Your first shiny Pokemon?

Sir Xero

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like most of you mine was the Red Gyarados from GSC (made a perfect addition to my party). Other then that... it was a Fearow in Crystal. To bad someone jacked my game and started a new game on it before I found them and took it back (retard didn't check all the pokemon on the game before he restarted, had some good parties along with the shiny)

In LeafGreen (or was it FireRed, I can't remember) I caught a Shiny Primeape on Victory Road... That was my first one (not counting the Red Gyarados, of course.)

I don't have him anymore though. Traded him for a Shiny Quagsire after migrating him into Diamond.

I just got past the distortion world in platinum, and still no shiny pokemon. I HAVENT SEEN A SINGLE ONE SINCE I STARTED PLAYING POKEMON WHEN I WAS 12. :(

It's all right. I only seen that aforementioned pink Metapod. In my personal opinion, I don't think there's anything special about shinies other than being... well... alternate colored (in GSC though their IVs were all 10 or something). How about that egg in Crystal version? There was a 50% chance of getting the baby to be shiny.

That egg failed me. I didn't care enough to Soft reset it, but was so disappointed when it wasn't a shiny. ( although I thought it was only a rumor at the time anyway )

The egg hatched to a shiny Cleffa for me with Dizzy Punch. I always wondered if I was lucky or not... but it happens to 50% of the game players. Oh well...

In GSC being shiny wasn't too great... 15 IVs > 10 IVs across the board in general...

2 things to say, 1.) My first was a Shiny Ratata in Silver. 2.) How do you not notice when its shiny? A **** sparkly circle w/ stars appears...

Er... I don't know. Some people can get confused when they see a black Hippowdon and think it's shiny (only to find out it is the female variant) or see the west Shellos first and then see the east version thinking it is shiny. BTW has anyone seen the shiny forms of the aforementioned Pokemon?

There's a vid on youtube from fenzo666 that shows him encountering a shiny Giratina in Distortion World.

Well I wouldnt know if its really coincidence or an AR code, but hell, a real encounter with a shiny giratina....

Oh wow. Shiny Giratina looks like the inverse palette of the original Giratina. Get a sprite of Giratina, copy and paste it into Paint and press Ctrl + I to see for yourself (well... except for the head)!

Is it really? I've never noticed that before. I always thought Giratina was ugly in D/P with his stubby little legs and weird long neck, but now he's really cool in Platinum with his wings out into three. I've also noticed his wings are different then the ones in D/P. He now has his two sets of three spikes in a triangular position.

Is it really? I've never noticed that before. I always thought Giratina was ugly in D/P with his stubby little legs and weird long neck, but now he's really cool in Platinum with his wings out into three. I've also noticed his wings are different then the ones in D/P. He now has his two sets of three spikes in a triangular position.

Yeah, the new Giratina looks cooler, but he's forced to carry the Griseous Orb... and is rather outclassed by Dialga and Palkia as special attackers... although he has more HP than the other two... which always helps. For uber battles though I prefer the regular D/P form because he makes one of the best physical walls out there in ubers had it not been for the fact he doesn't have a instant recovery move (Restalk works but it takes away two moveslots).

I agree though... aesthetically, the origin form looks much cooler than the alternate form... but aesthetics never counted for battling prowess, now did it?

You know, now that I look back, I think I saw a shiny larvatar, if I recall right it was purple on its stomach, although now I know its shiny I didnt before because I've never seen a shiny, volume was all the way down, and I was watching tv and I guess I missed the sparkling sequence, think I was chaining for one

Mmh, but Griseous Orb increases the power of Dragon and Ghost moves, making it x2 power when you include STAB. Ofcourse, Dialga and Palkia get this, but he also gets a Speed boost.

Does it really? I thought it's a x1.2 boost... although I haven't factored in STAB, I admit. And Speed boost? I don't recall that effect... please elaborate :)

You know, now that I look back, I think I saw a shiny larvatar, if I recall right it was purple on its stomach, although now I know its shiny I didnt before because I've never seen a shiny, volume was all the way down, and I was watching tv and I guess I missed the sparkling sequence, think I was chaining for one

I have a shiny Larvitar (it's my friend's really). She's gold and has a purple stomach.

I have a shiny Larvitar (it's my friend's really). She's gold and has a purple stomach.

Yeah thats right, I feel so retarted for not catching that larvatar:(

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

Does it really? I thought it's a x1.2 boost... although I haven't factored in STAB, I admit. And Speed boost? I don't recall that effect... please elaborate :)

QUOTE]

I think when you give a giratina the griseous orb it increases and deacreases certain stats

Oh yeah! Now that I remember, I once ran into a shiny Voltorb. I remember trying to catch it, but it exploded on me....

Ouch. That's bad... but I know someone who had it worse by encountering a shiny Rattata (how does everyone encoutner a shiny Rattata but me?) during the beginning of the game when there were NO POKEBALLS in your bag! Eww...

Yeah thats right, I feel so retarted for not catching that larvatar:(

I could give you mine but my Wifi is down... until I fix it I'm not giving away stuff for obvious reasons.

Does it really? I thought it's a x1.2 boost... although I haven't factored in STAB, I admit. And Speed boost? I don't recall that effect... please elaborate

QUOTE]

Tuoted for qad buote. :)

For all I know it increases Ghost and Dragon moves... basically Giratina's STAB moves but I never heard about the speed boost.