Your first shiny Pokemon?

Sir Xero

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first shiny was either my lileep (it's male and I actually thought about retrying for a female for a split second) or my koffing duo. I was in that tunnel you have to go through in R/S/E before you get the glasses so you can run thruogh the desert and a shiny koffing popped up, I caught it. Another pokemon popped up and I fainted it, but then! another shiny koffing wandered by. And I caught it! It was freaky. I thought it might have been a glitch and they were really clones of one another but they have different natures.

I haven't trained them because I was scared of not teaching them good enough moves. By the time I caught my shiny ratfata in FireRed I was over that and I trained Sprinkles as part of my main party. It was kinda cool because I'd never thought to train a rattata before. Up until a certain point in the game it's a really good monster to have on your team.

And aside from the recent event Pichu those are literally the only shinies I have :\ I have 400 hours across D/P/P and SS. Never seen a shiny in any of those games.

Like most of the people here, I didn't know about shiny pokemon when I first saw my shiny.

I remember it was in Pokemon Silver (the original version) and I was on my way to the cave to go to Azalea Town and I saw an Ekans!

I didn't know it was shiny because, to me, the color looked the same and I thought it was the lighting around my house when I was playing.

I ended up killing/fainting it and my Totodile evolved :\

I found a shiny Electrike on my Sapphire (it was blue I think) and I got ripped off by my (at the time) friend who turned out to be a weasel jerk. He stole a zillion of my PS2 games and MY CRYSTAL (first Pokémon game I EVER HAD)! Also on (I think it was LG) I found a shiny Geodude. can't remember what i did with it but it's gone now. Ah well, now I just gotta wait until i find one on my HG...

Mine was a shiny Numel in pokemon Emerald.

i evolved it.

I've found a few shiny pokemon in Emerald, i remember all of them too. :)

first was a Numel, then a Machop, Tentacool, Poochyena, Oddish & Swablu.

I also remember distinctly finding & catching a shiny Graveler for my friend in the Magma Hideout.

we then traded it back and forth so he had a shiny Golem :)

i misplaced my Emerald game; Haven't found it yet & its been like 3 years :P

I'm now waiting to find a shiny pokemon in my HG :)

I envy you all. I have NEVER found a shiny. I remember restarting my game just before I picked my starter in Sapphire because I wanted a shiny Treecko. In Crystal I did the same before buying a Porygon. Both failed attempts.

..... I REALLY WANT A SHINY.

My first shiny Pokemon was Zubat in Pokemon Ruby Version. About a year later, in 2004, I found a shiny Snorlax in FireRed Version just south of Lavender Town.

I didn't find another legitimate shiny Pokemon until I played Pearl Version, where I found a shiny Gastly.

My first shiney was a vulpix. OMG it looked awesome as a shiney ninetails. *wishing i still had my original silver*. i almost dropped my ds when i found a shiney magmar in platinum. wasnt able to get it though, only had regular pokeballs. :( sucks it really does

My first shiny was not in diamond or pearl nor platinum.... it was in leaf green in one of the sevi islands.

the pokemon i caught was a weepinbell, i thought it was female but it turns out it was shiny eventually i sent it ova to pearl and managed to trade it for something more useful i recall it was a level 97 rayquaza with fully trained iv and ev's witch was awesome

i still have it and has won me multiple uber battles

Mine was a Shiny Wurmple in Pokemon Sapphire. That was the time I was playing a Pokemon Game for the first time, so I didn't know anything. After I saw a normal Wurmple, I saw a purple one (shiny) and I was like what the heck? Are there two kinds of Wurmples? Plus that time, I didn't know what a 'shiny' was, so I just ran away from the Shiny Wurmple which was a BIG mistake. And the Sapphire game was my cousin's and I told him that I saw a purple wurmple and I ran away from it. Then my cousin got surprised and told me that it was Shiny Wurmple, so now I know what a Shiny was. Then my cousin got pissed off because I didn't catch the Shiny Wurmple and ran away from it. Dude, I didn't even have any PokeBalls, so there was no way I could've caught that Shiny Wurmple. So yeah. That's all. Plus the first Shiny Pokemon I got without Pokesav was a JAPANESE red gyarados.

I recently found a shiny Arbok in Crystal. I was just training a Donphan I had hatched (It was a phanpy, of course) and was training it to catch up with the rest of my team. I looked in my pokedex thinking of a pokemon to replace my scyther since I had nobody to trade with to evolve it, and then I was done because I didn't know who, then I ran into the grass. Bam, Shiny Arbok. I was incredibly surprised, it was like a mettallic yellow with the patterns and mouth being blue. I had clones four masterballs so I threw one at it.

It's now a very useful member of my team.

My first and only is a Zubat from Sapphire. I was training in Victory Road, then I found the shiny. I was like What...The....Oh...My..God... It was amazing. Too bad though it a Brave Nature. I would have preferred Awesome Nature.

The first shiny I randomly encountered on my Diamond was a female Bibarel. Truth is, I was trying to chain for a shiny Gastly that day, so I activated my Pokeradar and then walked into a normal patch (it wasn't a shiny patch, trust me) of grass and this is what happened:

*Battle music plays and I notice something odd about the Bibarel's darkened sprite*

Me: *My jaw drops because I realize it's shiny*

*Bibarel locks into position, makes it's cry and a bunch of stars appear*

Me: It's shiny? No! That can't be right, I thought I couldn't tell between a Shiny Bibarel and a normal one... Oh well, I'll just keep it like I would any other shiny.

*Throws Dusk ball and captures Bibarel*

Me: Yes, now I'll put my DS up for the day.

Later that day(about 4 hours later), I somehow fell asleep while I was supposed to be doing my homework, and my Dad decided to be the ass (excuse my language) of the day (he has this title nearly everday) and take my DS while I was in the bathroom :confused::mad::confused::mad:(he didn't know I played it earlier that day), I'll never forgive him for doing a dirty trick like that ever again.:mad::mad::mad:(I bet none of your parents take your DS for stupid reasons such as this, that's to anyone under 17 and living with their parents).