Your first shiny Pokemon?

Sir Xero

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh, sadly I failed. All the time you think you have it, you don't. Seriously. The chain ended at a whopping 56.

I haven't broken a chain in a while, I end all my chains intentionally.

I'm horrible at explaining things, but remember to reset the radar a ton. Why was your chain broken?

By the way, an easy way for beginners to learn chaining is to use an infinite battery code for the pokeradar, and an infinite repel code to go with it.

I haven't broken a chain in a while, I end all my chains intentionally.

I'm horrible at explaining things, but remember to reset the radar a ton. Why was your chain broken?

By the way, an easy way for beginners to learn chaining is to use an infinite battery code for the pokeradar, and an infinite repel code to go with it.

Thanks, I'll do just that. I was chaining for Ponyta and a Kriketune pops out of nowhere. Just a question, but if you use a Pokéradar and encounter Mesprit or Cresselia or one of the three birds, could you continue a chain with them if you faint them?

Thanks, I'll do just that. I was chaining for Ponyta and a Kriketune pops out of nowhere. Just a question, but if you use a Pokéradar and encounter Mesprit or Cresselia or one of the three birds, could you continue a chain with them if you faint them?

I'm almost positive that you cannot chain cresselia or mesprit because they are one-time pokemon, and do not "naturally" appear in the grass. In fact, I don't know if you could even find them with the pokeradar.

I'm almost positive that you cannot chain cresselia or mesprit because they are one-time pokemon, and do not "naturally" appear in the grass. In fact, I don't know if you could even find them with the pokeradar.

It would be nice to have a Blue Cresselia rather than a Purple Cresselia.

Oh hey, reverse shiny Cresselia is Blue/Purple pallette =D

How are we supposed to soft reset for a shiny Cresselia if it runs away? Same for the three birds, and Mesprit.

You pretty much don't. Roaming Pokemon are set once they start running, as far as nature and all that goes. Cress is slightly easier since it's just one; but soft resetting for shiny bird trio or regi trio or lake trio would be INSANE.

I have a friend with a legit shiny cresselia. amazing IVs on it as well. I can't remember the exact numbers, but it was good. Only problem was it had a timid nature or something of the sort. still not bad though.

If you were extremely persistent and really wanted the Poke that badly, you might try it.

I know I wouldn't. I'd just use AR.

Using an AR on games totally destroys any point in playing them. Theres a reason people don't like cheating.

Yeah, I could spend about a minute in my calculator finding myself a chained shiny PID, put it into a pokemon, and click go.

Instead, I spend 20 minutes getting a chain to 40, then spend 3-5ish minutes finding myself a shiny.

People might not like it, but you still see people doing it, don't you?

I don't hunt for shiny Pokemon, anyway. The only ones I have are random encounter ones.

Well, using an AR to speed things up doesn't count. Thats not ruining a game, thats preventing it from wasting your time and getting boring and repetitive.

When you use an AR to skip the entire game, then you might aswell just use a simulator...

I wait till I get through the game before I use AR.

I'm an impatient person... so, yeah, I use AR to find some shiny Poke.

I released all those, though. Stupid New Year's resolution.

Oh, yeah, is getting a shiny off Coliseum or xD completely random? Or can you reset to get one?

I got a shiny Entei off mine, so I was wondering if I could get some more.