PKHeX Legacy Discussion

He has not said how he did it publicly and has also said that he does not intend to do it either. However, from what we know, the encryption to the file to his cart was overcome by sheer brute force, and I'm assuming, a lot of trial and error.

Edited by smitty

He has not said how he did it publicly and has also said that he does not intend to do it either. However, from what we know, the encryption to the file to his cart was overcome by sheer brute force, and I'm assuming, a lot of trial and error.
Which means it all boils down to trust on a useless reveal, honestly.

Well it is pretty much a moot point. It turns out they really hadn't broke the encryption on the cart like ScriesM had implied in a post on another forum. They did find a way to recalculate the hashes (which took trial and error) and let the Datel servers encrypt it.

The reason why it's a moot point is that Datel has now patched things so you can't repeat the process anymore.

4/20/14 - New Update

• Added: Box Export/Import
  • Added: Map & XYZ Coordinate Display (no editing) to Trainer Data. (Z is the flying coordinate)
  • Added: Mini sprites for the unreleased legends.
  • Added: All Country Codes
  • Added: All Location names for Gen 6 and Previous Generation Origin (gen 5).
  • Added: PGL JPEG Export
  • Added: Hovering over TID/SID displays TSV.
  • Added: Save File switching
  • Added: Label indicator (top right corner) of which save is active.
  • Added: Saving of which save partition is active.
  • Fixed: Active save partition detection and re-saving.
  • Fixed: "Is Shiny" detection now works properly.
  • Fixed: Random EVs will now always give 510 EVs.
  • Changed: Locations now display actual names, not just numbers.
  • Changed: PID&EK boxes don't autofill with zeroes.
  • Removed: Changing of "Rival" name as it's unused ingame.
  • Removed: Illegal Species ("722") and other impossible options (like items) as we know all that exists.
  • Added: Everything that is possible to obtain (PP for unreleased moves, Thousand Zygarde Moves, etc).

Is there any way we could use the PowerSave to get the save off the cartridge without Datel adding all their extra stuff to it and without using Datel's program?

Then, if someone found a way to fully decrypt it, they could also put it back onto the cart without having to send it to datel?

Just curious.

It hurts to see how the app is growing knowing that I can't use it with my save :( I hope that an injection method will be available sooner or later

Yeah, I hope too, because I don't want my 3DS to be bricked just to edit my save files of X/Y... And there's no tutorial on Google on how to decrypt save files after hacking the 3DS anyways...

work on save gateway?

*double facepalm* No. It has been said many times before...

QUESTION -

The new update we can inject our pokemon?

ANSWER -

No.

QUESTION -

With the new update, I'm not able to edit and export the sav as I did in the previous version.

ANSWER -

One of the saves has to be fully decrypted now.