PowerSaves 3DS - Alternate Cartridge Help

AllyKat

At the start of the servers going down for the first days of ORAS release, I attempted to use PowerSaves 3DS to clone my Pokemon in Box 1 to keep a copy for Bank and to migrate onto ORAS. This error'd out and murdered my cartridge (no longer visible by any Nintendo 3DS.) This forced me to purchase a replacement cartridge.

PowerSaves names all the saves by Game ID. Unfortunately, there appears to have been at least two separate print production runs of Pokemon X & Y for the USA. As a result, PowerSaves recognizes these games as two different titles for the purposes of Backups.

Pokemon Y: EK2Af6f01757 (original)

Pokemon Y: EK2A6e497c5f (replacement)

PowerSaves displays the available back-ups for the game based upon file name with the Game ID at the beginning of the BIN's name. So, I tried renaming the last backup BIN that I know that I had previously loaded prior. Which only loads a corrupt save.

HELP! There has to be a way to convert the BIN into something that the same game can be restored to!

Thanks Kaphotics for getting back to me! It is with great lack of luck that Bank was not an option. The cartridge burn out as a result of this glitch making it unreadable by any 3DS (no cartridge would show.) I even tried cleaning the connectors the next day without any change. I started reading into the PowerSaves decryption method by SciresM that you laid out in PKHeX. I am able to kind of follow along (as rusty as I am.)

At this point, make a copy of the backup you just made and rename it save1keystream.bin for easy remembering ability.

You can now use this to open a save in PKHeX! If you want to open a save, XOR save1keystream.bin with the powersaves backup of whatever save you want to check out (I recommend http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/xorfiles.html ), and then delete the first 0x9C bytes in a hex editor (I use HxD). Save the file with the 0x9C header removed, and you can open it in PKHeX totally fine: http://i.snag.gy/x2jJ8.jpg

If I am following this right. The process is to create a key which is necessary to correctly XOR into a decrypted save file. (Since this is unique, this would had only helped if I had the key generated previously.) With this in mind, the same thread seems to suggest it is impossible to take a PKHeX modded save to re-encrypt it to restore via Power Saves, is there?

But furthermore, would had only helped if I had a Gateway... and they finished getting the current-ish firmware support update. :frown: