Your first shiny Pokemon?

Sir Xero

I literally only signed up just to respond to this post. My very first shiny pokemon ( back when I had no clue about anything pokemon ) was a gold metapod. I was playing with my friends, I originally only got the game to play and trade with them.

We were all at one of their homes playing the game. It was my first run through and I was just getting used to the game. I had finally beat ??? ( which is what I answered when asked what his name was. My friends had a hearty laugh each time I faced him and his name was ??? ), and was well on my way to Violet City when I heard that annoying ( it got annoying really quick ) "You got mail a battle" sound. I was TIRED of facing the same pokemon over and over. I heard the sound and saw the shimmer of this particular pokemon and was awed. It looked beautiful for it's 2d, pixelated splendor. Every one of my friends went mad with jealousy.

I eventually raised my metapod ( which evolved into a pink butterfree after no time at all ) and he was in my final party. Talk about deadly at lvl 100, no rare candies used.

011.png > 012.png

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;27455']I literally only signed up just to respond to this post. My very first shiny pokemon ( back when I had no clue about anything pokemon ) was a gold metapod. I was playing with my friends' date=' I originally only got the game to play and trade with them.

We were all at one of their homes playing the game. It was my first run through and I was just getting used to the game. I had finally beat ??? ( which is what I answered when asked what his name was. My friends had a hearty laugh each time I faced him and his name was ??? ), and was well on my way to Violet City when I heard that annoying ( it got annoying really quick ) "You got [s']mail[/s] a battle" sound. I was TIRED of facing the same pokemon over and over. I heard the sound and saw the shimmer of this particular pokemon and was awed. It looked beautiful for it's 2d, pixelated splendor. Every one of my friends went mad with jealousy.

I eventually raised my metapod ( which evolved into a pink butterfree after no time at all ) and he was in my final party. Talk about deadly at lvl 100, no rare candies used.

011.png > 012.png

Funny... I had the SAME EXACT pink Metapod (and it was female) from the Bug Catching Contest (which I had to give up Scyther for)... and all it learned was Harden even after evolving. I had to teach it TMs >.>

Edited by wraith89

Mine was a silver Pinsir from the Bug-Catching Contest in Silver. I was super excited to have a shiny all my own! My sister caught a green Kakuna there, too, and she used the Beedrill on her team. I forget if I did the same for my Pinsir, since my teams tend to be based around if I like the Pokemon's appearance or not, and I'm not crazy about Pinsir, but man, I'd like to have another just for nostalgia's sake.

My primary shiny pokémon was a Bidoof. While I first started my game, near Jubilife City I started training my pokémon. That's when I ran into the Bidoof. I didn't want it to be my first shiny in the game, but at least I got one as it is rare.

Mine was in Silver version, even before I came across the Red Gyrados, and was a shiny Syther. At the time I didn't realize it was shiny, but when it evolved and was a Golden Scizor, I was blown away.

Then in my Saphire game, I found a shiny Wurmple, then later came across a shiny Lombre.

Not really impressive encounters, but surprising nonetheless.

It may not seem like it (due to its title) but there already is a thread about this. At this location. The thread specifies that its about your first shiny pokemon ever however, people have also been listing all the shiny pokemon they've caught as well so it wouldn't hurt to do it there. I'm assuming this thread is going to get locked due to its repetitiveness.

Edit:

Oh I see that wraith89 merged it :)

Edited by pokemonfan

I take it you hacked to see the Shiny Dialga then.

Seeing as you can't breed them you won't ever encounter a shiny one.

Not really. A shiny Pokemon doesn't have to be hatched. Some people are lucky to encounter a shiny legendary. You can technically keep restarting for desired effects and eventually a shiny legend can appear.

Not really. A shiny Pokemon doesn't have to be hatched. Some people are lucky to encounter a shiny legendary. You can technically keep restarting for desired effects and eventually a shiny legend can appear.

If it's roaming it may be a Shiny, but it's impossible to get a Shiny Dialga.

If it is possible then can you prove it as they're part of the main story so won't be altered.

If it's roaming it may be a Shiny, but it's impossible to get a Shiny Dialga.

If it is possible then can you prove it as they're part of the main story so won't be altered.

Impossible? Now why would you think it's impossible? Anything can be shiny actually... even legends that are standing right in front of you. The Pokemon's PID keeps randomizing, so I don't see how shinies can be impossible.

My friend got a shiny Giratina from Platinum... >.>

Impossible? Now why would you think it's impossible? Anything can be shiny actually... even legends that are standing right in front of you. The Pokemon's PID keeps randomizing, so I don't see how shinies can be impossible.

My friend got a shiny Giratina from Platinum... >.>

Still need proof x).

But I've gone through Pearl 23 times and not once did any of them turn shiny.

Still need proof x).

But I've gone through Pearl 23 times and not once did any of them turn shiny.

Shinies are hard to come across, what do you expect? The chance of getting a shiny is like 1/8000ish...

Remember, absence of evidence != evidence of absence. Besides, there'd be no reason to create a shiny Dialga/Palkia sprite then, don't you think?