Your first shiny Pokemon?

Sir Xero

The first random shiny I found in my Pearl was a female Zubat, I was triyng to train Kazza (an Abra you get from an in-game trade) and...well:

Me: I'm getting tired

*Does another battle and a Wild Zubat appears*

Me: I should get to bed

*Closes DS lite and about 4 seconds later*

Me: !!! That was a Green Zubat! I'm sure of it!

*Flings DS back open, then throws a Duskball, then closes DS*

Me: I'm going to bed...

*the next day...or a few hours later?*

*Opens up DS and sees the Duskball shake 3 times before it successfully caught the Zubat*

Me: This would make a fine member of my team for my SoulSilver playthrough on September 12.

And now she's a Lv 63 Crobat on my english SoulSilver cartridge save which she settled into about 7 months ago (yes, I said 7 MONTHS AGO, the save was originally a Japanese one before I put it on my english cart).

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Providing Red Gyarados don't count...

My first would have to be Nidorino in PKMN Crystal. Which was followed by a shiny Drowzee several hours later and a shiny Pidgey. Sadly, I lost the cartridge. :(

I've caught several other shinies since... like Hariyama in Ruby which shocked me to death, and a shiny Gastly in Pearl.

I found/caught a shiny Girafarig in Emerald, but forgot to save the game [as I was gonna be late to my next class in college].

• 4 weeks later...

I have two legit shinies:

I found a shiny Bidoof in PT, caught it, and it sits in my PC for no reason.

I also have a shiny Unown ( letter H) in SS. It sits in my PC also.

(Not to mention legit Red Gyrados and Pikachu colored Pichu, and hacked Shiny Tauros and Shiny Hippopotas, Before my AR broke on me...)

growlith on gold, I thought it was normal because I was young and it was the first one I'd ever seen before. Then I save my brothers regular growlith on silver and he pointed it out. To be honest I was kinda relieved because the shiny growlith is UGLY.

Shiny Nidoran♀, and it confused me so much.

It was back in the original Gold version for GBA.

lmao that was my first shiny too! I was walking in the grass in gold and nidoran(males and females) kept appearing and I kept running. Then I see a pink nidoran female and I'm like ugh another one. Then I'm like... wait... aren't males pink and females blue? I caught it and cloned it twice so I had nidoran, nidorina, and nidoqueen all shiny :P I then found out about shinies around the time that saphire came out.

• 2 weeks later...

First encounter was in Gold and it was either a Rattata or Geodude, but I always can't seem to remember which exactly; I had many, but the battery died and so did those that I didn't transfer to Stadium 2. Same story with Silver, but less shiny ones, although I played Gold the most. As for Crystal I still have some, but I haven't bothered to finish the game; I soft reseted for a Totodile far more times than I could count sheep, and I also bred a shiny Dratini, which I instantly used.

RSE, FR/LG, and DP helped me further my collection, but by then and now shiny PKMN had become more of a joke due to how easier they're to hunt and breed (and hack). I do own Platinum and HG/SS, but I haven't played them as much as I do Diamond and Pearl (although Pearl at a lesser extent).