway, aside from that, I went and purchased a PowerSave today! :D Um, so, there is no way to edit pre-existing Pokemon on a save game back up? See, my plan was to just edit the Pokemon I already had on my game. :o I technically have no need to inject outside source Pokemon. I would like a answer that isn't confusing to me about that. xD Any other ways to edit your Pokemon from X/Y? :o

Great job reading the first line of the first post.

The answer is no.

Great job reading the first line of the first post.

The answer is no.

Thank you so much! That is all I ever needed to hear. xD Besides your snide comment, I read the entire first page and maybe to the 2nd, I just didn't take time to understand it. Anyway, good luck on any further work. :P

Thank you so much! That is all I ever needed to hear. xD Besides your snide comment, I read the entire first page and maybe to the 2nd, I just didn't take time to understand it. Anyway, good luck on any further work. :P

Then take the time to.. lol

any change at all to the save, even by 1 bit throws off at least 1 checksum, 4 IVFC hashes, DIFI/DISA hash, and the AES MAC.. we can fix everything up to the MAC.. we just cant do the MAC because the 3DS hardware wont tell us it's secrets.

Then take the time to.. lol

any change at all to the save, even by 1 bit throws off at least 1 checksum, 4 IVFC hashes, DIFI/DISA hash, and the AES MAC.. we can fix everything up to the MAC.. we just cant do the MAC because the 3DS hardware wont tell us it's secrets.

Aww. :c Well, I will next time so I will not be a burden to the community. xD Anyway, so is that all that is left, is the MAC? :o Referring to the networking aspect of 3DS Software, in particular Pokemon X & Y, correct? :o