Your first shiny Pokemon?

Sir Xero

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the 2nd generation games no shiny's AT ALL (red gyarados excluded)

-------------------

in the 3rd generation i was FAR MORE lucky... :cool:

on Ruby: Oddish (just before Lilycove City)

on Sapphire: Taillow (after passing Petalburg City)

on Fire Red: Nidorina in the Safari Zone (and caught it!) and several hours later Moltres (caught as well) :cool:

on Leaf Green: Caterpie (in Viridian Forest)

on Emerald: (BEFORE the pokemon league) Rayquaza (and managed to catch it :smile: )

i remember that encounter VERY WELL

that lv.70 Rayquaza against my lvl 55 Swellow

Rayquaza used Extremespeed, weakening my Swellow down to just 1 HP remaining

then my Swellow used Endeavor against Rayquaza, bringing him down to 1 HP as well

throwed 1 ultra ball, and caught it :smile: (talking of sheer luck)

--------------------------

in the 4th generation games i had to wait almost a full year for the first shiny to appear there

as i played my Diamond for the 2nd time around (fast play), i came across a shiny Dialga... (my jaws fell open the moment i saw it)

the occasion itself was special, the day it happened even more; at the beginning day of last Olympic Summer games in 2008

(8th of august 2008, or in short 8/8/'08) caught it, of course

that's a quick round-up

• 1 month later...

I was on the visual boy advance, using the speed up button just defeating wild pokemons to level up, when a shiny spearow appeared and got defeated in 1 second without letting me a chance to capture it (this was on fire red version, near cerulean city, at the grass patch right after mount moon)

until now, I've never seen any other shiny pokemon (I actually thought that the eastern version of wurmple, which is blue, was shiny lol)

First shiny Pokémon I ran into? (Not counting Red Gyarados)

A Shiny Electrode in Pokémon Gold. It was beautiful. Back then I didn't know about "shiny pokémon"... The Shiny Electrode fainted... I tried turning the GBC on and off several times but... Shiny Electrode didn't appear again. =/

First Shiny Pokémon I caught? (Not counting Red Gyarados)

I don't remember. xD But I did catch a Shiny Gyarados in Pokémon Diamond. BEFORE the release of HG/SS. =D

• 4 weeks later...
What is your first actual shiny pokemon that you have ran into or caught WITHOUT THE USE of Pokesav or other cheating device?

First one was shiny gyarados in silver, but without an event it was a shiny Hariyama in Sapphire's victory road. Then I later got Shiny Zubat as the fifth pokemon I found in my Leafgreen's Mt. Moon (WHAT ARE THE CHANCES?!?!?!?). Then the last I legitamately caught as of now was SoulSilver's Red Gyarados.

• 4 weeks later...

All of my legit shinies (with the exeption of a golden Hoothoot I got in SoulSilver) were from Silver and Crystal (so sad that there's no way to transfer them to the new generation games ><). Me, my sister and my mom used to farm Masterballs (we had somewhere around 20 of 'em) so we found quite a few shinies midway, but the first one was a shiny Tangela (I think it was light green, but I don't know for sure), mom was the one that caught it and afterwards we were all staring at it without really knowing what to do. xD

Anyway, after the Tangela we got (in no special order) a shiny Golbat (can't remember if it was a Golbat or a Zubat, but I mostly remember it being a Golbat), a shiny Spinarak (that was purple, so much cuter than the green one~ ♥), a shiny Igglypuff and Cleffa (neither ever evolved since we were constantly changing them from one game to another or to Pokemon Stadium), a shiny Hoothoot and a shiny Pidgey. There was one that either got killed or ranway, I think it was a Yanma. s:

I actually just registered to write in this thread (never had a chance to brag about my shinies before~) 8D

Edited by Boo!
There was a smiley in the wrong place. x:

• 2 weeks later...

My first shiny Pokemon was a shiny Rattata in the original Crystal version. Bad news? It was at the very beginning of the game when I had no Pokeballs. To add insult to injury, it was the very first grass patch I walked into. I saved a video on my phone, but nobody wants to hear me ranting at my TV (it was a ROM being played on my modded xbox with an emulator. I'm that crazy, yes.)

Since then I've cheated for some shinies, but I've successfully RNG-ed in Emerald for a shiny Torchic starter (now a Blaziken), Rayquaza, Beldum, Lileep, Anorith, and Deoxys, and I'm going for Groudon, Kyogre, Mew, Sudowoodo and Southern Island Latios shinies. Actually, if anyone wants, I can put up the PKM files sometime this week. They all have the same ivs and nature because they were caught on the same frame (my first shiny frame in Emerald is at 34.56 seconds, Naughty nature and 30 sp attack iv plus some other decent ivs). Yes, I cheated for the Eon Ticket, Old Sea Map, Aurora Ticket, and Mystic Ticket, but hey, the pokemon themselves are legit. (No shiny Lugia and Ho-oh because I cheated for them shiny in FR.)

And my only truly random shiny in Gen III/IV was an Electrode in Cerulean Cave in Fire Red. I hate Explosion.

/long winded comment

EDIT: and yes, I'm new here. Hi everyone!

My shiny log now includes:

-Golbat, caught in Emerald's Victory Road

-Poochyena, west of Lilycove

-Wurmple, west of Oldale (haven't evolved it yet so I don't know if it'll become Dustox or Beautifly)

-Ditto, in the Desert Underpass.

All of these were in Emerald, I used Pikatimer. Makes things so much easier :)

Mine was a dratini that a firned gave me.

But for the firts in early generations was a red Chansey in pokemon Gold, unny stuff was that a friend told me that he got a "red" Chansey at school so I went to search and found one in like 2 hours lol I know random

I've had quite a few shiny encounters outside of the red Gyarados in the johto games.

My first, however, was in Crystal. I got into a battle with a shiny Graveler and sadly enough he used self-destruct before I could catch him.

My next encounter was a green Marill in Ruby (?) I can't remember the game really, but I caught it and leveled it to 50s then thought to myself, what am I doing leveling an Azumarill!?

Next was a Makuhita in victory road on Emerald. I didn't have any pokeballs. I was ticked.

When FR/LG came out I soft reset my game for about a month until I got a shiny Charmander.

I've also pokeradar chained over 20 different shinies as well as hatched a few too including 2 Bagons, a Beldum and a Charmander.

Well, that's been my shiny encounters in a nutshell.