Powersaves Backup Help ; Pokemon X

Poliwhirl97

Hello i wondering if somebody could help me with something involving a backups for Pokemon X ,You see i have a Datel Powersaves and my friend asked me to use it on his game a while back to get max money and because of that i had a backup of his game ,however since then he has lost his Pokemon X game and now with Pokemon ORAS out he wanted to see if i could get his Pokemon back with that backup so i wanted to try backing up my game and put his save on my copy of X move his pokemon over to my Pokemon Bank then put my save back on it .After some trial and error i found out that when i try and load his save on my game it wouldn't work i kept getting a corrupted save message but i was able to reload my save on the cartridge so i have to guess that i cant use somebody else s back on my copy of the game for some reason so i wanted to know if there was some possible way i could get his pokemon on my bank or if there was some method i could go about getting them back by switching saves between mine and his without something happening to either save.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me with this or give me some information whether its possible or not to begin with Thanks