Your first shiny Pokemon?

Sir Xero

It was terrible, the first shiny that I saw (in emerald)was in the battle tower. T_T It was a manectric, the trainer just laughed at me. The only other one that I have found was a ditto. (the place where you get the TM Dig in emerald.) I was so lucky. To bad ditto isn't very useful for anything else than breeding.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just restarted Diamond after transferring everything to Platinum, and came across a shiny Starly within the first two hours of playing. Sadly, a critical hit killed it so I couldn't catch it. So far, that's the only shiny I have seen in the game not counting some of the event pokemon that are on this site I have added to my game.

1st pokemon I saw that was shiny was the Red Garydos...and I killed it xD Other than that the only other shiny I have ever seen was from a chain of ralts.

It was terrible, the first shiny that I saw (in emerald)was in the battle tower. T_T It was a manectric, the trainer just laughed at me. The only other one that I have found was a ditto. (the place where you get the TM Dig in emerald.) I was so lucky. To bad ditto isn't very useful for anything else than breeding.

I really wish they add in a shiny chance multiplier for breeding in the GS remakes. It would really make a shiny ditto useful. Not a huge shiny chance increase but at least something.

The first shiny I met was a shiny gastly on pkmn silver. At the time I didn't know about shiny's and I missed the 3 only pokeballs that I had with me :(

Then, a lot of time later, I met a shiny swablu on sapphire. Short afterwards I found a shiny wingull on my emerald. And then I met a shiny zubat, also on emerald.

Then on my pokemon diamond I met a shiny bidoof after playing 28 minutes, and when I first arrived at iron island I met a shiny graveler. And no, this is not the end. Finally on pokemon platinum I met a shiny floatsel near sunnyshore city.

Whew.. a lot of typing... Seems I had more luck than most of you guys:D

G.

The first shiny I met was a shiny gastly on pkmn silver. At the time I didn't know about shiny's and I missed the 3 only pokeballs that I had with me :(

Then, a lot of time later, I met a shiny swablu on sapphire. Short afterwards I found a shiny wingull on my emerald. And then I met a shiny zubat, also on emerald.

Then on my pokemon diamond I met a shiny bidoof after playing 28 minutes, and when I first arrived at iron island I met a shiny graveler. And no, this is not the end. Finally on pokemon platinum I met a shiny floatsel near sunnyshore city.

Whew.. a lot of typing... Seems I had more luck than most of you guys:D

G.

If you say so. Most of us have met more than 15 shiney's. I personaly have met about 13 and have caught 8.

My first shiny was a...

Spr_3f_110_s.png

Female Weezing in Fire Red. I got overexcited, and my game at that point was horrible, so I used a Master Ball to catch it. I also realized that it probably would have Selfdestructed...

If you had a Pokemon with the Damp ability, then it would have prevented it from Selfdestructing. :P

My first shiny was either the Red Gyarados from Pokemon Gold, or a Weedle caught during the Bug Catching Contest in Gold. I don't remember which I caught first, though.

Unfortunately, Shiny Weedle only got me second in that competition. That's the only time I didn't get first place.

My first shiny was either the Red Gyarados from Pokemon Gold, or a Weedle caught during the Bug Catching Contest in Gold. I don't remember which I caught first, though.

Unfortunately, Shiny Weedle only got me second in that competition. That's the only time I didn't get first place.

What about the 3-rd and 4-th gen. games?

If you had a Pokemon with the Damp ability, then it would have prevented it from Selfdestructing. :P

You are right! What was I thinking? I should have caught a Psyduck or Poliwag in case the unlikely event of a shiny bomb Pokémon appearing. Honestly me using the Master Ball was not much of a sudden move; I thought it through and decided that my FireRed was just not worth it. After transferring it to my Diamond I restarted it. On a side note, I realized that no matter how hard I try the level difference from Giovanni to the Champion is way too great... But always fun to look at the game and say, "How could you lose to me?"

You are right! What was I thinking? I should have caught a Psyduck or Poliwag in case the unlikely event of a shiny bomb Pokémon appearing. Honestly me using the Master Ball was not much of a sudden move; I thought it through and decided that my FireRed was just not worth it. After transferring it to my Diamond I restarted it. On a side note, I realized that no matter how hard I try the level difference from Giovanni to the Champion is way too great... But always fun to look at the game and say, "How could you lose to me?"

LOL I know that the purpose is too specialized X_X

But yeah, you are able to transfer them into Gen IV carts anyways, so why bother? :P

My first shiny I found was a shiny lickitung on platinum. I was playing my ds and watching a hockey game at the same time. while i was watching the game i was running my character back and forth to hatch an egg. when i looked on the screen the lickitung was light brown!!! I was so excited! I was starting to think that i was never gooing to see one..

But then it got better. that SAME DAY I went into the safari zone and ran into a shiny noctowl!!!! I almost shit myself because in the safari zone ANY pokemon can flee. but I caught it!

Can u guys believe that. 2 shinys,Same play through, same day!! I can't believe my luck!

Wow, the odds are improbable! The chances which is like 1/8162 or something in the 1/8000 range that you would find a shiny with those chances is just amazing without chaining, and even more amazing that you found two in the same day! My friend, on his diamond, it must have been early on caught a shinx and it was shiny but he didn't know. So he was searching through his pc and must have seen the shiny shinx and he was like OMG! Especially since he checked the catch date and it was 2 years ago! So he blew it way out of wack and now is obsessed with luxray and its pre evolutionary stages. He is wacked and last I checked his luxray was moving up levels faster then a bird climbs higher into the sky. He trained it like nuts but he hasn't told me the level in ages.

Its insane what some people do to their first shiny pokemon. Mine was a drifloon *hacked to get it* and I trained it like nuts and it owns! Well, I'm sure any real competitor could take it down but its pretty decent. The things people do for shinies....

yeah you got a point there. what cracks me up though is that people are so hellbent on finding shinys and i randomly find two in one day! Im not nearly as obsessed over finding shinys as some people are, i just got lucky lol. The safari zone has to be the worst place to find a shiny, considering most flee like 2-3 turns later! Or if its like a kangaskahn, you only get one shot at it. I hear stories of people soft reseting their games thousands of times to get a shiny starter or a shiny legendary! Who has the time for that. Oh and have fun with your shiny drifloon!

Wow, the odds are improbable! The chances which is like 1/8162 or something in the 1/8000 range that you would find a shiny with those chances is just amazing without chaining, and even more amazing that you found two in the same day! My friend, on his diamond, it must have been early on caught a shinx and it was shiny but he didn't know. So he was searching through his pc and must have seen the shiny shinx and he was like OMG! Especially since he checked the catch date and it was 2 years ago! So he blew it way out of wack and now is obsessed with luxray and its pre evolutionary stages. He is wacked and last I checked his luxray was moving up levels faster then a bird climbs higher into the sky. He trained it like nuts but he hasn't told me the level in ages.

Its insane what some people do to their first shiny pokemon. Mine was a drifloon *hacked to get it* and I trained it like nuts and it owns! Well, I'm sure any real competitor could take it down but its pretty decent. The things people do for shinies....

I'll do some quick math for you.

There is an approximate 0.01225% chance to find a shiny in each random battle you're in. Chaining it gradually reduces it until a 40+ chain the chance is reduced to 1/200, or 0.5% chance.

Assuming you can fight 200 random battles in an hour (one battle every 18 seconds), the theoretical probability of you finding a shiny is increased to 2.5% chance of finding a shiny in that hour.

Lets assume you were looking for two shinies in a single hour. Assuming its a perfect split in that you get a shiny at attempt 100 and 200, you would have to use the math 100/8162 squared. This is a 0.15% chance that you would find two shinies in an hour assuming you fight 200 random battles.

Yes that math is off, I think, but I'm really tired so dont blame me =(